Hydaelyn Role-Players
Last till cancel emotes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Last till cancel emotes (/showthread.php?tid=3193)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Last till cancel emotes - Naunet - 08-01-2013

(08-01-2013, 07:57 PM)Aysun Wrote: But /dance? Hell no. XD People would put themselves on /dance and AFK.. it'd be so annoying.. There's going to be enough odd stuff to ignore for the sake of immersion already, let's not add more!

Eh? Nothing like this has bothered me in any other MMO... xD

RE: Last till cancel emotes - Felix Sideris - 08-01-2013

(08-01-2013, 11:35 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(08-01-2013, 07:57 PM)Aysun Wrote: But /dance? Hell no. XD People would put themselves on /dance and AFK.. it'd be so annoying.. There's going to be enough odd stuff to ignore for the sake of immersion already, let's not add more!

Eh? Nothing like this has bothered me in any other MMO... xD
My point exactly.

RE: Last till cancel emotes - FreelanceWizard - 08-01-2013

It was kind of annoying in CoH when griefers would do it but... meh. I don't feel things that can be useful for RP should be squelched because griefers might abuse them. Persistent /dance helped immersion in Pocket D, so I thought it was a net positive. Smile

I Liked all of the relevant threads I could find on this topic over on the beta forums. (Also, I think I posted a similar feedback thread back in Phase 2...) Let's hope the devs listen!

RE: Last till cancel emotes - Felix Sideris - 08-02-2013

(08-01-2013, 11:54 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: It was kind of annoying in CoH when griefers would do it but... meh. I don't feel things that can be useful for RP should be squelched because griefers might abuse them. Persistent /dance helped immersion in Pocket D, so I thought it was a net positive. Smile

I Liked all of the relevant threads I could find on this topic over on the beta forums. (Also, I think I posted a similar feedback thread back in Phase 2...) Let's hope the devs listen!
Exactly! The thing with trolls is that, lets say they don't give a persistent /dance.. Well, people who grief and troll are going to grief and troll, and they will just use something else to do so. Such as jumping up and down on your character or spaming /kneel or something else.

I agree that something like this would be more of a positive addition to the over-all community than something that we would get frusterated over. As soon as phase 4 starts I am going to do a post just like this original one on the suggestion forums and lets really hope they see it. Everyone who posted here or has at least looked at this thread should definitely support the idea if they feel the same.

RE: Last till cancel emotes - Naunet - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 09:58 AM)Felix Sideris Wrote: or spaming /kneel or something else.

Considering blocking someone doesn't block them on the emote channel... yeah. If we're worrying about griefers, our attention would be better spent petitioning Squee to fix it so that blocking works across all channels.

RE: Last till cancel emotes - Felix Sideris - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 02:31 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(08-02-2013, 09:58 AM)Felix Sideris Wrote: or spaming /kneel or something else.

Considering blocking someone doesn't block them on the emote channel... yeah. If we're worrying about griefers, our attention would be better spent petitioning Squee to fix it so that blocking works across all channels.
That is a good point. Maybe I will add that into the suggestion of making another emote list with "hold" in it, to hold the position, or makign them last-till-cancled. Good idea!