Hydaelyn Role-Players
Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] (/showthread.php?tid=7094)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Medipack - 05-14-2014

“Wait watch out for tha—“

K’lhyri watched in horror as the battledrake bit down on K’yohko’s shoulder, shuddering as a drop of blood splattered across her cheek. She made an attempt to help, pulling out her cesti. To her relief, the other miqote seemed to have been able to fight the drake off.

Though, upon seeing the bloody wound on hisshoulder, a familiar sinking feeling in her gut tells her that this was all her fault for attracting more danger to these two miqote, a testimony of her utter lack of experience. The young miqote quickly went to
K’yohko’s side, rummaging through her waist bags for some field dressing.

“Oh Azeyma...ah’m truly sorry!” The youngmiqote apologized, as she frantically fumbled with the poultices and disinfectants she had on hand. “Lemme see that wound.” She insisted, trying to see how deep that wound was. She’s seen enough bites from the Ul’dah coliseum’s pit beasts to know such things needed the most immediate attention; she’s seen a number of aspiring fighters lose a dear limb to infection or worse…

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Nauta Lyehga - 05-14-2014

K'yohko looked back towards his brother, who was laying upon the ground, soaked in blood. A cold chill ran down his spine. Was he alive? The drake was dead, he could see that plainly as day but, was K'hai? although his injured arm screamed with pain, Yohko kept his mouth shut firmly. The beast would derive no pleasure from hearing his pain. It would stay silent, like it always had.

As the bothersome girl skittered up to try and attend to his arm and touched his hand, K'yohko recoiled almost violently. He pulled his arm back so quickly it was as if it had been bit down on again. His burning eyes looked mercilessly at the girl and he snarled faintly at her.

"Do I look like I'm dying? If you've got medical supplies, help my brother!" K'yohko snapped towards her before he turned and trekked towards K'hai. Ignoring his own bleeding arm and the burns, he knelt down besides K'hai and looked him over. "... K'hai?"

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Kailia - 05-14-2014

K'hai looked at K'yohko with a smile, "Don't worry, Azeyma hasn't taken me yet..."

Though he smiled, he was in quite a bit of pain. But even before the war, he never showed pain. He simply laid there for a moment, trying to adjust to the pain.

He looked at the new girl, though he was too busy with his drake, he had noticed her. He also knew she was very clumsy.

"If she's a healer... I hope she heals better than she controls a chocobo..." he said, giving a stupid grin. The blood from his arm and chest still tricked out.

He looked back at K'yohko, "Do me a favor... collect the skull of my kill for me... I will keep it as a trophy..."

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Medipack - 05-15-2014

K'lyrhi recoiled a little as K'yohko snapped at her, her ears folding back. it was evident that she was still in a bit of panic over what had transpired.

"Sorry! Ah'll get right to it!" She says, before quickly following over to his brother. Judging from the amount of bleeding she could tell the wound was deep...though the fact that he was still conscious and in the mood to joke around was a good sign.

"I ain't much a healer, but don' you worry a thing about that." she says, giving a weak smile,  "If there's anything I know more than a thing or two abou', it's treating injuries." she says, setting aside her medical supplies.

"Gonna need ta' take off what's left of that shirt of yours" she says, as she readied some cloth to apply pressure to the wound. She passed some bandages over to K'yohko "Ser, can 'ye deal with 'is arm while I deal with that chest wound? douse the bandages in some of that sap after the bleeding's stopped." she instructed, handing a bottle over to him.

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Nauta Lyehga - 05-15-2014

K'yohko did not return the smile. His lips remained affixed in a thin seemingly permanent scowl. Even in a grim situation, K'hai could keep the mood light. Yohko envied such a power to remain so upbeat. To speak words that brought light and life back to the dark miasma. Whenever K'yohko tried to draw up such words, they stuck on his tongue and there was only silence. Yohko lowered his eyes and looked away from K'hai at the request.

"No need. We bring them back with us to provide food for the tribe." He muttered, his eyes being drawn to the girl as she made her way to them as well. The way she spoke grated on his already frayed nerves. He had never heard such an accent, and it made him want to rip out her neck. Every strange word was more difficult to understand than the next, and he winced almost visibly when she spoke; everytime, she spoke.

Yohko looked somewhat bewildered, although it only showed in his eyes as she shoved bandages towards him. He glanced at his bleeding arm and how parts of it seemed to be completely chewed through and realized when his adrenaline faded it was going to feel like it was being ripped off constantly. And yet she asked him to do... something about sap? Yohko held the bandages only because they were thrust at him and he would not have them be wasted in the sand and snarled at the girl again. He moved his injured arm in a way that showed it was nonfunctioning.

"Does it look like I can use this arm right now?" He snapped, his anger easily besting the usually calm Nunh now. "Speak normally or don't speak to me. I can't even understand you." Yohko snapped further before shoving the bandages roughly back at her and turning his back. He stormed angrily across the sand towards his Courel, whom had begun to pile up the drake bodies. It was custom that the Courel carry them back and she had long since been trained to collect the bodies of her kills in one spot.

