Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Lunch in Limsa Lominsa [Open] [OOC Welcome] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A Lunch in Limsa Lominsa [Open] [OOC Welcome] (/showthread.php?tid=8821)

Pages: 1 2

RE: A Lunch in Limsa Lominsa [Open] [OOC Welcome] - Adrian - 11-04-2014

Franz's greeting, "Salut Mlle" took her off-guard. She stared at him, smile still in place but eyes trying to read where he learned such manners. Anyone who addressed her as mademoiselle made her uncertain. Were they doing so to be polite, or to mock her? Having met the mercenary but twice before, she doubted it was the latter. His face was too kind and genial to be trying to laugh at her heritage. "You certainly seemed out of place perusing the Ossuary's shelves. The gossip those thaumaturges can muster." There's a soft titter, Reinette clearly disapproving of the way her peers talked behind strangers' backs. "Regardless, I am very grateful you enjoy the books. Please do stop by or ask if you need any more recommendations."

Sigurd, sweet as ever, set her heart fluttering with his simple greeting. She sat beside him, and immediately sought his hand to hold onto. "Ah, food would do me well. And you, I imagine. Have you eaten since supper last eve?" the lady scolded. As if she were one to talk. The pair of them often became too lost in their own minds to think of foods, and often scrambled for something when their stomachs began to protest.

Which was soon to come for Reinette. The clam chowder bowls looked delicious and hearty, and she had no qualms against fish herself. The one who ordered them, Jancis, made her smile as always with such a warm welcome. "Swimming and voidsent as topics at the dinner table? I dare say we have mixed manners." She accepted a bowl with word of thanks, smiling at the others. By the look on Jancis' face, the duskwight decided to go with prior topic. Despite her own interest in voidsent.

"I did not learn to swim until my later summers. There are large bodies of water in the caverns, our family did not find it befitting to dredge into them. Then, when I was permitted to the surface, I had to beg my cousins to let me go swimming with them in the small lakes. It is a very peculiar sensation one must adjust to," she admitted with a shy smile to Sigurd. "And with L'aenoh and his unyielding amount of pranks, I can understand a certain amount of wariness."

RE: A Lunch in Limsa Lominsa [Open] [OOC Welcome] - Jancis - 11-12-2014

"Is truly a foreign land to be thrown into, literally, Master Sigurd." Jancis agreed with Reinette. 

L'aenoh had a habit of doing rash things with seemingly good intentions, at least how the conjurer viewed it. It was a bolt and first instinct kind of mentality. Hopefully at the rate he was going it wouldn't make him lose anymore body parts.

"There are rivers in the Twelveswood that are quite fierce in their current I learned to swim in. It different than the ocean in appearance, but the strength is still there underneath the white foam. Demands conformity at first, then after that is as if the water trusts. Forgive me, I do find water fairly fascinating."

Jancis was gabbing until she realized what Sigurd had said before. He did not want fish. Pulling the bowl she prepared for him away back towards herself, she stared awkwardly at the studious man. A light smile came to her face, murmuring an apology before she tried to distract from her blunder and hopefully rectify her assumption.

"What else would go well with supper?"

RE: A Lunch in Limsa Lominsa [Open] [OOC Welcome] - OttoVann - 11-12-2014

(Im sorry I dont know what to say! Forum RP is 3hard ._. )