Hydaelyn Role-Players
Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) (/showthread.php?tid=10920)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Coatleque - 04-02-2015

(04-02-2015, 09:26 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: Missed by the targeted quotation was that a force that size couldn't get to the location before the loyalists peaced out.

I will agree with you there entirely.
The purpose of the quote was not to say the gathering would escape, but that such a force has already been assembled without the bat of an eye.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Chris Ganale - 04-02-2015

Never stated that they wouldn't rise that size of a force.

And the Blades have already increased their presence by about a hundredfold in the city, and that has made people uneasy with all appearances being of an out-and-out takeover. FCs and adventurers see the Goblet as their place, the place they can go in this fucked up world to have a sense of safety and security. And suddenly a couple hundred Brass Blades in full battle rattle come stomping through?

Would the entire Goblet rise up in revolt? That's idealistic thinking on my part. But would they be allowed to pass unmolested? That is, as they say in the game, aurochs shite.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Kage - 04-02-2015

The Goblet is still not -the adventurers' land- to do with as they please. They might be able to protest but if the Brass Blades are able to be there doing their legitimate business, the adventurers can't stop them by force or else they'd most likely forfeit their right to own land. They'd cast suspicions unto themselves. Hell, if they acted out they might be charged with assaulting Brass Blades on official business.

Ul'dahn citizens would... probably not give one fuck if adventurers were cast out (seizure of property). After all, the citizens were -banned- from purchasing the plots so that adventurers could live there.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Jana - 04-02-2015

I think something people may be missing is that the location is an Immortal Flames barracks, even if it has to be located in The Goblet for OOC reasons. Whether or not it's located there ICly is something that's up to Kale.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Aduu Avagnar - 04-02-2015

Quote:Nanasha Barracks in the Goblet 
It is most definately in the Goblet, as per the OP.

And Chris,
Anyone that tried to obstruct the Blades, as Kage has pointed out, would likely suffer legal repurcusions. Nako is a royalist, and a Flame, but would he interfere with a Blade on legal business? hell no, because he knows to pick his battles. As I think most adventurers would be smart enough to do.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Chris Ganale - 04-02-2015

I suppose that's why I already know that Ganale's going to wind up on a wanted poster.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Seriphyn - 04-02-2015

There are plenty of other threads for discussing current state of Ul'dahn affairs right now, I'd like for this thread to be focused on the event!

For the purposes of the event, the Goblet is considered "Immortal Flames turf", only insofar as the fact that they patrol there. It will be presumed that repercussions from the Brass Blades would be highly unlikely as a consequence.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Coatleque - 04-03-2015

Wasn't... wasn't Kale a Monetarist? Or at least that's the impression Crofte had of him from their political debates in the past.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Melkire - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 02:20 PM)Coatleque Wrote: Wasn't... wasn't Kale a Monetarist? Or at least that's the impression Crofte had of him from their political debates in the past.

Osric had the same impression, though they've never met face-to-face and only ever chatted over a linkshell.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Seriphyn - 04-03-2015

For a interim of a few months! Was a Flame since the release of 2.0 otherwise, and within the character history as far back as the reformation of the Grand Companies 5-6 years ago. Prior to that, a mercenary footsoldier in one of the old orders that constituted the main Ul'dahn army. Going on around twenty years as an Ul'dahn soldier, and for that reason he probably should be a far higher rank than he already is. But that's impractical for RP purposes.

In any case, as far as his interactions with NPCs go, his veterancy is considered to transcend factional disputes. He is desired as a fiercely diligent and potent pawn by both sides.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - mongi291 - 04-07-2015

Uugh if only I could be there. Damn timezones. Just... pretend there's an hooded Au Ra ex-Paladin man at the meeting.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Erik Mynhier - 04-08-2015

I will try and make it Kale, but I may get snatched by the med-center due to low staffing. I'm going to try though.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Aldotsk - 04-09-2015

I couldn't make it due to IRL concerns. I hope someone will keep me informed about this or if there is another meeting in the future, please let me know.

Edit: Apparently I can't read. I read the calendar as today for some reason. I might try to show up, but no guarantees for 11th.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Makyn Loneseeker - 04-10-2015

Will be showing up, yes yes.

RE: Urgent convening of Royalist military (2.55 spoiler warning) - Ruran - 04-11-2015

As the Nanasha barracks' official handyman, I will be there to make sure all you crazy Royalists don't break all the stuff! D:<