Hydaelyn Role-Players
Practice makes perfect! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Practice makes perfect! (/showthread.php?tid=440)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Sylian - 08-26-2010

Do it! >Big Grin

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Zyanya - 08-26-2010

I'm constantly in awe of the artistic talent in this forum. I'm particularly jealous of people who can take things from their minds and put it to 'paper' AND make it look effortless. I've tried my hand at drawing anime-style but I am just pants at it.

Makes me wish I'd kept up with studio art after Uni.... that was a while ago. I guess I can thank all of you talented types for challenging me to pick it up again. Smile

Back on topic - I hope we'll see more of your work as it's fab! Smile

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Noelle - 08-26-2010

Renaise Wrote:I made a bad attempt at colouring one of the drawings on photoshop, should I post it up? Big Grin

DO EEEEEEEET!!! >:O

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Tagyr - 08-26-2010

DO it!

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Veedo - 08-26-2010

Eeet do!

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Renaise - 08-26-2010

[Image: recolcopy.jpg]

Think I can get a lot better at this with practice, but I'm not hating on it, came out okish lol

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Trizzip - 08-26-2010

:approve: Seal of Approval :approve:

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Sylian - 08-27-2010

Neat! Nice coloring job Smile I love coloring myself.. maybe I'll give it a shot too. Thing is I'm used to working with photoshop files and layers so I don't have to watch the lines too much Tongue So coloring a jpg is harder.

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Noelle - 08-27-2010

Ooh~ Awesome!
I really like it!

I hate colouring my stuff.
I can always see the mistakes I've made as I go around it, and it infuriates me. So I give up! ;_;

-Is a quitter-

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Tadir - 08-27-2010

If you are coloring a jpeg i find it easier to duplicate the image into a new layer and set it's mode to multiply. If it's a black and white jpg the white will become transparent and the black will not change. Then lock the layer and paint on layers under it.

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Sylian - 08-27-2010

Tadir Wrote:If you are coloring a jpeg i find it easier to duplicate the image into a new layer and set it's mode to multiply. If it's a black and white jpg the white will become transparent and the black will not change. Then lock the layer and paint on layers under it.

Hmm.. thanks for the tip. I'm going to give that a shot sometimes, see how it works out Smile

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Ozak Kuzak - 08-30-2010

I like the work, keep up the good work. Nice job on coloring Ren!!!

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Sylian - 08-30-2010

I had a little time to spare this afternoon and felt like coloring something so.. this is what happened Tongue

[Image: rencolored1.jpg]

I didn't really give it all the attention it deserved so it could have been better but I still like it anyway ^^ I also did a little 'inking' Big Grin I'll do an entire picture of Ren sometimes, methinks. At some point Tongue And give it a little more time.

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Renaise - 08-30-2010

Sylian Wrote:I had a little time to spare this afternoon and felt like coloring something so.. this is what happened Tongue

[Image: rencolored1.jpg]

I didn't really give it all the attention it deserved so it could have been better but I still like it anyway ^^ I also did a little 'inking' Big Grin I'll do an entire picture of Ren sometimes, methinks. At some point Tongue And give it a little more time.

Damn you, actually thought mine was good for a little while there Tongue

Nice work ^^

Re: Practice makes perfect! - Noelle - 08-30-2010

Ayaya~
that's awesome Sylian xD

And he's got a little blush!

I'm really struggling trying to do this colouring stuff! It's so hard! D:
Makes me realise how good people actually are compared to me, and how much harder I need to try!