In truth, K'yohko was completely useless when it came to bandaging. His hands were strong from fighting, but clumsy when he did something unpracticed. To be asked to tend to a wound was to ask him to humiliate himself doing something he was completely unfamiliar with, and his pride had been injured enough that day. Instead, he set about kneeling over the bodies of the dead Amal'jaa and picking off anything useful or valuable looking so that he could pack it in the saddle bag on his Courel.

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Kailia - 05-15-2014

K'hai smiled at the girl, "This is no shirt. It is a harness." he reached up and unfastened the buckles and the harness was off.

Upon her saying she isn't much of a healer, K'hai paled, "You are no healer but you would patch my wounds? I think I'd rather just be taken to the tribe shaman..." he said, a bit of nervousness in his tone.

But then seeing K'yohko's behavior towards the girl, he knew he was troubled. Someone now needed to take charge of this situation. He looked to K'yohko, "Yohko. You should go get... help from the camp..."

He looked to the girl, "Don't try to heal me lass... just stabilized the wound."

He was unsure when he came, if he'd return to the camp. Seems Azeyma decreed he should, and thus he will.

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Medipack - 05-15-2014

K'lhyri looked embarrassed upon being scolded for her speech. As well as her thoughtlessness of asking an injured man to help with patching the wounded. She slowly set the bandages back down on the ground.

"Ah'--" she coughs, taking a deep breath, "I'm sorry..." she apologizes, enunciating her words to keep from slipping back. After spending so many years among the various ruffians in Ul'dah, it's hard not to pick up some of their bad habits...

"What I meant was, I'm no pit chirurgeon, but I can at least stop the bleeding." she says, turning back to K'hai. She started applying pressure on the chest wound with a cotton cloth first to stem the bleeding. Working at a steady pace she proceeded to coat the bandages with sap and applied them over the wound. Wrapping them around the man's chest, helping them up in the process. The dressing wasn't exactly healer level, but it should be enough.

Her ears perked up at the mention of 'Yohko', the miqote looked up from what she was doing. Did she hear right? Upon closing inspection the man's face seemed a bit familiar. Even if he seemed...much more aged than she had thought.

"Ah--I don't think he should go back alone. Not with that arm." K'lhyri advised, her speech halting, evidently struggling to make herself clear. Though her tone was still fairly insistent.

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Nauta Lyehga - 05-16-2014

K'yohko knew that one did not need to be a healer to do a simple patch job. Just because he couldn't do it, that didn't mean the girl couldn't. No matter how her intrusion had wounded him physically, he would have little choice but the trust her temporarily. Even if she was a coward. And even if he should have been one.

The Nunh stashed a few things into the saddle bags off the Amal'jaa, namely strapping down their weapons along the back and looked back to K'hai. Did he remember that K'yohko from a young age when K'yohko had attempted such things as a Tia? Yohko remembered the humiliation, and though he would be glad if others did not, he was certainly not going to explain it now.

"You need to be bandaged before you are moved. She can at least put a bandage on." K'yohko retorted somewhat coldly. He turned back to the drakes and frowned. Without two hands, strapping them on a courel would be difficult. But the girl had a chocobo around... Well if she was to be useless he would make a use out of her.

K'yohko moved back to K'hai and the girl as she attempted to explain something and instead made it all the more confusing. What was even a 'pit chirugeon'? Was that a thing that existed? The Nunh watched quietly as she applied the bandages and sap. Looking at her now, she seemed oddly familiar. It was strange she should have the same hair color as he did, very few had the same color as his hair...

A thought passed through his mind, but he pushed it away.

"Nonsense. But I would go back to the drakes so they don't attract more attention than needed. Their corpses will draw others. Girl, when K'hai is stable help me load them. And then find your chocobo and help me bring him back to camp." He demanded coolly. His voice seemed to return to its usual stoic tone that demanded respect and commanded authority.

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Kailia - 05-16-2014

K'yohko's words, his tone of voice. Finally the calm, cool, rational Nuhn was back. K'hai smiled relaxing as the bandage was placed over his chest, and the sap was applied. It was rather cool to the touch, but he remained perfectly still.

He lifted his good hand up to K'yohko, "Looks like I am home, and it is good to see you again brother. It must of been Azeyma's will that you and I ran into each other."

He would return to camp. And he would see the elders. He was certain they would hear of where he'd been, and of the sickness that had afflicted him. But then he looked into K'yohko's eyes, "Load my weapon in too. It has seen me through much."

He looked to the girl, "I don't know who you are. But when we get back to camp, it is best you keep quiet and do as K'yohko says. He is Nuhn, and you are an outsider. Do you understand?"

