Hydaelyn Role-Players
How to: Cats? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: How to: Cats? (/showthread.php?tid=9386)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: How to stop a cat from darting out of a door when leaving/entering? - Tiergan - 12-23-2014

1) Spray bottle.
2) Lots of practice letting your cat get near the door and then pushing him away with a meaningful ">:C NOH." (I kind of just gently push him back with my foot)
3) Repetition.
4) Giving your cat a meaningful death glare + "NOH! >:C" when he even kind of sort of looks at the door in a way that implies "I'ma dart outta that shit yeaaaa!"
5) Giving your cat meaningful death glare + "NOH! >:C" pushing-him-back from door as you prepare to use door.

Unsure if this will help your cat as cats have super different personalities, but it works for mine. (Sometimes :V)

RE: How to stop a cat from darting out of a door when leaving/entering? - MikoBehnen - 12-23-2014

My parent's fat cat likes to do that too. I became very good at gently pushing him away with my foot or various other things while sneaking out of the slightly cracked door. He thinks it's a game now so I'm not sure if I picked the right route to go with him.

(12-23-2014, 02:12 PM)Gegenji Wrote: As for myself, my apartment complex ALLOWS for pets, but I keep flip-flopping on if I should get one. I'm the only one living in the apartment, and I work a 9-5. I just feel like I wouldn't be giving the little guy or girl the love and attention they need.

Do it! And then post pictures. Cats do fine on their own during the day. (or you could get a ferret! You should get a ferret.)

RE: How to stop a cat from darting out of a door when leaving/entering? - Faye - 12-23-2014

I know the struggle.

Just gotta open the door as little as possible and squeeze through, and be prepared to block the doorway with your body and kicks like a goalie in a cat soccer game.

RE: How to stop a cat from darting out of a door when leaving/entering? - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 04:16 PM)MikoBehnen Wrote: My parent's fat cat likes to do that too. I became very good at gently pushing him away with my foot or various other things while sneaking out of the slightly cracked door. He thinks it's a game now so I'm not sure if I picked the right route to go with him.

(12-23-2014, 02:12 PM)Gegenji Wrote: As for myself, my apartment complex ALLOWS for pets, but I keep flip-flopping on if I should get one. I'm the only one living in the apartment, and I work a 9-5. I just feel like I wouldn't be giving the little guy or girl the love and attention they need.

Do it! And then post pictures. Cats do fine on their own during the day. (or you could get a ferret! You should get a ferret.)

I wish I could get a ferret....

They are illegal to have as pets in this state.

RE: How to stop a cat from darting out of a door when leaving/entering? - Aldotsk - 12-23-2014

Step 1:
Install automated Water Sprayer System onto the door.

Step 2: 
Install sensor to the exit. So that it can sense that the cat is approaching the door.

Step 3: 
Set it up so that the waters will spray automatically at the cat every time it approaches to the door so it will go back to the living room while being scared by the terrible water spray.

RE: How to stop a cat from darting out of a door when leaving/entering? - Kage - 12-23-2014

Ferrets are stinky.

I should know.

A friend of mine nursed a ferret for bit (illegally lols) but it stank. SO MUCH STANK.

Anyways.
Arturius was given a few handmade presents from my reddit secret santa.

[Image: 0w2MFtV.jpg]

it's so hard to be mad when he tries. I just get heartbroken when he did make it out u.u

RE: How to stop a cat from darting out of a door when leaving/entering? - Faye - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 04:24 PM)Kage Wrote: Ferrets are stinky.

I should know.

A friend of mine nursed a ferret for bit (illegally lols) but it stank. SO MUCH STANK.

Anyways.
Arturius was given a few handmade presents from my reddit secret santa.

[Image: 0w2MFtV.jpg]

it's so hard to be mad when he tries. I just get heartbroken when he did make it out u.u

Ferrets actually stink less if you get them spayed/neutered at the right age!

RE: How to stop a cat from darting out of a door when leaving/entering? - McBeefâ„¢ - 12-23-2014

That little shit of a catte.

Kage I think I'm going to just wrap him up in the sheets like a burrito every morning. Hopefully I can get out the door before he gets out.

RE: How to stop a cat from darting out of a door when leaving/entering? - Kage - 12-23-2014

I'm getting a spray bottle.

And/or/both tossing him in the room before I leave.

RE: How to stop a cat from darting out of a door when leaving/entering? - McBeefâ„¢ - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 04:31 PM)Kage Wrote: I'm getting a spray bottle.

Let's do this

[Image: oweUfkb.jpg]

Sheets are free.

Pfffft.

He always squirms out of them ;c

Even the leash.

Also, I need to go to an atm anyway. >.>

RE: How to stop a cat from darting out of a door when leaving/entering? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 12-23-2014

I use a spritzer to keep my cat from running out. It worked well enough even on other behavior issues (chewing on chords and clawing the carpeting when there was a perfectly fine scratching post AND board right next to him >.> )
Also because other people are posting cat pics....
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA KITTY
[Image: 4e1fecdf-40f8-4f8a-87be-3823fb899e70_zpsa5c0f26a.jpg]

Actually it should be called a purrito.

heh.

RE: How to stop a cat from darting out of a door when leaving/entering? - Tiergan - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 04:32 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(12-23-2014, 04:31 PM)Kage Wrote: I'm getting a spray bottle.

Let's do this

[Image: oweUfkb.jpg]

Sheets are free.

Oh my god. Cat burritos.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Also. Yeah funnily enough he doesn't claw up anything I've seen (furniture, doors). He hasn't chewed up my chords.

Someone's glasses on the other hand *cough*

but yeah. Water spray bottle. getting one. I hope it works D: