Hydaelyn Role-Players
Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Thoughts on the Au Ra? (/showthread.php?tid=9359)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Tiergan - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 03:38 AM)Nero Wrote: The good news is that some people will be happy that they finally have a reason to change their name to Eddie Lizzard.

brb going to make placeholder character.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Eve Malusion - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 04:48 AM)Tiergan Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 03:38 AM)Nero Wrote: The good news is that some people will be happy that they finally have a reason to change their name to Eddie Lizzard.

Tried that back when we first saw Yugiri's tail, its taken. Sad

Completely unrelated to anything so far in this thread, but that might be a good thing at this stage! How do they hear? My theory right now is tiny holes at the side of the head like a lizard, that will no doubt be hidden by hairstyles much like where hyur ears would be on miqo'te. But tiny side holes are also not very aesthetically pleasing for the look they go for! [sub]Except on the wedding hairstyle, I could see the forbidden zone. It was horrifying I tell you.[/sub]

Really I just want to question other details like that if people can think of any! Do you think they have long lizardlike tongues? Probably not! But they might sneak it in on one clan much like they snuck fangs in on keepers of the moon!

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Steel Wolf - 12-24-2014

Well considering their facial structure, it's hard to think they have any really feral teeth or long tongues.

...but then, anime.

As far as hearing, small holes like most lizards have seems to be the prevalent and most likely thing, considering their horns are all up on the sides of their heads.

After thinking about it for a bit, I had a series of ideas pop into my head that I think make some degree of sense, and decided that it would probably be better to make a dedicated thread for lore / biology speculation, so I'm gonna go do that, rather than bring it up in this thread which is more to discuss opinion on the race.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Yhen Yizeh - 12-24-2014

They are au raght with me Cool

Nevermind it was cleared out. It's mine now, though. He shall be my transvestite male Au Ra.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Nero - 12-24-2014

And then you can coerce one of your Miqo'te friends to become David Meowie. With your powers combined, your guyliner will be unstoppable.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Gegenji - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 01:35 PM)Nero Wrote:

And then you can coerce one of your Miqo'te friends to become David Meowie. With your powers combined, your guyliner will be unstoppable.

I was gonna say an Elezen Archer named David Bowyer, but that works too.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Steel Wolf - 12-24-2014

...could I make a Roegadyn male and name him Biggee Stardust? Big Grin

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Zyrusticae - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 02:44 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: [...]
The truth? We only have like 2 major servers for RP, and 1-2 minor servers that is growing with RP. And the rest of the servers and players don't RP and they look at cuteness over how creatures should look realistic. That's the sad truth. Some people will just come up and say "I play ugly characters and I am damn fine" but most of the others don't. They want to be materialistic, and beautiful in a game - and that's just the harsh truth.

Don't like Au Ra? Then sure. Feel free to rant about it. But don't expect other people to just be accepting your opinions, because in community and in life, people will always agree or disagree.
I already pointed out that a more bestial version of the Au Ra does NOT have to be 'ugly', unless for some reason you find anything that's not fully human 'ugly' (in which case I would have to say something is broken inside of you, but I doubt that's the case. You DO like dogs and cats, right? RIGHT?).

Hell, I think if Miqo'te had full-body fur they'd STILL be the second-most popular race in the game.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Gegenji - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 01:48 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: ...could I make a Roegadyn male and name him Biggee Stardust? Big Grin

I feel a plan coming together here, and I am pleased. Also Biggee should be a BLM for the relic weapon.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Aldotsk - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 02:24 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote: I already pointed out that a more bestial version of the Au Ra does NOT have to be 'ugly', unless for some reason you find anything that's not fully human 'ugly' (in which case I would have to say something is broken inside of you, but I doubt that's the case. You DO like dogs and cats, right? RIGHT?).

Hell, I think if Miqo'te had full-body fur they'd STILL be the second-most popular race in the game.

Debatable. But again, I like playing attractive characters. Dogs and Cats? Not my thing really. But I will say that Miqo'te female are pretty cute all aside from their tails and ears. I'd totally tap them. Nice butts and curves just like Midlander female. FemRoes are pretty damn hot too with their curvy hair and their chest as well as Elezens despite their long necks.

I still find Au Ra to be cute like Miqo'tes do. But would I create it and fantasize it? Maaaybe.

Well not caring so much about dogs or cats should be considered as "broken inside of me".

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 02:24 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote:
(12-24-2014, 02:44 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: [...]
The truth? We only have like 2 major servers for RP, and 1-2 minor servers that is growing with RP. And the rest of the servers and players don't RP and they look at cuteness over how creatures should look realistic. That's the sad truth. Some people will just come up and say "I play ugly characters and I am damn fine" but most of the others don't. They want to be materialistic, and beautiful in a game - and that's just the harsh truth.

Don't like Au Ra? Then sure. Feel free to rant about it. But don't expect other people to just be accepting your opinions, because in community and in life, people will always agree or disagree.
I already pointed out that a more bestial version of the Au Ra does NOT have to be 'ugly', unless for some reason you find anything that's not fully human 'ugly' (in which case I would have to say something is broken inside of you, but I doubt that's the case. You DO like dogs and cats, right? RIGHT?).

I'm pretty sure if anyone said they were romantically involved with a cat or a dog because they found their pet sexually attractive, there would be a lot of turned faces. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder though...let's not call other people broken for that, ok?

We've already had our daily dose of ridiculous drama for no reason.

--

As far as the Au-Ra go, I'll make my decisions about them when we can actually play them. Why are we judging something so much when it hasn't even been released outside of a couple clips here and there?

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Aldotsk - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 02:39 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:  Why are we judging something so much when it hasn't even been released outside of a couple clips here and there?

I was talking with Iex for couple of posts regarding why Au Ra looked like that and why I felt that I couldn't judge a 30 second clip when it only showed one style for each gender.

But yes, I was very shallow minded by 30 second clip of Ninja/Rogue gameplay before 2.4 and I was on the verge of not playing it because it looked "lame" after like one or two skill demonstration. 

Which is why I took my grain of salt and wait for the race/class to actually come out and see it for myself Smile . Though I think it does look nice since the lizard people reminds me of Tera races like Aman x Castanic fused.

RE: Thoughts on the Au Ra? - Zyrusticae - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 02:34 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: Debatable. But again, I like playing attractive characters. Dogs and Cats? Not my thing really. But I will say that Miqo'te female are pretty cute all aside from their tails and ears. I'd totally tap them. Nice butts and curves just like Midlander female. FemRoes are pretty damn hot too with their curvy hair and their chest as well as Elezens despite their long necks.

I still find Au Ra to be cute like Miqo'tes do. But would I create it and fantasize it? Maaaybe.

Well not caring so much about dogs or cats should be considered as "broken inside of me".
(12-24-2014, 02:39 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: I'm pretty sure if anyone said they were romantically involved with a cat or a dog because they found their pet sexually attractive, there would be a lot of turned faces. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder though...let's not call other people broken for that, ok?

We've already had our daily dose of ridiculous drama for no reason.
Okay. What the fuck? That's not... that's not RELEVANT. Both of you are basically assuming the character has to be sexually attractive (or is everyone playing Lalafell a deviant?), and moreover the latter example with bestiality is so far out of left field I can't even...

I mean...

Gods, I don't even know how to continue this conversation anymore. This is just too much for me. Too much! Dazed