Hydaelyn Role-Players
Pen-pal project - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Pen-pal project (/showthread.php?tid=9280)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Pen-pal project - Kinono - 12-14-2014

Definitely still interested.

Kinono Kino, non-anonymous, any frequency! I'd be frequent probably!

RE: Pen-pal project - Elysia - 12-14-2014

Wonderful initiative. I've always enjoyed the epistolary form Big Grin 

My two characters might love to do it. Avis Inkwood and the lalafell Momochito Moto (I haven't  developed her much yet, so this could be a good time for  to get to know her too.)

RE: Pen-pal project - Deverell Jinx - 12-14-2014

I could join. ^_^ Jinx would be the sort to find a lost letter and reply to it if the contents were interesting enough. :3 Frequency doesn't matter. He would probably play at being anonymous, especially if the person who wrote the letter he found was anonymous, but there would have to be some kind of identification on both parts in order to send the messages back and forth. Hmmmm... Sounds fun. :3

RE: Pen-pal project - Melody - 12-14-2014

I would also love to join in!
Melody wouldn't feel a need to be anonymous, and frequency doesn't matter to me.

Can't wait to see this happen!

Heart

RE: Pen-pal project - MikoBehnen - 12-14-2014

(12-14-2014, 06:35 PM)Deverell Jinx Wrote: I could join. ^_^ Jinx would be the sort to find a lost letter and reply to it if the contents were interesting enough. :3 Frequency doesn't matter. He would probably play at being anonymous, especially if the person who wrote the letter he found was anonymous, but there would have to be some kind of identification on both parts in order to send the messages back and forth. Hmmmm... Sounds fun. :3

Oh god... now I can just imagine Miko trying to come up with new names to sign everything with to stay anonymous. They'd end up being like "Definitely Not Someone You Know" or "Banana"

RE: Pen-pal project - Gabineaux - 12-15-2014

I'd like to be part of this. My character would like to remain anonymous.

RE: Pen-pal project - Melodia - 12-15-2014

Yesh please! Smile And no need for anonymity. Mel's friends are few and far between so any new ones would be awesome.

RE: Pen-pal project - Brendt - 12-15-2014

I'd love to get in on this as well on a few of my characters.  x3

Brendt Fowkes (anon or not, doesn't matter), Ludutena Torotena (anon), Nathaniel Graves (Same boat as Brendt.)   Big Grin

RE: Pen-pal project - V'aleera - 12-15-2014

This sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to participate with V'aleera.

RE: Pen-pal project - Ja'ren A'lenthin - 12-15-2014

Still interested! Ja'ren has been writing a lot lately so this would be fun, and neither frequency nor anon matter. Just wanna meet new faces, possibly, err handwriting(?), heh. \o

RE: Pen-pal project - Gegenji - 12-15-2014

I was curious what this was all about...

Chachan is ALL about friends, so he'd be more than happy to make more. Hopefully his pen-pal wouldn't mind overly much that his writing is rather... childish-looking. Or that their name is spelled wrong if they decide not to remain anonymous - though I can also see him writing the letter to Nanny Mass if they are.

I tend to get bored easily in my downtime, so replies could be quite frequent depending.

RE: Pen-pal project - Emma - 12-15-2014

This sounds amazing, I am all for it!

My character is Emma Reed, and as far as remaining Anon, she probably just have them know her first name.

Man this sounds great, looking forward to it!

RE: Pen-pal project - Maril - 12-15-2014

Very happy to see people are still interested. I'm going to start working on matching people up - I figure that I will make a list and slap it up here, and then people can figure things out between them. 
As for the anonymous ones, and how exactly that would work.. I was thinking that they could go through a courier service of a sort where people have asked to have a paypal and then the courier would simply bring letters back and forth consistently between two random people (Off-screen of course). I wouldn't mind hooking said service up to my Kindred, if people desired it for the sake of being more specific. 

I'll be updating the OP with the list, and please continue to sign up if you want in.

RE: Pen-pal project - Gegenji - 12-15-2014

(12-15-2014, 02:45 PM)Sastra Wrote: As for the anonymous ones, and how exactly that would work.. I was thinking that they could go through a courier service of a sort where people have asked to have a paypal and then the courier would simply bring letters back and forth consistently between two random people (Off-screen of course). I wouldn't mind hooking said service up to my Kindred, if people desired it for the sake of being more specific.

If I'm not mistaken, someone made a character in-game specifically to deal with sending letters anonymously IC. There's a thread for it somewhere around here, I could probably hunt it down if needed. Either way, that's an option if any of this migrates to in-game.

Of course, since it's being done in PMs at the moment, it should be easy enough to just sign it "An Anonymous Pen-Pal" or something at the end.

RE: Pen-pal project - Jariana - 12-15-2014

*raises hand*

If you could add Jariana there as well I would appreciate it. Thank you!