Hydaelyn Role-Players
On Community - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: On Community (/showthread.php?tid=5814)

Pages: 1 2

RE: On Community - pas - 12-21-2013

(12-21-2013, 04:49 AM)Xefjord Wrote: Yellow Jackets guard. I would make a whole new character and participate in it if it were to exist. I do not feel I could devote all my time to it sense I play 2 other characters as well. But I am perfectly willing to getting involved in starting one and maintaining one long enough for someone more capable to take the Reins. Just give me the specifics of what I need to do and I will do it.
I only just joined Gilgamesh, but this sounds like a pretty cool idea that I could second. The character I have probably wouldn't be suited to it, though.

Edit: I only just saw that Xefjord made a new post about it—my mistake! Didn't mean to derail the original topic of the thread.

RE: On Community - Ninian Lune'ciel - 12-22-2013

Thanks for the interest, Xefjord and Pas. If it actually is something you guys might be willing to set up, there are a few things to consider. The first being that any sort of rp to this type would require some degree activity out of its members. If you're the sort of person who can wander around looking for rp for long periods of time, it might actually make that style of a play a little easier for you. If you think you can find the dedication to be a part of the start-up, then I think the idea has a good chance of succeeding.

With that said, the first step to establishing a player-run organization that already exists in-game is figuring out just what kind of lore and information exists for it.

The Yellow Jackets are a part of the First Squadron of the Knights of Barracuda, being the Squadron assigned to overseeing Limsa Lominsa and the La Noscea region. While these 'Squadrons' are further split into smaller groups called 'Levies' (Levy singular), it wouldn't be practical to organize Levies until there was a large and active enough following. Any other information would likely come out of speaking to Yellowjacket/Coral Tower/Limsa Lominsa npcs, relevant side-quests and the Marauder Job Quests.

On that note, any information anyone might have on the organization (ranks being a large one) would be incredibly helpful to the cause.

An in-character 'police' force begs controversy and abuse, so it's up to those involved to minimize those kinds of complaints.

-A Yellowjacket's duty is to keep the peace, but there has to be an OOC agreement between all parties. Whether or not a Yellowjacket is in the right to stop a criminal, if the person roleplaying this criminal does not want their roleplay disturbed, they need to be left alone. This is the most important rule of all law-enforcement roleplay.

-The Coral Tower is your headquarters. Make use of it in your spare time, especially when interacting with other Yellowjackets. The idea is to create a space that players will recognize as a home to this type of rp and the location will support it.

-There are tons of roleplayers who are mercenaries or constantly looking for jobs. Offering some type of non-permanent or part-time work in this sort of organization will allow you to gather a following. After making the linkshell and finding out exactly what pieces of armor you need for the outfit (making sure not to simply use similar looking pieces), see if anyone else would be interested, even temporarily.

-These types of organizations, if they do come about and are a large enough force, influence those criminal guilds to form. While that will be the main source of roleplay, it's inconsistent. Supplementing things like training are essential to keep the guild active and interesting, but that's a whole new topic.

More importantly, is anyone interested from this point on?

RE: On Community - Ninian Lune'ciel - 12-31-2013

(12-30-2013, 01:03 PM)Kylin Wrote: As Xenedra stated, there are presently no plans to add additional forum sections for server discussion. This was brought up awhile back during the initial talks over the server debate and it was made clear at the time that the events section was as far as we'd go. In fact, I had actually considered initiating a discussion to do the exact opposite and remove the current Gilgamesh forum sections due to the revelations made post-LS roll call. However, I decided that this kind of discussion may be best saved for a few more months down the road instead, to see if the bigger picture looks different than it presently does.

I hate to double post, but reading this reply in the discussion board reminded me of why I began this thread. So please, is there anyone else who has, if not the drive to join into any sort of long-term communal roleplay, at least a word of input?