Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated (/showthread.php?tid=3827)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - AkhutaiAngura - 08-22-2013

(08-22-2013, 09:10 PM)denizenx Wrote: Ugh. I might be able to pull it off though I have a morning shift on Saturday. I am not sure my friend could. I can try to convince them. The servers are going to be up 2am PDT, right? Meaning 4am central??

Assuming they open at the same time P4 did, yes. 4AM central.

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - ArmachiA - 08-23-2013

Most of the problems with the servers being locked down was the 3102 error, honestly. If you noticed, by the end of Beta only two Japanese servers were locked (Japanese servers didn't have the error) and all the NA servers were because 3102 was keeping people logged in. The server gets closed for Character Creation by the number of people playing at the time, not total, so the 3102 Error was throwing off their numbers.

So I don't think it'll be quite as bad as Beta 4.

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - Gideon Aryeh - 08-23-2013

Everyone who played in Open Beta will not be there for early access or launch, just keep that in mind. I seriously recommend getting up early, making your character getting into your server and just going back to sleep if you are able to.

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - Myxie Tryxle - 08-23-2013

Even if you can't get up that early to make a character, try as soon as you can. They're likely to be locked during primetime hours (when everyone is getting home from work/school), but early in the morning and late in the evening, traffic should reduced. As another poster said, they lock if there's too many people playing at the time of log in. If you log on during off-peak hours, you should be able to get in. Make your character in the benchmark/character creator, and you can just pop your character on the server before you head off to work in the morning, and you'll be free to play when you get back during primetime.

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - denizenx - 08-23-2013

I see I got a few more replies. Thanks again for the insight and helpful information. I will be setting my alarm for 3:45 AM. A good 15 minutes before servers are believed to launch Central time. I was thinking that SE would increase the size or at the very least allow characters to be made on popular servers for the initial hours before they start to regulate the flow once more.

While I would rather keep my levels I noticed that the first few levels are quite easy to get.

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-23-2013

I expect you'll get in straight away, den'. Your plan is going to work, as long as you're in the first wave of fresh character slots. Early birds, and all that.

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - denizenx - 08-23-2013

My shift doesn't start till a little later but my friend generally needs to bolt to his job a whole lot sooner than I. We will be ready. I will have my password typed and ready to hit enter when servers are estimated to launch.

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - Niteshade_Rune - 08-23-2013

This is mildly worrysome. I just recalled about the fact I was on a legacy server in 1.0, played there again to get myself a little bit of a start off during Phase 4 last weekend. My gf took interest in the game so i got a ps3 copy pre ordered for her so that while here she could play while i was in on my pc.

But now i'm worried that she may not be able to get in on Balmung so we adventure and explore together @.@

I got stuck being scheduled at work 5hrs from 5am-10am, right when service is due to kick off, plus she doesnt yet have a PSN or Square Enix account lol.

I'll be able to check in here for new during a short break we'll get at work tomorrow morning.

If at all possible if someone can reply back with ne notice of what will or may be happening with Balmung once Early Access kicks off, i'd be quite grateful to u lol.
I don't have anymore time to lurk and find an answer tonight as i need to get to sleep to be back up at 4am Frustrated

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - denizenx - 08-24-2013

...and of course the launch doesn't go as planned and I was unable to create my character on Gilgamesh or Balmung. So now what? My friend and I are out of luck? I sincerely doubt we can make characters later this afternoon. I think SE really dropped the ball on this one. I understand wanting to fill up the low pop servers but their main concern should have been to want friends to play together. Severely disappointed.

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - denizenx - 08-25-2013

Update: I finally managed to get into Balmung somehow. No dice on Gilgamesh. My friend also managed to sneak in. But now everyone is being hit with the 'server full unable to log in' errors. NA/EU worlds just went down again. With the game launching officially in two days do you think they are prepared? I have beta tested and been through the launch of a few MMOs and I know issues are bound to rise up but they should beef up the sizes of their servers. It is obvious that NA/EU servers are really popular yet they have fewer servers than the JP side and the JP side have rarely come across any issues.

I was really hoping they could pull this off without a hitch! Anyone else locked out right now?? Cactuar

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - Korin - 08-25-2013

I logged from Balmung just under an hour ago. I had no issues logging on after maintenance (I just relogged a few times and the server list popped up) and when I logged off so my folks could watch a film, I noticed that the server list had died again.
 I also couldn't create a character on Gilgamesh (still) and I've been trying since launch on that part, so I don't know what's doing on there...

I don't know if they're going to open Gilgamesh any time soon, I'm usually lurking after 10am GMT here which I assume is some horrendous morning hour for you guys - No queues on Balmung but Gilgamesh is still a no-go. :/

Still locked out here too, though. Not that i'm bothering to try to log on right now but I'm keeping an eye out.

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - Vee - 08-25-2013

I would say keep the faith you'll get on one of them eventually. Over Open Beta and now Early Access I hear there are a lot of maintenance issues, different errors people are getting while trying to log in. Some people I know have been able to play for hours, others were able to play for a bit - got kicked and couldn't log back in and others just haven't been able to connect or make characters. 

So keep the hope alive it'll happen, this is just something SE needs to work out and fix. I have faith you'll be able to create your character sooner rather than later (hopefully).

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - denizenx - 08-25-2013

I was leaning towards Gilgamesh originally because it was a brand new server but glad to get on Balmung as both have good RP communities from what I have lurked and read on the forums here. I am just upset that after my tireless efforts of trying to get in Balmung now I can't play the game because there are no queue times. Just an error that boots me back to the main screen each and every time.

Yesterday there were queue times so I am not sure why there wouldn't be now. I wonder if this is SE's way of telling us not to play our characters on that server. Very disheartening that we have to waste time to try and log in at the "right" time rather than enjoying the game without a worry or care in the world. I instinctively flinch when I see an instance taking a little bit of time to load.

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - Korin - 08-25-2013

Are you on the PC too? I'm still only spotting people on the PC client that are getting these loading screen boots and errors and all sorts...

Apparently there are a ton of server issues right now. Fortunately I haven't had those too much since I'm online while most of the NA players are asleep - I hope for your sakes that they're fixed soon, though. It sucks to get home from work and whatnot to load up a new game, especially with MMOs, just to get a LOL ERROR message shunted in your face...

RE: Balmung/Gilgamesh Overpopulated - Jana - 08-25-2013

Error 3102 is back, which is the one that says the character is still logged in, so the servers are going to be full of people who can't log out to make room until yet another maintenance clears them out.