Hydaelyn Role-Players
Linkshell Section Feedback - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Linkshell Section Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=217)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Shamadconde - 07-14-2010

Ditto!

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Zhavi - 07-14-2010

I found a typo!

Quote:classication

. . .but that's all that I found wrong with it. Love the setup.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Kylin - 07-14-2010

Is it gone now? And why is the font for "Linkshells" showing up as something different for you? /sigh -.-

Edit: Blah. Apparently, I have to have embed font in order for everyone to see it properly. And unfortunately, the instructions I'm finding are so crazy annoying so far. Most of you aren't even seeing the main site as it should be seen ; ;

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Hiname - 07-14-2010

Its still there for me.

Scrollbar's gone.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Hiname - 07-14-2010

*Ctrl+F5s*

Yes, its gone.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Aveline - 07-14-2010

Castiel Wrote:Edit: Blah. Apparently, I have to have embed font in order for everyone to see it properly. And unfortunately, the instructions I'm finding are so crazy annoying so far. Most of you aren't even seeing the main site as it should be seen ; ;

Yeah embedding fonts is a pain and it generally causes a lot of load slowdown as well. Best just to stick with standard fonts, or at the most, include the font for download and let people install it if they really have to have fancy letters.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Kylin - 07-14-2010

Moar done!

If you click on "all," you should now be able to navigate into the first linkshell listed (a sample linkshell, not an actual one xD): my super duper awesome "The Freckled Pixies." Still needs some work. Text size and fonts to be adjusted still. Also want to make it easier to return to the basic info page of the linskhell. I'm also contemplating switching the picture and subsections to the right page instead of the left.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - ArmachiA - 07-14-2010

Short people Onry!

Yay! Just for me!

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Faust - 07-15-2010

Getting a scroll bar on the guild name "The Freckled Pixies"

Not sure if there's supposed to be any stylized font, but there's not one for me (on that page).

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Kylin - 07-15-2010

I finally figured out why some of you get those scroll bars when others don't. It's fonts. The titles are using French Script font. But since many of you don't have very many fonts installed on your computer, it's coming up as simple Times New Roman or something like that. Thus, the text size is appearing slightly larger than it should be.

I'll look into fixing it so you don't have to have the font installed to see it properly. I may or may not go through with it depending on how much it affects load time though.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Zhavi - 07-15-2010

You know, is it feasible to make some of those names images? Just have the linkshells come up with a banner xx pixels by xx pixels so you dno't have to worry about all the text dealios. I know one of the admins at a pbp I go to did that for the title of the site so he didn't have to do extra work with font shiz.

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Eva - 07-15-2010

^ This is how I would handle it as well. :approve:

Re: Linkshell Section Feedback - Kylin - 07-15-2010

Let's see if I did this correctly...For those of you not seeing the proper font, does the font show up differently now for the title ("Linkshells")? If not, refresh the page once first just to be sure.