Hydaelyn Role-Players
Au Ra Customization: Horns and Faces - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Au Ra Customization: Horns and Faces (/showthread.php?tid=11389)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Au Ra Customization: Horns and Faces - Flickering Ember - 05-01-2015

(04-30-2015, 06:04 PM)Aysun Wrote: I said it on tumblr, and I'll say it here:

Sure, but if they decide to not link horns to face type then they’ll have to make Miqo'te markings not linked to face type as well. Won’t happen.

Look at the character creator as a whole and you’ll see that each race has things that parallel the others in what you can change and what you can’t. They’d have to revamp the entire creator if they wanted to change this one thing.

People seem to forget we have the same problem with Miqo'te. No, it's not the ears that are linked to the face, but the markings we get. :/ There's no mixing there either.

Au Ra face scale patterns (not adjustable in features) are also tied to faces so I figure they would be the parallel to miqo'te markings.

RE: Au Ra Customization: Horns and Faces - Zhavi - 05-01-2015

the horns are just so big and noticeable.

I notice faces most about characters. Faces and hairstyles. The horns are more prominent than hairstyles, to me. It's why I don't really get why they're facelocked, though given all of what everyone has said, I'm sure there's some practical reason.

Not a deal breaker, just another one of those things that makes me go, 'awwwww Sad '

RE: Au Ra Customization: Horns and Faces - Cailean Lockwood - 05-01-2015

(05-01-2015, 01:06 PM)Zhavi Wrote: the horns are just so big and noticeable.

I notice faces most about characters.  Faces and hairstyles. The horns are more prominent than hairstyles, to me.  It's why I don't really get why they're facelocked, though given all of what everyone has said, I'm sure there's some practical reason.

Not a deal breaker, just another one of those things that makes me go, 'awwwww Sad '

Yeah, exactly how I feel as well.

RE: Au Ra Customization: Horns and Faces - X'havir Vahl - 05-02-2015

(05-01-2015, 09:58 AM)Hyrist Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 09:51 PM)X Wrote:  And remember the Au Ra get the lingal rings and ring colours. That's an added layer the other races flat out do not get.
This is incorrect.

The category the Lingal rings fall into is "Colorable Static Addition" In which the following races get:

Hyur, Lalfell, Miqote Seeker, Roe, Elezen Duskwight: Tattoos
Miqo'te Keeper, Elezen Wildwood: Ear Clips

Au Ra get neither of these - they get Lingal rings instead. Horn rings or ends are a static addition listed under what would otherwise be "Facial Features" Category for other races.

The only cases in which some races get 'more depth' than others is those who get muscles slides do not get to select 'Muscle Shape' in the same manner that Tails and ears get shape options.
I honestly forgot all about tattoos probably because the choices are such crap for them to begin with. You get way more choice with the face paint and all the races get those.

RE: Au Ra Customization: Horns and Faces - Meena - 05-02-2015

(05-01-2015, 10:04 AM)Flickering Ember Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 06:04 PM)Aysun Wrote: I said it on tumblr, and I'll say it here:

Sure, but if they decide to not link horns to face type then they’ll have to make Miqo'te markings not linked to face type as well. Won’t happen.

Look at the character creator as a whole and you’ll see that each race has things that parallel the others in what you can change and what you can’t. They’d have to revamp the entire creator if they wanted to change this one thing.

People seem to forget we have the same problem with Miqo'te. No, it's not the ears that are linked to the face, but the markings we get. :/ There's no mixing there either.

Au Ra face scale patterns (not adjustable in features) are also tied to faces so I figure they would be the parallel to miqo'te markings.
Thier scales are the equivalent of 'scars' or the beauty marks that certain races get. :3

I really still dont see why people are getting their knickers in such a twist.

RE: Au Ra Customization: Horns and Faces - Naunet - 05-02-2015

(05-02-2015, 08:21 PM)Meena Wrote: I really still dont see why people are getting their knickers in such a twist.

Nobody is "getting their knickers in a twist", but people are understandably disappointed at the restriction regarding the horns.