Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. (/showthread.php?tid=2911)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - C'io Behkt - 07-18-2013

I'm playing a Coeurl! Given my backstory, it's probably likely that C'io and C'jinn are from different branches of the overall tribe, though.

As C'io, I'd be interested if something came out of this. Given her nature, though, she'll likely wander in and out of the group and be more than happy to help any miqo'te looking to understand or get back in touch with her/his roots! And given that I think my views on how the nunh/tia system work are probably not the norm, though, I'll be keeping my somewhat separated backstory so I don't have to clash paradigms on an OOC level with anyone, just on an IC level, which I always welcome, Smile.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Kailia - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 01:02 PM)Clover Wrote:
(07-18-2013, 11:53 AM)Ender Wrote: As I expect most of our characters are travelling regularly, I wouldn't expect it to be something that was constantly hanging over their head, but I'd definitely be up for having connections with one, doing some events, gatherings, etc! Smile
Yes, that's how I see it too. Characters could be traveling around the world, but still keep ties with their tribe. Organizing events would also be fun, and they'd bring the Miqo'te's community together. It'd also be interesting to see what the Seeker males come up with to fight for the nunh title. There are many possibilities.

Now... I actually don't know how to organize such a thing *falls*. I guess that, in order for it to work, several people should be willing to change their characters' name to adapt to whatever tribe is chosen in the end. Should we make a poll? ;
Yeah make a poll Smile I am hoping for a tribe of the wolf. Doesn't seem like too many people will be using the wolf though.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Y'hmir - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 01:03 PM)C Wrote: I'm playing a Coeurl! Given my backstory, it's probably likely that C'io and C'jinn are from different branches of the overall tribe, though.

As C'io, I'd be interested if something came out of this. Given her nature, though, she'll likely wander in and out of the group and be more than happy to help any miqo'te looking to understand or get back in touch with her/his roots! And given that I think my views on how the nunh/tia system work are probably not the norm, though, I'll be keeping my somewhat separated backstory so I don't have to clash paradigms on an OOC level with anyone, just on an IC level, which I always welcome, Smile.

From what I read on your characters view on tribal life, I think it'd be a blast if my character met yours. You'd blow his mind and make him think really hard on the things he was taught as a kid.

On another note, if people are less inclined to change their names, how about a off-shoot tribe from the usual tribes, one consisting of Miqo'te who might have left their original tribes for a reason but still feel the pull to stay connected to other tribal miqo'te?

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Kyatai - 07-18-2013

I am very into adding cultural aspects to RP.. I think it adds a cool dimension and conflict/alliances in character interactions. (as noted above about the Miqo that would be uncomfortable around other more tribal Seekers).

I am presently debating on what I want to run on Gilgamesh with my LS. The toss up is between Miqo'te Seeker (made one in Beta- so cute! Tongue) and Hyur Midlander....
I like the look of (and the ideas I have for) my Seeker- but though I would make her more culturally slanted, she would not be a... erm... "my only use is as a kitten factory" type. I seem to recall another Seeker that took a similar stance here- one that said "Females are just awesome- its the males that have to prove themselves."
I -like- that attitude. Totally fits my thought process for her.
If I went with her... I'd not be opposed to a family (never done that before and sounds fun!)... and I'd love to work with you Clover Smile.
But ONLY if you stop apologizing for your -very good- grasp of English! Wink

As far as name goes... was considering T'kyiah, making her Condor Clan. However... I would be flexible for clan as long as it fit her name *grins*

My Elezen will still be on Balmung, as I fully intend to partake of the lovely RP ops with the great people I (hope) to meet in the RPC. (So far I've really only met/talked with Yssen IG... for as much as THAT is worth...
<_<
>_>
KIDDING! (don't stab me... Cry ))

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Manari - 07-18-2013

Manari is a Keeper, born and raised in a tribe deep in the East Shroud. There aren't many survivors of the tribe, in fact, Manari believes she and one other person are the only ones. When I wrote her story a year and a half ago, I left a few namesless survivors scattered about in case something ever came up and I needed to use one, but for the most part I don't think Manari could be from the same tribe as another player (unless said player really wanted to be from the Onai tribe which I created).

However, I think that other tribes of Keepers living in the Should could easily know of each other. For example, if Manari meets someone from another Keeper tribe, they talk for a bit and Manari mentions that she was from the Onai Tribe, the other person could say something like "Oh, I remember the Onai tribe, we used to trade with them cycles ago." Or something like that. I think that could be entirely possible.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Kailia - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 01:09 PM)Kyatai Wrote: I am very into adding cultural aspects to RP.. I think it adds a cool dimension and conflict/alliances in character interactions. (as noted above about the Miqo that would be uncomfortable around other more tribal Seekers).

