Hydaelyn Role-Players
Supergirl pilot wasn't awful - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Supergirl pilot wasn't awful (/showthread.php?tid=14028)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Supergirl pilot wasn't awful - -no longer matters- - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 01:48 PM)Sylentmana Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 11:55 AM)Gwen - Dinah Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 10:52 AM)Sylentmana Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 08:48 PM)K Wrote: If Super Boy became Superman, how come Super Girl never became Superwoman?  That always bothered me.

Super Boy never became Superman. He's an entirely different character who is as angsty as he is irrelevant.
Incorrect, Superboy in the Golden and Silver Age of comics was in fact the adventures of a young Clark Kent.

The Superboy you are referring to is Conner Kent he is actually a clone of Clark Kent and Lex Luthor, he was introduced in 1993 (Maybe it was 94 I don't feel like wiki-ing), and as of the New 52 he's the clone of the future psychotic son of Superman and Lois Lane.

Wink

The more you know.

Actually, the one I was thinking of doesn't have any Kriptonian blood in him. He uses some kind of kinetic manipulation ability to simulate super strength. He can't even fly and he's super angsty about people comparing him to Superman and his abilities being a "curse". Oh poor baby. Having superhuman god-like abilities is SOOOO hard.Rolleyes
That one actually does still have Kryptonian blood he's the watered down version of the clone the used in Young Justice, there's never been a Superboy that wasn't realted to Superman in some Fashion. However there has been a Supergirl that was an alien called Matrix, that had no relation to Superman.

RE: Supergirl pilot wasn't awful - Sylentmana - 11-05-2015

(11-04-2015, 02:13 PM)Gwen - Dinah Wrote: That one actually does still have Kryptonian blood he's the watered down version of the clone the used in Young Justice, there's never been a Superboy that wasn't realted to Superman in some Fashion. However there has been a Supergirl that was an alien called Matrix, that had no relation to Superman.

I never saw Young Justice. I was thinking of the Super Boy from the new Teen Titans comic, which suck giant donkey dong, in my opinion.

RE: Supergirl pilot wasn't awful - -no longer matters- - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 04:49 PM)Sylentmana Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 02:13 PM)Gwen - Dinah Wrote: That one actually does still have Kryptonian blood he's the watered down version of the clone the used in Young Justice, there's never been a Superboy that wasn't realted to Superman in some Fashion. However there has been a Supergirl that was an alien called Matrix, that had no relation to Superman.

I never saw Young Justice. I was thinking of the Super Boy from the new Teen Titans comic, which suck giant donkey dong, in my opinion.
Oh he ended up being the clone of the future son of Superman and Lois, and yes that book is very bad. I sat through it way to long before I dropped it. XD

RE: Supergirl pilot wasn't awful - Martiallais - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 04:53 PM)Gwen - Dinah Wrote:

Oh he ended up being the clone of the future son of Superman and Lois, and yes that book is very bad. I sat through it way to long before I dropped it. XD
Slightly related to the OP, you should check out Young Justice. It's actually really really good.

And as a fan of Superboy, yes agreed. The new 52 Superboy is pretty much something out of a very, veeeerrry bad fanfic. Then again, IMO, that describes a lot of the new 52. >_>

RE: Supergirl pilot wasn't awful - -no longer matters- - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 05:26 PM)Martiallais Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 04:53 PM)Gwen - Dinah Wrote:

Slightly related to the OP, you should check out Young Justice. It's actually really really good.

And as a fan of Superboy, yes agreed. The new 52 Superboy is pretty much something out of a very, veeeerrry bad fanfic. Then again, IMO, that describes a lot of the new 52. >_>
Yes Young Justice was fantastic.

As for The New 52...
I really can't disagree with that. 

Though there was good in it as well, and they have done strides to fix a lot of the mistakes they made at launch.. but Teen Titans is still a mess, and the current Superboy is.. really the new Donna Troy of DC with confusing backstory of what the fuckness.

Sadly both Marvel and DC seem so out of touch with story telling and character growth these days with some gems mixed in of course, but Creator Owned comics are the way to go atm.