Hydaelyn Role-Players
Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] (/showthread.php?tid=6303)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - TheLastCandle - 02-05-2014

Glad to see so much interest in this. Thumbsup

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - NomadSoul - 02-05-2014

I'm extremely interested in this, and I believe my own character ("Darwyn Ulondarr"), a 'refugee' of sorts could bring a lot to the table. An Elezen Wildwood that once worked closely with . . . ah, but let's no spoil it. Looking forward to discussing it more.

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - Crisiet - 02-05-2014

This idea. This idea right here? Yesplz.

I've been wondering how I'd get Crisiet out of hiding to interact with other Ishgardians. This could work very well.

I'll try and be in touch if this goes ahead.

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - Kelzan Rhiad - 02-05-2014

I will be online all night tonight if any of you want to get some things set up and maybe do some RP.

Since I don't know much about the lore yet I would be willing to perhaps link up and fill a necessary role with my character until I can get a better hang of things.

So, let me know if you need any side-characters or are looking for new interactions!

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - Vairemont Malveaux - 02-05-2014

I would have preferred to hand the LS invites out en masse at a meeting, but it will be difficult to organize anything without knowing who's online, and it would be clumsy to expect everyone to see a post in this thread asking for a time (if we can ever agree on one).

So instead I will be handing out LS invites when I meet you personally, and we can meet at some point when a good majority of us are online. I'll have a speech prepared. Wink

Please bear with me though. My schedule is limited and this may not move as quickly as everyone is hoping. To counter this I intend to quickly figure out who among us has the initiative to occasionally take the lead and we can jointly figure out some events for the LS.

Soon I will also be throwing the LS up onto the LS directory, as I've already made it.

(02-05-2014, 07:51 PM)Kelzan Rhiad Wrote: I will be online all night tonight if any of you want to get some things set up and maybe do some RP.

Since I don't know much about the lore yet I would be willing to perhaps link up and fill a necessary role with my character until I can get a better hang of things.

So, let me know if you need any side-characters or are looking for new interactions!

Great! I will contact you ASAP, but I have raid tonight. I'll try to find you afterward. Smile

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - Rosekitten - 02-05-2014

My plan was to be on tonight, but my husband kicked me out of the room for the evening till he gets off work at 1am.... I think I'll be moving my computer to the living room tomorrow. He's more or less booted me off the computer all day today D;

though I suppose is anyone is up around 1am est I might be on then if I don't just go straight to sleep. .__.; but seeing as i did see your post there...

my normal game times are around 6pm till whenever I decide to log off in EST times. My day goes to the little one to make sure she's not getting into trouble Tongue

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - Swashbuckler - 02-05-2014

I am all for this. I am usually on almost every night. I will be raiding a bit also, but should be available afterwards.

I'll keep an eye for all of you guys when I get on my Ishgardian.

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - KitKat - 02-05-2014

I've been toying with the idea of making an elezen character. Are new characters welcome to join this group? If so, I'm interested.

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - Vairemont Malveaux - 02-06-2014

Sure, TheCurls. You wouldn't be the only one. Smile

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - TheWizard - 02-06-2014

Yeah, my Ishgardian is only like lvl 20. But i won't let that stop me.

(02-05-2014, 03:45 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: ....eeeeeee....this sounds like an AWESOME IDEA!  :3

I gotta ask, though...considering there will likely be a LOT of Dragoons in assembly, do you think they'd need some bodyguards?

Some bodyguards with a huge axe?

:3
Totally missed this post.

Vairemont will need all the help he can get. So far he's weeding out Ishgardians by doing investigations on familiar names and going on the word of others, so finding allies to the cause would need a different strategy.

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - Roen - 02-06-2014

I. LOVE. THIS. IDEA!

Although... my ex-Ishgardian character, Raelisanne, is secretly loyal to Garlemald now, she certainly would listen to anyone who may inform her that her former nation has sent out assassins after deserters.  She has her own agenda in Eorzea of course, but assassins would definitely throw a wrench into those carefully laid out plans.  She can't have that.

I would like to join this LS please!  Being that she now serves the Empire though... I could probably throw in some conflict into this mix.  Big Grin

I'll seek you out next time I am on.  I'd be happy to give you some background if your character is going to seek her out.  You can also likely find me as Roen or Raelisanne.

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - Rosekitten - 02-06-2014

I hope I can get on sometime tonight (before 1am... gah) my other half works from home and he's recently decided that he doesn't want me in the same room while he's working. So I may be moving my desktop into the living room. My poor laptop cant run this game without risk of exploding. ^^;

Also I may have someone else that you need to add to your look out for list.. though having any information on her character would be hard to come by. Still in the process of asking her if she wants to be included int his :3

Just going to compile this list here. I've only been able to find a handful of you in-game! Some of these names haven't posted in this thread but are people I've contacted privately or knew in-game.

Bold = Added to Linkshell
Italic = Not yet added, special case

Salvius Dunois (Rosekitten)
Raelisanne Lastname (Brynn)
Steel Wolf
Byron Mercer (TheWizard)
Kelzan Rhiad
Crisiet Liautroix
Yvelont Navarre (TheLastCandle)
Erisande Marchand
Kiht Jakkya (Knight Kat) (Have met in game, but not formally added yet!)
Darwyn Ulondarr (Nomad Soul)
Cerise Valois (Lament)
Xydane Vale (Approached in-game, not formally added yet but plans have been made.)
Oniyuri Tsukashima (Ami)
Character Name? (Cedric)
Alouette Somnus

For the most part, Vairemont has sought out names he knew during his service in Ishgard (for example, Rhiad was a fellow veteran he knew from the front line, and Liautroix's name became prominent when he, a fellow Knight, was marked for treason and sentenced to execution). Exceptions include Alouette, a co-worker of Vairemont's in a trading company, formerly an Ishgardian peasant, and Erisande, an ally of Yvelont's.

Since not all of these names are fellow knights, they leave Vairemont with very few means of having heard about them, let alone getting in contact with them. That doesn't mean you can't be added! It just means we'll have to do some pre-planning. Feel free to post here with how you'd like to imagine your character gets involved with the Ishgardian expatriates, or send me a PM.

If your schedule is limited (I know mine is, I'm usually on between 4pm and 9pm CST [with the exception of an open schedule on Tues and Wed]), we can decide ahead of time how our characters came to meet and I can send you an Linkshell invite without having to set aside time for the intial RP dialogue. It could even (sort of) arrive in the mail with a letter if he has reason to trust the recipient, or if said recipient owes him some kind of life debt.

RE: Calling All Ishgardians! [Balmung] - Eva - 02-06-2014

I'm kind of intrigued by this idea as well.  I'm hesitant to RP any sort of direct tie with Ishgard, however what is known is that Eva's father was a captain of an order of knighthood there, a skilled dragoon (whom I would say fell short of being legendary for the fact that he was not at all charismatic), and left very shortly after she was born.  She spent her first 7 years of her life growing up in Coerthas before moving to Gridania with her father where their story continued.  The historical ties are there, but I'm not sure that would be precedent enough for her to take up a linkpearl like this.

Someone who served back then, or the children of such might recognize the surname 'Zelorius' though, now that she is using it once again.  I'd certainly be willing to discuss it further and I'm intrigued by the notion of an IC linkpearl.

Her father - the knight - would be about 60-65 years old today if he was still alive (I have his actual nameday and year jotted down somewhere) and Eva is 34 (but time-skipped at Carteneau so was actually born 39ish years ago).