I am presently debating on what I want to run on Gilgamesh with my LS. The toss up is between Miqo'te Seeker (made one in Beta- so cute! Tongue) and Hyur Midlander....
I like the look of (and the ideas I have for) my Seeker- but though I would make her more culturally slanted, she would not be a... erm... "my only use is as a kitten factory" type. I seem to recall another Seeker that took a similar stance here- one that said "Females are just awesome- its the males that have to prove themselves."
I -like- that attitude. Totally fits my thought process for her.
If I went with her... I'd not be opposed to a family (never done that before and sounds fun!)... and I'd love to work with you Clover Smile.
But ONLY if you stop apologizing for your -very good- grasp of English! Wink

As far as name goes... was considering T'kyiah, making her Condor Clan. However... I would be flexible for clan as long as it fit her name *grins*

My Elezen will still be on Balmung, as I fully intend to partake of the lovely RP ops with the great people I (hope) to meet in the RPC. (So far I've really only met/talked with Yssen IG... for as much as THAT is worth...
<_<
>_>
KIDDING! (don't stab me... Cry ))

I am with you on that. My character wouldn't be a kitten factory. She's more independent than to be one. If anything she's only recently come into adulthood and beginning her journey. She's not interested in mating, only learning and seeing the world at this stage of her life.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Nox - 07-18-2013

I just came up with an idea and figured I'd throw it out there. Rip it apart if you wish. I'm happy to make a linkshell called something along the lines of "Tribe of the Wayward" or something to that effect. It'd basically be a "tribe" for all (from any tribe) Miqo'te to keep in touch and have someone they can rely on. I'm happy to work with everyone if they like this idea. If not, well, I threw something out there.

Edit: The idea behind it is tentative and subject to tweaks.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Desmond Aryll - 07-18-2013

It definitely sounds like a poll about what tribe everyone's respective Miqo'te is from is in order. My kitty alt will participate of course!

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Clover - 07-18-2013

Ah, a Linkshell would be helpful to keep Miqo'tes together, indeed! Albeit I'm unsure of how to proceed if all tribes are united (?).

Another problem that has arisen while reading this thread... on what server should the tribe be created? I guess we should choose the server that has most Miqo'tes for it to work. W-would that mean another poll? My head is a mess, hahaha.

In any case, thank you for your support, everyone!

EDIT: Um, I've tried to make a poll, but I'm unsure of how to actually add it. It also says that polls can only have 20 options, while there are 26 Seeker Tribes... orz
We'll have to go with what people write here. So far I've seen interest in C, W, and X. Am I missing anyone?

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Y'hmir - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 01:42 PM)Clover Wrote: *snip*

EDIT: Um, I've tried to make a poll, but I'm unsure of how to actually add it. It also says that polls can only have 20 options, while there are 26 Seeker Tribes... orz
We'll have to go with what people write here. So far I've seen interest in C, W, and X. Am I missing anyone?
*cough* L! *cough*

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Desmond Aryll - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 01:42 PM)Clover Wrote: Another problem that has arisen while reading this thread... on what server should the tribe be created? I guess we should choose the server that has most Miqo'tes for it to work. W-would that mean another poll? My head is a mess, hahaha.

You could start with posting a poll about the server you intend to play on primarily? This is a wonderful idea and I am sure the same set up can follow on the other server as well.

I am Basilisk (P) but like many others I am willing to change it up if needs be.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Clover - 07-18-2013

Okay, poll done! Phew, that was difficult *laughs*.

Let's choose the server first, then later on we can choose a Seeker tribe among the ones people prefer.

C, X, W, L, P, so far (if I'm missing anyone, please let me know!)

My character is initially from F, but I don't mind changing her name, soooo... unless anyone else wants F, I won't add it to the future poll.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Xha'li Moui - 07-18-2013

My keeper might be an exile(his tribe's matriarch hated magic), but joining another tribe akin to what this is starting to resemble might be something he'd consider after getting to know several of them.  I put his former tribe just beyond the edge of the Shroud, so its possible they might have heard of other tribes, or perhaps traded with them as well before the Calamity.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Khaze'to Zhwan - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 01:12 PM)Manari Wrote: However, I think that other tribes of Keepers living in the Should could easily know of each other.  For example, if Manari meets someone from another Keeper tribe, they talk for a bit and Manari mentions that she was from the Onai Tribe, the other person could say something like "Oh, I remember the Onai tribe, we used to trade with them cycles ago."  Or something like that.  I think that could be entirely possible.
This is much how I am playing Khaze'to, as a Keeper of the Twelveswood,  could be fun to have that little conversation in game and see where it goes.  He also has two younger sisters and an older brother and sister if people wanted to rp in the family but again again I doubt that's gonna happen. Big Grin

I also think that the RPing a tribe would be awesome.  Khaze'to's grandfather was a Seeker and I have yet to decide what tribe he was from.  Given that he was exiled from the tribe when he mated with a Keeper it could be fun to RP the different attitudes that exile can bring. 

I also know that there is at least one Raptor Seeker on the forums so that's an R for your poll.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Kira - 07-18-2013

My main is going to be a keeper, but her sister (an alt) that I'll be active on is a Viper (L) Seeker archer, so I'm VERY interested in the ideas being put forth in here, as L'Fia grew up away from a family. Thus having a tribe of actual rper's sounds ideal for character development! Heart