Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Census, Part XI (Class--CLOSED) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPC Census, Part XI (Class--CLOSED) (/showthread.php?tid=2709)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - entropyrat - 07-10-2013

Thanks Zonin. After brain storming and some character development I've settled on a Hyur Gladiator.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Nnejo - 07-11-2013

So will Arcanist be a support healing class or a viable option for a healer? I've been playing conjurerer and Im not too impressed honestly. I typically chose support healers and make the best of them. For example I chose to roll Archon  and Chloromage for most instances in RIFT. The a mystic in tera. So Im just trying to understand the "role" of the Arcanist based on the info we have now.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Savarah - 07-11-2013

(07-11-2013, 01:17 AM)Isis Wrote: So will Arcanist be a support healing class or a viable option for a healer? I've been playing conjurerer and Im not too impressed honestly. I typically chose support healers and make the best of them. For example I chose to roll Archon  and Chloromage for most instances in RIFT. The a mystic in tera. So Im just trying to understand the "role" of the Arcanist based on the info we have now.
If you were a chloromancer/mystic lover, then you'd probably be interested in going the arcanist > scholar route. I think summoner is meant to be more DPS-y, while scholar is more support-y.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Vee - 07-11-2013

I chose Weaver but I'll also be multitasking trying to do Goldsmithing (possibly) as well as Conjury/Thaumaturgy and eventually become a White Mage!

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - LeCard - 07-11-2013

Rogier is defiantly Arcanist going into Scholar. Though he will have conjuror for a sub class to get some extra healing. I may also have him dabble in summoning further down the road.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Nnejo - 07-11-2013

(07-11-2013, 01:20 AM)Seregelleth Wrote:
(07-11-2013, 01:17 AM)Isis Wrote: So will Arcanist be a support healing class or a viable option for a healer? I've been playing conjurerer and Im not too impressed honestly. I typically chose support healers and make the best of them. For example I chose to roll Archon  and Chloromage for most instances in RIFT. The a mystic in tera. So Im just trying to understand the "role" of the Arcanist based on the info we have now.
If you were a chloromancer/mystic lover, then you'd probably be interested in going the arcanist > scholar route. I think summoner is meant to be more DPS-y, while scholar is more support-y.

I'm still a little unclear as to how the class system is set up. You chose a class at start then you can have an alternate class or is it more point based and more along the lines of specs much like RIFT?

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - FreelanceWizard - 07-11-2013

(07-11-2013, 10:31 AM)Isis Wrote: I'm still a little unclear as to how the class system is set up. You chose a class at start then you can have an alternate class or is it more point based and more along the lines of specs much like RIFT?

How it works is that, once you hit the appropriate levels in the primary and secondary classes that comprise a job (30 and 15, IIRC), you can complete a quest at the primary class's guild to receive the Soul Crystal that, when equipped, converts the primary class into the Job. Jobs lose access to some cross-class abilities, but gain access to role-specific Job abilities. You can equip and unequip Soul Crystals as gear. XP gained is applied to the primary class, and the Job's level is equal to the primary class level.

So, let's say Scholar requires Arcanist 30 and Conjurer 15. When you hit those levels, a quest is available in the Arcanist guild. When you complete that quest, you receive the Scholar Soul Crystal. When your class is Arcanist, you can equip the crystal to become a Scholar. Likewise, if you got the Summoner crystal, you can switch between Arcanist, Scholar, and Summoner just by equipping the correct crystal (or unequipping it to go back to Arcanist).

In general, since you lose access to some cross-class abilities when you activate a Job, and the abilities they provide are specific to a role, Jobs are usually used for group play.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - TwilightSea - 07-11-2013

Iacon's primary class is Archer, but I will be making him a Pugilist to get him in Ul'dah. That's his home city in 1.0.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Torvhan - 07-17-2013

Torvhan is 100% a gladiator at heart, he grew up in the Coliseum watching his father fight. His skills as a conjurer merely an augment to his combat skills. Basic first aid knowledge is never useless on a battlefield.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Ender - 07-17-2013

I'm leaning towards Arcanist for the character I expect to be playing. I'm not really sure if I want to turn it into Scholar, or just stick with Arcanist.

I am still reading up on the system and all, but I do wonder if Arcanist could be combined with a less magic oriented class, for instance Lancer, for some interesting results perhaps.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Random Encounter - 07-17-2013

Phae'ra is supposed to be a agile melee fighter, so Pugilist was the obvious choice for him.  If they ever add theif (I expect all the original classic classes to appear at some point), that will probably be his secondary class.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - lady2beetle - 07-17-2013

I guess that makes Runa the lone miner. Slowly but surely, her story is gaining clarity in my head. After the magitek accident, she has no intention of handling anything that volatile, but she can't help being good with metals. So mining it is.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Azelle - 07-17-2013

Azelle started as an archer as a huntress for her tribe, but lately realized she was gifted with a bit of conjuration. she's pretty curious about it and will concentrate on that mostly.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Amiabelle - 07-22-2013

(NameTBD) is a writer performer.  Primarily, she acts, sings and dances, but she also plays a few instruments.  Currently, she aspires to write the Next Big Stage Production, thus spends a lot of her time doing research. Until that happens, however, she'll be earning her living as an Archer, with a bit of Conjurer on the side.

------
updated because she's evolving as I work on the 100 Questions Tongue.

RE: RPC Census, Part XI (Class) - Saefinn - 07-22-2013

I picked 'Arcanist', interesting so many have picked it, but it's a new class. Rather than the excitement of a new class (or for the awesomeness of being able to summon), for me it's the gateway to becoming a Scholar. My primary job on FFXI was Scholar and loved it to bits - I know this isn't FFXI and Scholar won't be the same, but it seems like it may be a great user of HoT and DoT, which is one aspect I loved about it in FFXI (as they later improved it as a HoT job).

So my character's roleplay revolves around the eventual goal of becoming a Scholar. Hence he's starting out as a Conjurer in phase 4 and with Arcanist coming out on release, I'll have my secondary class prepared for when Arcanist hits 30. Unless of course SE throw in Arcanist in phase 4, how could I say no? It would take a couple of adjustments in my RP, but Saefinn hasn't yet started his life, so it disnay matter.