Hydaelyn Role-Players
Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? (/showthread.php?tid=4511)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Uther - 09-15-2013

TTD. Those imps are so tricky.

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Moondoggie - 09-15-2013

(09-15-2013, 06:29 PM)Covikt Wrote: The Ant Boss in Cutter's Cry.... For some reason, I always get eaten during that fight as a healer Sad I think Ants just like lala snacks.

Do you have regen? I always find that skill great for kiting because you can use it while moving so can just spam it on yourself and the party keeping everyone alive and constantly drawing aggro.

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Covikt - 09-15-2013

(09-15-2013, 08:26 PM)Moondoggie Wrote:
(09-15-2013, 06:29 PM)Covikt Wrote: The Ant Boss in Cutter's Cry.... For some reason, I always get eaten during that fight as a healer Sad I think Ants just like lala snacks.

Do you have regen? I always find that skill great for kiting because you can use it while moving so can just spam it on yourself and the party keeping everyone alive and constantly drawing aggro.
Oh I did, but when the tank doesn't want to pull anything from the miniture lala running around screaming with an ant latched to his head, I can't really do much more than that ^^;

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Darkfae - 09-16-2013

Okay, end boss of Amdapor is kicking our butts still, so I nominate him. XD

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Moondoggie - 09-16-2013

(09-15-2013, 08:32 PM)Covikt Wrote:
(09-15-2013, 08:26 PM)Moondoggie Wrote:

Oh I did, but when the tank doesn't want to pull anything from the miniture lala running around screaming with an ant latched to his head, I can't really do much more than that ^^;

Tank shouldn't need to focus on anything but the boss. If tank and both DPS focus on the boss while you run around screaming and healing yourself should be over in a couple of minutes. Pop sprint if you want to get some distance and use the above walkways and run around posts to block them attacking you. Once you get used to it then it's just kind of funny to do that boss.

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Yeldir Melfusor - 09-17-2013

Haven't been in Coil, yet, so I can't speak for that. Have done Titan HM, once, successfully.

He is definitely a big step up from the others, in terms of awareness and footwork. You're seldom allowed to stay still for more than five or seven seconds, and failure to move immediately out of any one of the constant, screen filling attacks usually results in instant death.

The bomb rock patterns that start appearing below 40% or so are particularly tricky, and the movements you have to make to stay alive remind me of Heigan the Unclean, the infamous DDR boss of Naxx from WoW.

I'd say he's pretty well tuned, though. There isn't much RNG, and the gear (DPS, really) check is appropriate for the "Doorkeeper" to Bahamut's coil.

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - LiadansWhisper - 09-17-2013

For reasons purely of my own (such as the fact that I am terrified of heights), Demon Wall is like, my bane.  I am terrified the entire time.

But my favorite boss is the second version of Ultima in Praetorium so far.  Disco Laser Dancing, dodging cleaves/ground effects, and heavy AoE damage.  I find that ridiculously fun.

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Nox - 09-17-2013

Aurum... Vale... Pugs never work out because someone thinks it's "too hard" and quits. I've not gotten around to the level 50 dungeons (waiting on guildies), so I can't comment on them. Pugged Aurum Vale is misery incarnate.

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Moondoggie - 09-17-2013

Aurum Vale is a funny one. Only had one group who bothered to get to the last boss. The first two bosses were not that hard just about knowing what to do and when . The second boss i actually found hilarious because of the amount of running around i had to do when the thing kept chasing me . The last boss i just wish the tank was not allergic to using stun on the bad breath AoE it does because every 5 seconds he was being stacked with debuffs and the DPS had too much trouble downing adds.

Titan HM i'm probably going to hate the normal version was irritating enough with it's zero window to actually dodge anything and having attacks zoom in on me even when i was a mile outside the area. Prefered Garuda it was at least a fair fight. If you die it's because you made a mistake/

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Aleister - 09-19-2013

I can't really say for me since everything is slowly getting easier now as I practice it more and obtain better gear... Though before all that is the last 2 bosses in Praetorium is probably the bosses I found the hardest.. Haven't tried anything higher from Ifrit HM though

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Rhylund - 09-19-2013

(09-19-2013, 04:46 AM)Aleister Wrote: I can't really say for me since everything is slowly getting easier now as I practice it more and obtain better gear... Though before all that.. <Spoiler> is probably the boss I found the hardest.. Haven't tried anything higher from Ifrit HM though

There are spoilers in this text. Can you please edit this? "The <x> boss of <y> dungeon is probably the boss I found the hardest" would be the better way to go about it.

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Moondoggie - 09-19-2013

I have those last two story dungeons coming up. They seem a lovely mess of AoE spam especially The Praetorium. It makes me laugh how they don't really bother to make the bosses tougher half the time they just fill it with loads of AoE's to dodge instead and the boss itself is nothing. AoE's are only a challenge until you know the pattern and then it's just a case of doing the exact same thing over and over and occasionally still being hit from lag >.<.

So first runs i'll probably die on something and get yelled at by the people who farm it several times a day. And also yelled at for wanting to enjoy the cut scenes XD.

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - LiadansWhisper - 09-19-2013

(09-19-2013, 07:02 AM)Moondoggie Wrote: I have those last two story dungeons coming up. They seem a lovely mess of AoE spam especially The Praetorium. It makes me laugh how they don't really bother to make the bosses tougher half the time they just fill it with loads of AoE's to dodge instead and the boss itself is nothing. AoE's are only a challenge until you know the pattern and then it's just a case of doing the exact same thing over and over and occasionally still being hit from lag >.<.

So first runs i'll probably die on something and get yelled at by the people who farm it several times a day. And also yelled at for wanting to enjoy the cut scenes XD.

Castrum and Praetorium aren't meant to be difficult.  They're designed to be such that almost anyone can actually finish their story.

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - SadPandaLulu - 09-19-2013

I have a few, though for different reasons...

Amdapor Keep
Demon Wall - He's not only a DPS check, but an intelligence check.  Nothing says "Memorise this pattern and don't stand in the bad" more than he does; he's so fantastically easy when you know how to do him but people just can't work him out. Particularly bad in PUGs.

Titan (Hard Mode)
Supremely well tuned as a Gear Check across all roles, but his crazy AoE patterns and Square's poor server syncing for AoE make him extremely difficult for some people.  He's the big road block at end game that a lot of people smack their faces against (and I've only gotten him to 15% heh).

Aurum Vale
Because apparently AoEing down adds and clicking fruits at two stacks of a debuff are hard...

Praetorium
Specifically speaking about the second to last boss, the one I like to refer to as the 'real' boss, with the last boss being the 'lol smack it and it dies' boss.  People just can't dodge that much stuff most of the time, I find it funny that dodging straight lines and giant debuffs on the floor are so hard to do!

...That being said, once you have the patterns down on ALL of those bosses, it's actually extremely easy to do them all.  Titan excluded due to lag/sync and gear check issues as he isn't meant to be easy. n_n

RE: Toughest overall dungeon and boss fight? - Moondoggie - 09-19-2013

Aurum Vale seems to depend on the party set up. Had problems with some line ups then i got a PuG with two BLM's in it and we basically face rolled the last boss.

Still have Praetorium to finish tried today but we ran out of time because of the maintenance. Got up to Ultima phase 1. One thing i noticed about this is that people really do refuse to dodge some simple AoE's even after i tried explaining you just have to do the opposite of the first one for the second one and people just stand in the second one and expect to be healed each time. And the boss with the hand adds lol. Never have i felt more motion sickness. Bounced around all over.