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Medipack - 05-16-2014

K'lhyri stared back at K'hai almost like a hiparrion under torch light. The girl almost dropped her supplies in surprise; there was that name again!

"You just said K'yohko, yes? Ah din--I didn't mishear?" she asked, anxiousness reflected in her voice. She was sure of it, she had thought herself mistaken the first time that name was mentioned. But now they've all but confirmed it.

She had to take a moment to collect herself, leaning back to sit on the sand "Oh Azeyma...I didn't know. I am so sorry, Unca'"

She slowly turned towards K'yohko, her ears drooped down in shame, her voice hesitant. "...Father." she barely manages to squeak out.

She had almost gotten her father and uncle killed. That wrenching feeling in her gut from earlier felt practically unbearable now. She quickly got to her feet, glancing down on the ground to hide her eyes.

"Ah'll...I'll go and help with the loading." she says nervously, quickly heading towards the drakes before letting K'yohko get a good look at her.

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Nauta Lyehga - 05-18-2014

Azeyma’s will was a strange and cruel thing of late. K’yohko’s gaze turned upwards at the sky, his eyes narrowing in distaste. He had questioned Azeyma’s will many times, but never so had he questioned it like he did in the past years. His eyes faintly turned back towards K’hai and the girl as they spoke. It went without saying K’hai’s weapon would be loaded. It was one of the first things K’yohko had loaded to begin with, and now it sat packed away towards the back of the pack on his Courel.

It seemed interesting to K’yohko that K’hai would demand respect on his behalf. So little seemed to still respect him. Yohko looked away again, his eyes drawn to the kills. The injured nunh stepped forward to grasp the heavy tail of a beast and pull on it roughly. Damn beasts were heavy. All of that thick hide and muscle. But the meat these drakes had was better than the wild ones. It was better fed, and the meat would keep the tribe fed, even with its newcomers, for at least two days.

Something seemed rather strange however. It was strange that K’ile would return with a stranger and K’luha this day that he also met K’hai. And to hear the girl call K’hai ‘Unca’ brought back a bitter memory for a time before the sky fell upon them. And now, he was called Father? K’yohko did not look at the girl immediately. Instead, he remained stiffly grasping the drake’s tail. How could it be that he met another lost tribe member? How were they all returning to this place? And how could they think to leave this place if their kin was returning to it finally?

K’yohko stiffly looked up at K’lhyri. She shared his hair color, and only one of his daughters had shared his distinct color of hair. But now that he looked at her, she seemed so old. The girl he remembered was so young when the Calamity hit. His mind conjured images of the small cub as he looked back when they left for Carteneu. But K’yohko found himself too stunned to say anything. Instead he motioned stiffly to the drake’s neck so that she might aid him by lifting up the other end and helping him toss it on the courel’s back.

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Kailia - 05-18-2014

K'hai was stunned to be called unca. Now that he was able to get a good look at her, she looked to be an older version of the cub K'lhyri. How did she get separated from the tribe?

There was little he could do, but lay where he was, certain that any movement on his part would cause the bandage to fall off. His attention shifted with K'lhyri got up and moved to help her father. He looked over to where she had sat and spotted the bandage and picked it up. His chest was stabilized. But his arm was another matter that he himself could manage.

Lifting his wounded arm, he placed one end of the bandage on it then began wrapping it. He could hear the drakes being dragged along the sand. It would not be long now before they collect him and head back to the camp.

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Medipack - 05-18-2014

K'lhyri quickly went over to the drake carcass, lifting it up by the neck. She paused a bit, glancing down the length of the beast and then at K'yohko's injury. She quickly moves herself under the thing's torso so she could support most of the weight.

"'ere, ah..." she clears her throat a bit, making sure she didn't talk like some alley thug again,  "I have it. You shouldn't be straining yourself any further." She had to shift her footing in the sand, but the young miqote managed to keep the drake lifted enough to drape it across the coeurl, taking most of her burden herself.

"I'm sorry for your arm...if I had not distracted you, you wouldn't be this injured..."

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Nauta Lyehga - 05-19-2014

K'yohko couldn't looked back to K'lhyri, but continued to support the back half of the beast stubbornly to heave it up top. He didn't respond to her comment either, instead moving to stubbornly grab the next drake and start loading it himself. He continued with or without her help, throwing all three drakes atop his courel before he set to securing them on.

His eyes stole a glance towards K'hai and he grunted at the other male.

"Can you find your chocobo? Or should we secure K'hai to the courel as well? I think he could possibly fit on top..." K'yohko grumbled. There had to be a way to get K'hai home without him walking. Or maybe he could walk. That would be good.

RE: Isolation [ Hipparon Tribe ] - Kailia - 05-19-2014

Finishing wrapping his arm up, he looked over the bandage on his chest. With the support of his harness, it could well hold it in place. Then he heard K'yohko mention tying him onto the coeurl as well.

"If I must walk back, I will. Just get me something to use as a walking stick." he called back.