Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Not that fresh off the boat and brandishing an axe. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Not that fresh off the boat and brandishing an axe. (/showthread.php?tid=9417)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Not that fresh off the boat and brandishing an axe. - Kurt S. - 12-26-2014

(12-26-2014, 02:07 AM)Nako Wrote:
(12-26-2014, 01:28 AM)Rockbato Wrote:
(12-26-2014, 01:14 AM)Nako Wrote:
(12-25-2014, 11:31 PM)Rockbato Wrote:
(12-25-2014, 02:24 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Hey, it's a good start.  You have a couple of rudimentary ideas in mind and you're forming the ball of clay into a statue.  Keep it up!  <3

Thanks for the feedback. About that offer for tall muscular, roegafyne lady hugs though...these are bear hugs or something akin to it?
Be prepared to be smothered.

To echo the sentiments here, its a good jumping off point. And dont worry too much about the lack of concrete background. About 80-75% of my interaction with people about Nako's past has beenimprov on the spot Wink I've been dubbed the BS King by some friends due to this Wink

Have fun and if you ever want to turn your hand to magic, give me a poke Big Grin

Thaumaturgy magic? The kind that makes things go boom and gives unlimited mana?
Half right.

The Aether (mana) used for casting thaumaturgy comes from within. You essentially tap into your own life force to make things go boom. So yes, it makes things go boom, but you are limited by how much personal aether you have.

Now this seems a smidge more complicated than what I'm used to. Which is spam fire III, transpose, pop lightning II, spam Blizzard II, transpose, fire III, repeat until everything is dead. So I'm kind of killing myself while I'm trying to kill everything else?

Oh wait, I can make things go boom if I have the aether to do it in the first place. But there ways to increase it right, even if one did not have ample aetherial thingy? *cough*#justcocobusithings*cough*

RE: Not that fresh off the boat and brandishing an axe. - Aduu Avagnar - 12-26-2014

I have rp'd I  the pastt that there is, but then again, its not very safe, and can have hazardous results if unsuccessful.

Also, I view the draining yourself of aether as a limiting factor. You can only do so much before you need rest to allow yourself to recover.

I do admit that it'll be interesting to try those concepts out. Kurt's got a shitty amount of MP, I think I'll use his MP as a MRD as a gauge of his overall capacity of Aether. If he'll ever attempt to be a thaumaturge.

RE: Not that fresh off the boat and brandishing an axe. - Adeya - 12-26-2014

(12-25-2014, 11:29 PM)Rockbato Wrote:
(12-25-2014, 03:48 PM)Adeya Wrote: Like Steel said, definitely not a bad start. It gives you a decent idea of what his motivation might be, and leaves you plenty of room to add details later if/when you want to.

Anyway, my character Adeya is an arcanist who lives in Limsa. Feel free to say hi if you ever need some help or want to RP.

Where in Lominsa though? I appreciate the offer, Adeya.
IC some small apartment filled with too many books and drawings of weird runes. OOC I'm still saving up to buy a house. *Shrug*

Besides, I was thinking more along the lines of meeting up in the Drowning Wench or running into each other somewhere out in La Noscea.

(12-26-2014, 07:30 AM)Adeya Wrote:
(12-25-2014, 11:29 PM)Rockbato Wrote:
(12-25-2014, 03:48 PM)Adeya Wrote: Like Steel said, definitely not a bad start. It gives you a decent idea of what his motivation might be, and leaves you plenty of room to add details later if/when you want to.

Anyway, my character Adeya is an arcanist who lives in Limsa. Feel free to say hi if you ever need some help or want to RP.

Where in Lominsa though? I appreciate the offer, Adeya.
IC some small apartment filled with too many books and drawings of weird runes. OOC I'm still saving up to buy a house. *Shrug*

Besides, I was thinking more along the lines of meeting up in the Drowning Wench or  running into each other somewhere out in La Noscea.

So I just stay in the Drowning Wench and hope for the best then. As much as I am a veteran player of the waiting game, around what times can Kurt expect to run into her?

(12-26-2014, 07:35 AM)Rockbato Wrote: So I just stay in the Drowning Wench and hope for the best then. As much as I am a veteran player of the waiting game, around what times can Kurt expect to run into her?
Well, you could, but that seems kinda boring. Using search, then sending a /tell when you see someone on, tends to work just as well and results in much less standing and waiting Smile.

