Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! (/showthread.php?tid=17424)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Thunderbolt300 - 11-03-2016

Hey there! Yes, it most certainly is still very much alive, no less in-game or in Discord, for that matter. 

There's not much doubt here that Whisper would fit in with the landscape here in Shroudlife; just about everyone here is a wanderer of some sort, if not a wilderness survivalist outright. We typically try to avoid cities for the most part. We generally organize run-ins rather frequently- almost nightly- where characters can run across one another, conduct trade, catch up, exchange stories... that sort of thing. This happens pretty much anywhere. After that, everyone goes separate ways until the next time they manage to cross paths. It's all fairly organic. Here's a bit of a preview:

[Image: r3Q1p3Y.jpg]

I can't speak for the others, but at least in Kasi's case, she's kind of a traveling retired-soldier-gone-mercenary always taking odd jobs and she can show up practically anywhere while she's working. Her somewhat dubious morals allow her to take on most contracts if there's something that needs doing- at least, up to a point. She usually has meats to trade for other foodstuffs like fish, nuts, and fruits. 

You're certainly more than welcome to toss in! Thumbsup If nothing else, you're certainly welcome to tap me in-game. 

And of course, welcome to FFXIV!

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - trinity1990 - 11-04-2016

This looks like it would fit my Xaela. I'm still working on him (and new to FF and its lore so its slower for me to come up with his backstory, and feel free to point things out if it doesn't work with like, say the clan i picked has actually been dead the last century so no way he can't be from there or something). He's from the Kha clan and left to escape the Empire and ended up in Lima Lominsa, since hes from Kha hes not all that against strange cultures but, its still a big shock for him and breathes easier out of cities. He's probably a bit serious and fairly on guard (understandably), but he's not hostile.

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Misharu - 11-04-2016

So I'm not sure how much he really counts as a nomad, but if you'd like another keeper male, my machinist Misha'to Nhami might be able to fit! He's an engineer/marksman, and he comes from a Keeper clan that lives in the northern Shroud. So! If you'd like I could have him join the LS.

[Image: SJpOo2N.png]
Besides, he's got a nice smile.

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Thunderbolt300 - 11-04-2016

Y'all are certainly more than welcome to toss in with the group! Thumbsup

Just about anyone should be able to invite you, but Gehr'ir is the point-man.

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - insertWINhere - 11-11-2016

Wait a minute.. I saw you drawing the brb bird on Twitch yesterday!

This sounds just like my sort of thing if you're open for a novice and perhaps a slightly more upbeat character that is!

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Thunderbolt300 - 11-11-2016

Hey there! Big Grin

You're certainly more than welcome to toss in- it's pretty much open-invite networking. The group is pretty heavy on Discord as well as in-game, so the first thing you'd want to do is get plugged into the Discord channel here:

https://discord.gg/SzzsgtJ

(You can also find this on Gehr'ir's second post of the OP, along with channel info as well!)

Past that, try to nab one of us in-game and anyone can pretty much invite you. Soliciting in the linkshell for RP is strongly encouraged- might even find yourself a storyline here or there as well!

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Django Sullivan - 12-21-2016

I certainly wouldn't mind becoming a part of the linkshell! Django, at the moment due to an RP with Kasi Nebuko, has had to step out of his comfort zone and into the wild to avoid certain elements reaching out and grabbing him in Ul'Dah. So... kind of a 'bumbling teen having to learn how to survive in the wild' sort of thing going on.

Other than that, Django's a rough and tumble good-natured delinquent, so he's far more likely to share even when he knows he can't.

Well, hopefully I hear from you soon. Until then!

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Thunderbolt300 - 12-21-2016

For Gehr'ir's sake- done & done! Thumbsup

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Raeje - 12-21-2016

My Xaela Raeje is living in Gridania, but she never stays there for long. Although she does have a full time job (with my FC) she still spends much time roaming. She actually fled Othard on her own, and found her way to Gridania. Would you like someone like her in the LS?

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - sima - 12-21-2016

I'm still in the process of creating and fleshing out my character, but I think this Linkshell seems like an environment my character would do well in! I figure my Xaela would be less inclined to settle down in a city-state, favouring a nomadic lifestyle in Eorzea due to the circumstances of his upbringing; with the Dhoro tribe being constantly on the move. He's a bit socially awkward due to lack of interaction with those outside his tribe, but is fascinated by the races and cultures of the new nation he has found himself in.

