Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung, Why Do You Elude Me? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Balmung, Why Do You Elude Me? (/showthread.php?tid=9984)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Balmung, Why Do You Elude Me? - Kestrael - 02-06-2015

I would suggest making both just so you have an alt already in place on Blamung (if you are able to do so when the servers come back up). That is what I am doing. I get bored easily and like to play around on other races so its nice to have them already waiting instead of having to do another maintenance vigil.

RE: Balmung, Why Do You Elude Me? - Kinono - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 02:04 AM)Advent_Soul Wrote: My apologies, I should have worded that better.

Whelp, ruined any chance of ever using this site again.  You will never hear from me again on this site and again I am sorry.

jk ilu bby let's not fite NEmore lets stay 2gether for the kids sake pls bby pls

RE: Balmung, Why Do You Elude Me? - Vanyris - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 01:59 AM)Cylin Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 01:56 AM)Kinono Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 01:53 AM)Advent_Soul Wrote: I do plan to stick around till servers are back up.  Also I must ask, is the Miqo'te population really that high?  I knew there'd be quite a few but if there isn't enough diversity I could choose another race.

I usually enjoy playing elves so if there aren't a ton of them or the human looking race then I can go that route.

There's plenty of diversity depending on where you go, so if your heart's set on miqo'te, don't worry about it at all. Miqo'te is the most popular race, and it is noticeable, but it's not at the point where anyone is gonna groan and go "ugh, another miqo'te" or anything.

On the other hand, I don't think there are nearly enough elezen at all...

Yeah, I've honestly seen far more Roegadyn than I have Elezen which honestly surprised me. I have one that I wish to RP, but he's low priority right now as if I add another character to my leveling rotation I'm going to go insane.
Out of curiousity, what are the most popular races? I'd guess it goes uh, Miqo > Lala > Hyur > Roe > Elezen?

RE: Balmung, Why Do You Elude Me? - Enla - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 03:40 AM)Vanyris Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 01:53 AM)Advent_Soul Wrote: I do plan to stick around till servers are back up.  Also I must ask, is the Miqo'te population really that high?  I knew there'd be quite a few but if there isn't enough diversity I could choose another race.

I usually enjoy playing elves so if there aren't a ton of them or the human looking race then I can go that route.

There's plenty of diversity depending on where you go, so if your heart's set on miqo'te, don't worry about it at all. Miqo'te is the most popular race, and it is noticeable, but it's not at the point where anyone is gonna groan and go "ugh, another miqo'te" or anything.

Yeah, I've honestly seen far more Roegadyn than I have Elezen which honestly surprised me. I have one that I wish to RP, but he's low priority right now as if I add another character to my leveling rotation I'm going to go insane.
Out of curiousity, what are the most popular races? I'd guess it goes uh, Miqo > Lala > Hyur > Roe > Elezen?
I'd switch Lala and Hyur, as there is a pretty vocal subset of players who dislike Lala's on principle and would never play one. However that's just what I've noticed while playing on Balmung, I couldn't say if it's the same on other servers as I was too busy leveling on Gilgamesh to pay attention. It also depends entirely on gender in some cases. For example I can remember coming across more female Roe's than male.

Balmung is currently up and open currently if you are still awake.

RE: Balmung, Why Do You Elude Me? - Vanyris - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 03:45 AM)Cylin Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 03:40 AM)Vanyris Wrote:

I'd switch Lala and Hyur, as there is a pretty vocal subset of players who dislike Lala's on principle and would never play one. However that's just what I've noticed while playing on Balmung, I couldn't say if it's the same on other servers as I was too busy leveling on Gilgamesh to pay attention. It also depends entirely on gender in some cases. For example I can remember coming across more female Roe's than male.
I have noticed quite a few Roe gals, yeah, though probably because the dudes are a bit on the goofy looking side. Lotta Miqo dudes, too. 

Finally got into the server and rolled a Hyur. Looking forward to seeing this for myself!

I just made the cutest Lala. *squees*