Hydaelyn Role-Players
Questions of Race Anyone? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Questions of Race Anyone? (/showthread.php?tid=488)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Vareal - 08-30-2010

Noëlle Wrote:Oh! And they're cute!

Nedral agrees 110% with that statement.

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - UnbeknownstGhost - 08-30-2010

vareal Wrote:
Noëlle Wrote:Oh! And they're cute!

Nedral agrees 110% with that statement.

Cute- Slightly different level then hot. To me, cat people are not cute.

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Trizzip - 08-30-2010

I'm gonna roll elezen for a few reasons...

1. Since most folks are avoiding it cause they think it will be too popular, that now makes it the unpopular choice, which I like being the odd man out.

2. I love the wildwood's stance on nature

3. I was an elvaan in XI

4. pointy ears are awesome

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Noelle - 08-30-2010

Brin Ahlrine Wrote:I'm gonna roll elezen for a few reasons...

1. Since most folks are avoiding it cause they think it will be too popular, that now makes it the unpopular choice, which I like being the odd man out.

I think that's a fairly common desire? I mean, I for one don't want to be another sheep amoungst a flock. But it's an MMO, there'll be hundreds of anything!

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Asyria - 08-30-2010

Hey now, Female Orcs in WoW were nice. The hair was just.. Orc-ish. Later on, we got more hair choices too.

It's true that we need more feral looks for the Miqo'te though. I guess we need to blame the Japanese Cute Catgirl Fascination Syndrome for that. Though I've seen some pull off the feral miqo'te look decently, like Fho and Seraj. They looked more like wild cats than couch cats.

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Alvaruz - 08-30-2010

Well Alvaruz will be "Roegadyn" because it suits him in RP. Alvaruz is a fierce character and the body and the back story just suit him really good.

I usually never play a "cross-gender" toon, unless it's necessary because of RP and when I have an idea behind the mind for RP, I always try to take the body that fits the best.

I normaly, in most MMOs, play human, but this time, I decided to try something else!

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Tagyr - 08-30-2010

I chose Roegadyn since they have an intensity I like. Plus I like playing the least played races >.>

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Kashemia - 08-30-2010

Ah, the underdog symptom. Yeah, every wants to be the underdog, the unpopular choice, etc. I have it like that in many ways, until Aion... The discussion on wether Elyos or Asmodean were the underdogs just got so redicilous that I more or less stopped giving a damn, and now I try to just play what I feel like, regardless of the popularity. A few years back, it would have bugged me that Miqo'te are so popular. Now, as long as I don't feel like I look identical to every other Miqo'te I see, I couldn't care less.

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Con One - 08-30-2010

Well, I picked Mithra in FFXI because of the DEX bonus since I wanted to roll DRK. I'll stay with Miqo'te because kitty eared helmets are moe. =^.^=

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Tagyr - 08-30-2010

Well, usually for competitive reasons the underdog is downplayed and such which makes it fun. This game isn't PvP (yet). My choice is to vary the type of RP people experience by having someone different around. I'm not gonna be the only big red guy I'm sure.

I do like the Roegadyn, and it was a tough choice between that and a lalafell. In Aion I picked Elyos the underdog at the time. Yet I made a big old man rather than a young individual like the majority of the population just for the RP variance.

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Noelle - 08-30-2010

Kashemia Wrote:A few years back, it would have bugged me that Miqo'te are so popular. Now, as long as I don't feel like I look identical to every other Miqo'te I see, I couldn't care less.

Prettymuch how I feel!

I used to get really annoyed that everyone else was a "whatever" class or "whatever" race too, looking back I was really childish like that.
Nowerdays I don't really care. I play what I like 'cause I like it Big Grin
That's all I need.

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Mycroft - 08-30-2010

Ultimately I go with what I like, always have, always will.

On the topic of everyone wanting to be different, that reaches as far back as to humanity's tribal days where a special ability, look etc. would set you apart from the rest of the tribe and grant you a special rank in that society.
Therefore we wish to be S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Well, like I said before, I have multiple reasons for choosing what I choose. Underdog-itus is not my only motivator. In fact, it's the probably lowest motivator out of all my reasoning. It was just included to give a throrough enough answer. Plus I was kind of poking a little irony at the whole deal. I think it's funny how everyone wants to be different so they all go with the unpopular choice which becomes the popular choice.

Malrend Wrote:Therefore we wish to be S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Yea, I can't wait for Fallout: New Vegas to come out either. Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charasima, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck ftw

Re: Questions of Race Anyone? - Tadir - 08-30-2010

I just replayed through 3. I was sitting here banging my head against the desk trying to remember what "E" was.