I've yet to transfer over to Balmung and it'll probably be a while before I do, but I just wanted to express interest now since this seems like a great lil' community. No hard feelings at all if my character isn't what you're looking for!

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Tsukinaga - 12-22-2016

Found this little gem through Kasi's sig, and W H E W I'd love to join in if y'all would have me! IGN is Syndra Avagnar.

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Gideon Aryeh - 12-22-2016

Very interested

Cy'xanne is a desert born Seeker of the Sun who's a bit of a Shroud fanboy, he loves everything about it, wanders around it and does much of his hunting there. He'd love to be part of something like this for various reasons

Cy'xanne Tora is the character's name.

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Thunderbolt300 - 12-22-2016

(12-21-2016, 09:27 PM)Raeje Wrote: My Xaela Raeje is living in Gridania, but she never stays there for long. Although she does have a full time job (with my FC) she still spends much time roaming. She actually fled Othard on her own, and found her way to Gridania. Would you like someone like her in the LS?

Done & done!

(12-21-2016, 09:33 PM)sima Wrote: I'm still in the process of creating and fleshing out my character, but I think this Linkshell seems like an environment my character would do well in! I figure my Xaela would be less inclined to settle down in a city-state, favouring a nomadic lifestyle in Eorzea due to the circumstances of his upbringing; with the Dhoro tribe being constantly on the move. He's a bit socially awkward due to lack of interaction with those outside his tribe, but is fascinated by the races and cultures of the new nation he has found himself in.

I've yet to transfer over to Balmung and it'll probably be a while before I do, but I just wanted to express interest now since this seems like a great lil' community. No hard feelings at all if my character isn't what you're looking for!
(12-22-2016, 06:24 AM)Tsukinaga Wrote: Found this little gem through Kasi's sig, and W H E W I'd love to join in if y'all would have me! IGN is Syndra Avagnar.
(12-22-2016, 09:01 AM)Gideon Aryeh Wrote: Very interested

Cy'xanne is a desert born Seeker of the Sun who's a bit of a Shroud fanboy, he loves everything about it, wanders around it and does much of his hunting there. He'd love to be part of something like this for various reasons

Cy'xanne Tora is the character's name.

Y'all can go ahead and use this link to join the Discord channel:

https://discord.gg/SzzsgtJ

From there, you can pester either myself, Sanrai, or Gehr'ir to plug you into the in-game linkshell whenever you're ready to rumble! The only real requirement here is that you've read the OP's, which I'm sure you have- as long as you have cause to want to interact with wilderness survivalists or wilderness traders or just the wilderness in general (doesn't even need to be the Shroud), you've due cause to join up! The whole group is very welcoming to new folks, so- welcome aboard! 

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Mermaid - 12-22-2016

Seeing this pop up in "Latest Threads" reminded me that Kasi tried to suggest this Linkshell to me. I had trouble catching them in game and eventually forgot about it. Blush

I really liked the idea of "let's camp out in a forest and RP instead of hanging out in a tavern all the time". Problem is my times are terrible. I tend to be on around 10 pm which isn't the worst until you realize it's Pacific...

So I guess my question is is there a late night (or possibly early morning) crowd in this Linkshell? If so who could I contact around those times for an invite (or could they possibly keep an eye out for me)? If not thanks for taking the time to read this post.

RE: looking for nomad rpers â™  shroud â™  keepers & more! - Thunderbolt300 - 12-22-2016

(12-22-2016, 11:42 AM)Mermaid Wrote: Seeing this pop up in "Latest Threads" reminded me that Kasi tried to suggest this Linkshell to me. I had trouble catching them in game and eventually forgot about it. Blush

I really liked the idea of "let's camp out in a forest and RP instead of hanging out in a tavern all the time". Problem is my times are terrible. I tend to be on around 10 pm which isn't the worst until you realize it's Pacific...

So I guess my question is is there a late night (or possibly early morning) crowd in this Linkshell? If so who could I contact around those times for an invite (or could they possibly keep an eye out for me)? If not thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I honestly don't know, since I'm out around 9 PM Pacific. That being said, you're welcome to use the Discord link above and join the server at least! I have seen activity in Discord (the following morning) for after 10 PM Pacific, so you can ask around that time if anyone can invite you. I'm under the impression there's a few late night people. Wish I could give you a more solid answer on this. Sad