Hydaelyn Role-Players
What is your guilty pleasure? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What is your guilty pleasure? (/showthread.php?tid=11360)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Cato - 04-29-2015

Role-play and forum posting.

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Fox - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 03:26 AM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: Role-play and forum posting.

Lol... I don't know why I didn't think this would have gotten posted at some point. ;D

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Dogberry - 04-29-2015

(04-28-2015, 08:04 PM)Cogito Wrote:
(04-28-2015, 08:03 PM)Dogberry Wrote: I LARP as well! Spent some years doing Full Contact stuff in Darkon. Mostly do Dystopia Rising now, but I'm looking for some fantasy stuff because... hey. I have all this viking gear, you know? Might as well use it.
Did you ever see that documentary about Darkon?

Yes, I have. I have a lot of friends in it. No, I'm not in it. The documentary was shot before I joined, and I ended up joining a nation that refused to sign the release forms and filed for copyrights on all of their stuff in order to avoid being in the film. All in all, I'd say it was a smart move. I don't think the documentary was bad per se, but much of what happened there was done for the benefit of the cameras. It isn't so much a documentary as an improvised amateur drama with larpers for actors. Danny's (A.K.A. "Cardboard") scenes make me cringe. I feel they exploited him unfairly. He certainly should have known better than to bare himself on camera like that, but the filmmakers recorded several days worth of footage for each subject. It's clear they used footage that fit the way they wanted to portray the "characters". I think Danny and Beckie got it the worst. I think they tried to portray Beckie as an escapist who resented her lot in life, but that really is far from the truth. I saw the documentary before I joined, because to an outsider it really does make the actual game look fun, even if the game is full of kooks. And don't get me wrong, Darkon has its share of kooks, but when I see the documentary now, I don't concentrate on how fun the game looks anymore, I see the attempts to portray a lot of people I've come to know and regard as good friends as a freak show.

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Meena - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 04:14 AM)Dogberry Wrote:
(04-28-2015, 08:04 PM)Cogito Wrote:
(04-28-2015, 08:03 PM)Dogberry Wrote: I LARP as well! Spent some years doing Full Contact stuff in Darkon. Mostly do Dystopia Rising now, but I'm looking for some fantasy stuff because... hey. I have all this viking gear, you know? Might as well use it.
Did you ever see that documentary about Darkon?

Yes, I have. I have a lot of friends in it. No, I'm not in it. The documentary was shot before I joined, and I ended up joining a nation that refused to sign the release forms and filed for copyrights on all of their stuff in order to avoid being in the film. All in all, I'd say it was a smart move. I don't think the documentary was bad per se, but much of what happened there was done for the benefit of the cameras. It isn't so much a documentary as an improvised amateur drama with larpers for actors. Danny's (A.K.A. "Cardboard") scenes make me cringe. I feel they exploited him unfairly. He certainly should have known better than to bare himself on camera like that, but the filmmakers recorded several days worth of footage for each subject. It's clear they used footage that fit the way they wanted to portray the "characters". I think Danny and Beckie got it the worst. I think they tried to portray Beckie as an escapist who resented her lot in life, but that really is far from the truth. I saw the documentary before I joined, because to an outsider it really does make the actual game look fun, even if the game is full of kooks. And don't get me wrong, Darkon has its share of kooks, but when I see the documentary now, I don't concentrate on how fun the game looks anymore, I see the attempts to portray a lot of people I've come to know and regard as good friends as a freak show.
That is exactly what happened over here. A documentary was made by a show called 20/20 and they made the people with this hobby out to be weirdos.

http://tvnz.co.nz/20-20-news/20-having-larp-3047776/video?vid=3056114

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - ProvaDiServo - 04-29-2015

Freestyling and Battle rapping.

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Bopdoot - 04-29-2015

Velveeta nacho dip.  I just... :'D

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Merai the Vixen - 04-29-2015

Make Up.

I'm a bigger girl, and for me, make up is never the "wrong size" or looks "unflattering". 

I love colour, I love applying it, and I love applying it to others. (I work with it a lot).

I have a TON and sometimes... Sometimes I just can't help but buy something new even though I seriously don't need it.

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Titor - 04-29-2015

Dressing Titor up in silly/funny outfits and listening to the head-muse whine in protest.

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Arcian - 04-29-2015

Viking metal and watching terrible movies just so I can sigh dreamily over Jodie Foster.

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Zhavi - 04-29-2015

Ke$ha.

Essential oils and makeup after that, not in the use of them, but in how much I spend on them. The essential oils I can get around because I use them to make my own body oil/butter things, but I still sometimes feel bad for dat cost.

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Cato - 04-29-2015

Also: coffee.

I reserve it as a treat but I find it incredibly relaxing to just visit a cafe with a friend, sit back, chat and sip coffee over the course of an hour or so.

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - TheLastCandle - 04-29-2015

I don't feel guilty about any of my pleasures when it comes to hobbies, music, books and so on.

I guess bullet hell shooters. None of my friends understand the adrenaline pumping pleasure derived from maneuvering a hitbox through a screen full of glowing deadly balls whilst blasting away at endless waves of enemies.

Or, currently, there's this. Oh, damn, this.

[Image: blog_519309_2533630_1410299441.jpg]

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Aris - 04-29-2015

Musicals. Tongue

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Gegenji - 04-29-2015

"Talking" to animals (i.e. whistling at bird, meowing at cats, etc.). Blush
Sometimes I laugh a little to myself when a dog stops barking because of it. I like to think I said something confusing in Dog and he's trying to figure out what I meant. Laugh

I, uh, also enjoy Touhou music. And some of the character concepts.

RE: What is your guilty pleasure? - Kage - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 01:55 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: Or, currently, there's this. Oh, damn, this.

[Image: blog_519309_2533630_1410299441.jpg]
I don't like the taste of Chick-fil-A's chicken but that... sounds really really good. D:

And also bad for my diet.