Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your excuse for Ishgard? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Your excuse for Ishgard? (/showthread.php?tid=11550)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Aya - 05-11-2015

Aya is from Ishgard.  I do not think she will return there willingly - if she does return it will be in a mad flight to find out if her family is alright following the Dravanian attack.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Harmonixer - 05-11-2015

Dunno about my future character, but Yhur will likely be revisiting.

There will always be dead people, and it's part of his quirk to follow where death travels.

He has business there anyway.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Mercurias - 05-11-2015

M'sato will go and explore for the sake of exploration in his free time as well as any work-related excuse he can find. He has a love of seeing new places and doing new things.

Solomon might visit Ishgard, his old homeland, once or twice. He hasn't been back past Coerthas since he left when he was fifteen.

Soren is also from Ishgard and resents the entire place. He washed his hands of it, took a new name, and gets work flying airships going places that are not Ishgard as often as he can. He never wants to go back. Naturally, this means he's going to be the character of mine who spends the most time there, because I love torturing my characters.

Garrett will likely go there to kick every puppy he can find in the name of a brighter Garlean Imperial Future™.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Steel Wolf - 05-11-2015

"Why'm I headin' to Ishgard? Follow the gil, friend. Y'damn right there's money t'be made there, especially now that they're tits-deep in angry lizard.

I've actually hedged all m'bets on it--burnt nearly all of my coin on this 'ere Magitek axe. Guy at th'Ironworks assures me it'll cleave intae dragonhide faster than an Ul'dah Monetarist speaks dodo shite...and I can't think of a better lot to fleece of as much coin as possible as those zealot morons of th'Holy See."

*she spits*

"Holy bleedin' See...didn't see any'a that comin' down on yer fool heads, did ya?

...'course it's not all about coin. I'm sure there's a fair lot of folks who've been ground under some 'knightly' heel an' are likely now seein' things crash around them on account of th'Dravanians. So they'll likely need what aid I can offer as well....

But mostly it's about gil."

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Gegenji - 05-11-2015

(05-10-2015, 08:33 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Right now I've got no intentions on moving Warren to Ishgard. Doesn't make sense, but we'll see.

Chachan's in basically the same camp. OOCly I'll be all up ons to see the new areas and keep up with the MSQ and whatnot, but IC he's probably staying around the current areas unless for some reason the Domans are forced to migrate over to Ishgard too.

He'll probably still go do trips there or something if there's an event taking place there, though. A field trip or something.

Judge just goes where he is needed. However, going to Ishgard proper is... less feasible. Due to his history. It wouldn't do to open old wounds unnecessarily.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-11-2015

If they've accepted one Garlean....

And uh, to break some bad news to a family living there.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Aduu Avagnar - 05-11-2015

Kurt, you'll be coming with Nako for.... research in trade links... yes, we'll go with that... absolutely no smuggling in supplies for the lower classes or potential raiding of trade routes.... none at all.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Kellach Woods - 05-11-2015

goddammit nako i did NOT want to go to ishgard to freeze my nuts off so i can axe off a buddy.

(05-11-2015, 10:00 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: goddammit nako i did NOT want to go to ishgard to freeze my nuts off so i can axe off a buddy.
you'd have to work out it was me, first Wink Tongue

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Kellach Woods - 05-11-2015

see kurt around

ignore kurt

go directly to nako

do not pass go

do not collect 200 gil

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Star Lin - 05-11-2015

Kestlona is part of the Redwings and doesn't 'have' an excuse to go...except her teacher is on the front lines up there.  If he calls, she will go.

John has three reason to go.  First, he's a healer and he wants to help the people up there.  Second, he's gotta a couple of friends that are heading up there themselves and (if he can catch them in game before they leave) he going to let them know that if they need an extra healer to call him.  Third, (which might not pan out, depends on if the other two go along with it) might be a plot that could or could not happen.

(05-11-2015, 10:05 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: see kurt around

ignore kurt

go directly to nako

do not pass go

do not collect 200 gil
That assumes Nako will look like Nako Tongue

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Kage - 05-11-2015

Kage's a sellsword now so if someone hires him to go up there he'll go.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - D'aito Kuji - 05-11-2015

D'aito Kuji goes where the Maelstrom tells her to go.

And as she is also a bounty hunter, it may well be the case that she must go to Ishgard to attempt to apprehend someone who fled there.  I can well imagine that some would look to Ishgard as a way to flee from justice (or debts).

Edit -

But given the cold environment, I expect that her stay would be relatively brief. But by the time I actually get her to that level, the ice caps of Hydaelyn may well have melted leaving behind a warm sea. (460 subscribed days, one main, lvl 42, much sigh)

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Mercer - 05-11-2015

(05-10-2015, 10:00 PM)Nailah Wrote: Nailah:

[Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-11731-1423226022-21.gif]

She is a woman who adores travelling more than anything, and quite likely, anyone. She's going to go as soon as she deems it safe enough, and she is going to be VERY excited about it.

Exactly this. Oswin is bodyguard to a wealthy, bored noble. The prospect of hitting up a new country, with a new socialite scene and mystical lands are to much for either one to ignore.