Hydaelyn Role-Players
SCOB - T7 Advice? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: SCOB - T7 Advice? (/showthread.php?tid=7642)

Pages: 1 2

RE: SCOB - T7 Advice? - synaesthetic - 07-23-2014

(07-21-2014, 09:45 AM)ExKage Wrote: Haha >practice

>Anxiety joining any PUG or raid group

Raiding is so double-sided for me :( I love it and yet I'm always under lots of anxiety with people I don't know as well as I do like say I do with friends.

I've got 2 weeks before I can actually have the soldiery needed for the Weathered Laevateinn  but er...

I don't think I'll be trying hunts for awhile @_@;

The difference is if you join up with an actual raid LS, you won't have to worry about the things you would in a PF. Like idiots, impatient idiots, incompetent idiots, lazy idiots, people who can't complete a sentence without a homophobic or misogynist slur and people who blame everything they do poorly on other people.

Since my sub fell off I lost a few of the people I had gathered for Radiant. Right now it's pretty much just me, a PLD and a SCH. We're still trying to find people, and while we are progression-minded, c'mon, I run an FC that's entirely dedicated to making sure its members feel comfortable and at ease.

RE: SCOB - T7 Advice? - allgivenover - 07-23-2014

Turn 7 is the static breaker. It's actually harder than t8 in mine and many other's opinion.

So much can go wrong and far too much of it is dependent on RNG. There's sometimes morale problems because the mechanics make it very obvious who screwed up and it only takes one or two angry individuals playing the blame game to really heighten the tension and cause further issues.

Worse yet, if your group performs too well in DPS you can cause a wipe due to skipping Cursed Voice casts or pushing the Renaud(s) to wake up and beat everyone to death (it's always the healers that die first in that situation).

As for line of sighting shriek, always remember that latency can be a factor, move early. Even at the cost of a little DPS because if you get petrified and end up shrieked next cycle, or you're facing the main tank/DPS none of that damage is going to matter anyway.

I must say though that the anxiety thing has to be tackled first. I can tell you now that the ones who yell and scream and play the blame game will destroy PUGs and statics - and they certainly don't end up clearing the content themselves. These people are toxic and will only make your problem worse, don't put up with them for the hopes of a clear at the cost of your own happiness.

You're going to wipe a LOT learning these fights, and in fact it's mandatory to learn how to do it. In full PUGs there's often one or two assholes that rage and really build the tension, so I really recommend trying to put together or join a static group of people who understand that you have to wipe to win.

RE: SCOB - T7 Advice? - Kage - 07-23-2014

Thanks for the input.

I'm currently at a time in my life where I can't commit to anything now because I'm working with getting counseling and stuff. not sure how my schedule is affected etc...