Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Gilgamesh versus Balmung (/showthread.php?tid=3433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Judeau - 08-10-2013

(08-09-2013, 10:01 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: Alright. I do have two characters in mind, so I'll just create them on each server and see how things go. Seems like a good idea.

Good plan! 

That's actually what I'm doing because I couldn't decide between the two serversMoogle

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Selsix - 08-10-2013

As a new player going to Gilgamesh, I can safely say both servers have their merits and it really boils down to which fits your needs best.

That said, making one on both was probably the best thing you could have done. Good idea.

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-10-2013

I can say that the biggest drive for me in regards to choosing Gilgamesh, in spite of already having an established 50's character on Balmung, is the opportunity to build a new community, perhaps with more of an easygoing, cowboy mentality. I tend to like "melting pot" servers and the friction they sometimes provide.

Balmung is stable, set in its ways, and is a good place choice for old and new players alike who want an orderly environment with an established community to fit into. I think most of the new players who choose Balmung will like what they find there.

For everybody else, there's Gilgamesh, the overpopulated gold-rush server. Yee-haw! We plan to do a lot of our community recruiting on Gilgamesh by drawing in people who haven't really been exposed to RP. We're not merely welcoming to people new to the scene. We plan to build our community with them.

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Aysun - 08-10-2013

(08-10-2013, 04:51 AM)Yeldir Melfusor Wrote: I can say that the biggest drive for me in regards to choosing Gilgamesh, in spite of already having an established 50's character on Balmung, is the opportunity to build a new community, perhaps with more of an easygoing, cowboy mentality.  I tend to like "melting pot" servers and the friction they sometimes provide.

Balmung is stable, set in its ways, and is a good place choice for old and new players alike who want an orderly environment with an established community to fit into.  I think most of the new players who choose Balmung will like what they find there.

For everybody else, there's Gilgamesh, the overpopulated gold-rush server.  Yee-haw!  We plan to do a lot of our community recruiting on Gilgamesh by drawing in people who haven't really been exposed to RP.  We're not merely welcoming to people new to the scene.  We plan to build our community with them.

There's definitely not much "orderly" about us. XD The only thing stable about Balmung is it's RPer population.

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-10-2013

I wouldn't undersell the stability of Balmung's community. That's how you're getting most of your new recruits.

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Gideon Aryeh - 08-10-2013

(08-10-2013, 12:10 PM)Yeldir Melfusor Wrote: I wouldn't undersell the stability of Balmung's community.  That's how you're getting most of your new recruits.
 I'd agree with this as I've been told by many that this is their reason why they are going there. Its a good solid choice for new roleplayers who come here, and I don't blame them. Fact is Balmung is has been known to be the rp server for some time now, so if you hate rpers you would be an idiot to go there.

*puts on his cowboy hat and rides off into the frontier*

Yah Thunderbow! Yaaahhhh!!!!

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Aysun - 08-10-2013

That's what I mean. We're getting our "recruits" due to the stability of the population, not because we're "set in our ways" or "orderly." We're neither of those things. The new character vastly out number the old these days.

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Hayden - 08-10-2013

(08-10-2013, 03:01 PM)Aysun Wrote: That's what I mean. We're getting our "recruits" due to the stability of the population, not because we're "set in our ways" or "orderly." We're neither of those things. The new character vastly out number the old these days.

I agree with Aysun, it stands to argue that an economy built around stable players who have experience with the game would be an economy  that is tried, tested and true. 

As for set in our ways, that is just silly. I can't even begin to argue with that one. 

Just choose which ever community holds the people most like you. Go where your friends are.

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Fiona Swift - 08-10-2013

Ahh... Gilgamesh v Balmung... my arch nemesis!! We meet again...

*insert random youtube video*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NLrjVnMO7k

PS: Thank you everyone for keeping this GvB thread very mature and professional

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Taeh Niumoenwyn - 08-11-2013

(08-09-2013, 07:14 PM)katattax Wrote: I'm a new player and going to Balmung. /shrug

Ditto, although I did play for about 2 weeks of the 1.0 on Ragnorok.

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - CrimsonMars - 08-11-2013

(08-10-2013, 07:57 PM)Fiona Swift Wrote: Ahh... Gilgamesh v Balmung...   my arch nemesis!!  We meet again...

*insert random youtube video*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NLrjVnMO7k

PS: Thank you everyone for keeping this GvB thread very mature and professional

lol, I haven't seen any of those shows in a minute. Tongue

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - TwilightSea - 08-11-2013

The way the beta forum members are hating legacy players, makes me NOT want to go on a non-legacy server with my legacy when the transfer is available.

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Eckzein - 08-11-2013

Love your tank like a brother, no matter what.

Replace the word tank for the server your not RPing on, hopefully you'll understand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqauJCsIRYs

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - moody - 08-11-2013

[Image: oCrBaOB.jpg]

RE: Gilgamesh versus Balmung - Salty Lake - 08-11-2013

I am probably starting a new character and still going to Balmung for reasons others have noted: established community, larger RP population. 

I did play 1.0 for a few months and go to level 30 on conjurer (one of the classes I plan to level), but I want to reroll so I can get a name that matches lore, and I want the experience of bringing up a character in the new game. 

I also have a few friends I made in 1.0 that are still about.  I played on Besaid (which is now Balmung) and would like to see them.