I usually get on around 9 pm EST. What about you?

(12-26-2014, 08:05 AM)Adeya Wrote:
(12-26-2014, 07:35 AM)Rockbato Wrote: So I just stay in the Drowning Wench and hope for the best then. As much as I am a veteran player of the waiting game, around what times can Kurt expect to run into her?
Well, you could, but that seems kinda boring. Using search, then sending a /tell when you see someone on, tends to work just as well and results in much less standing and waiting Smile.

I guess I can get on at that time too. Thing is I'm on the other side of the planet on a GMT+8 timezone, but yeah I can stay up just to make it happen XD. I'm usually on most of the day since it's holiday breaks and all, but after that I'm probably gonna be on like 2 am EST up until like 1 pm EST or so.

(12-26-2014, 08:15 AM)Rockbato Wrote:

I guess I can get on at that time too. Thing is I'm on the other side of the planet on a GMT+8 timezone, but yeah I can stay up just to make it happen XD. I'm usually on most of the day since it's holiday breaks and all, but after that I'm probably gonna be on like 2 am EST up until like 1 pm EST or so.
Stupid timezones, always messing things up. Tongue

Don't stay up. 2 am isn't too bad for me, and I don't mind being up a bit later anyway.

(12-26-2014, 08:39 AM)Adeya Wrote:
(12-26-2014, 08:15 AM)Rockbato Wrote:

Stupid timezones, always messing things up. Tongue

Don't stay up. 2 am isn't too bad for me, and I don't mind being up a bit later anyway.

Well we can always meet halfway. In any case, I'll just go try to level some DoL and DoH jobs.

(12-26-2014, 08:54 AM)Rockbato Wrote: Well we can always meet halfway. In any case, I'll just go try to level some DoL and DoH jobs.
True. Well I'll try to catch you later then.

RE: Not that fresh off the boat and brandishing an axe. - Elysia - 12-26-2014

(12-26-2014, 08:15 AM)Kurt S. Wrote:

So I nosed around in this thread and then I saw THIS

You're the first person I've seen on this forum in the same timezone as me.

This is precious. We should RP. Big Grin

(12-26-2014, 12:43 PM)Elysia Wrote:
(12-26-2014, 08:15 AM)Kurt S. Wrote:

So I nosed around in this thread and then I saw THIS

You're the first person I've seen on this forum in the same timezone as me.

This is precious. We should RP. Big Grin

Like right now before I pass out on the keys. I am online right now. Big Grin

RE: Not that fresh off the boat and brandishing an axe. - Steel Wolf - 12-26-2014

Hopefully this will find you conscious. XD

If you ever feel like you need more Roe in your life (and yes, Roelady hugs are like bear hugs with breasts), I'm generally around at about 7pm EST until late....especially on my days off, Fridays and Saturdays.

Hope you're having fun and hope to see you in-game! :D

(12-26-2014, 01:24 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Hopefully this will find you conscious. XD

If you ever feel like you need more Roe in your life (and yes, Roelady hugs are like bear hugs with breasts), I'm generally around at about 7pm EST until late....especially on my days off, Fridays and Saturdays.

Hope you're having fun and hope to see you in-game! Big Grin

I am conscious, never underestimate the Steel. True, outside of NPCs Kurt rarely sees Roegadyns in his time since becoming an adventurer and graduated from extremely wet behind the ears to wet behind the ears. 

I am having fun but think I'll have a more (if not different kind of fun) once I get to sink my teeth into this whole Role playing business. I guess Kurt'll sit around in the Drowning Wench a little while longer while I figure out how to make them Wiki pages, adding images to it... List goes on. My newness to all this is almost mirrored by Kurt's own newness to adventuring.

RE: Not that fresh off the boat and brandishing an axe. - Spethah - 12-27-2014

Gentle Sun would love to meet Kurt an perhaps pass on many techniques as well if his bad common can be tolerated. He's not entirely well versed still on common, but his strength as a true warrior and his kind heart makes up for it. You may catch him in Limsa from time to time, otherwise you can message me on Gentle Sun or on my main Ira Lyon when you can! 

OOC wise I'm an EU player, however I tend to RP until the late hours on any given day. Example would be that it's 4am my time right now and I'm still RPing.