Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC on Bluegartr - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: RPC on Bluegartr (/showthread.php?tid=550)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Asyria - 09-06-2010

I rather it be tied to demons and witchraft than to geeks and nerds.
I remember back in highschool there was a handful of guys who were playing some D&D in a classroom during lunchtime... at some point, hundreds of skaters and other stupid kids decided it was "gay" or some other brainless idea, and wanted to gank them. >.>
There were 6 police cars in the schoolyard, as the police station was barely a minute away and the rumors has spread about the whole thing.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Satisiun - 09-06-2010

Asyria Wrote:I rather it be tied to demons and witchraft than to geeks and nerds.

[Image: 9u9bbn.jpg]
"NEEEEERRRRRRRRDS!!"

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Freyar - 09-06-2010

Satisiun Wrote:
Asyria Wrote:I rather it be tied to demons and witchraft than to geeks and nerds.

"NEEEEERRRRRRRRDS!!"

Thanks.. now you've got the Japanese version of "Bicycle built for two" stuck in my head.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Asyria - 09-06-2010

Satisiun Wrote:

"NEEEEERRRRRRRRDS!!"

That's what I mean.^^;

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Nikolai - 09-07-2010

Zane Wrote:Unfortunately, I won't be RPing this time around in FF XIV. After having Role Played in FF XI for a time, I realized I'm a much more progression oriented person, and RPing does get in the way of that from time to time. While that wouldn't prevent me from RPing once in a while when I have free time, they're starting on a different server than I will be. Any one that's even remotely interested in Role-Playing should definitely check the RPC out. They're a bunch of good people and you would really be surprised about some of the myths surrounding RP.

Zane, noooooo Sad With whom will I discuss tabletop FF stuff if you're not around? D:

Also, I very much intend to get into endgame. I loved all the endgame events in FFXI, and made rather large fortunes through them. Dynamis was a particularly good deal for me, especially after the hourglass prices were cut... I would either make tons selling all the currency myself, or distribute it all among those who attended if a RDM relic I needed dropped. Furthermore, I was the only PUP in the LS, and so when PUP relics were implemented, those defaulted to me <3 Good times~...

Um, I suppose that what I mean to say is, please don't feel as though all of us will be so entirely obligated to RP that we won't actively punch through endgame content as well. I want to see everything this game has to offer, and that includes both RP and endgame events.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - SamusKnight2K - 09-07-2010

All I can say is that if people think RP is that bad, let'em. Better off if someone wants to avoid our server like the plague, I doubt anyone would want to play with that type of person let alone give them the time of day. No loss.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Freyar - 09-07-2010

SamusKnight2K Wrote:All I can say is that if people think RP is that bad, let'em. Better off if someone wants to avoid our server like the plague, I doubt anyone would want to play with that type of person let alone give them the time of day. No loss.

My only concern would be the people that ACTIVELY disrupt it.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Trizzip - 09-07-2010

sweetidealism Wrote:
Zane Wrote:Unfortunately, I won't be RPing this time around in FF XIV. After having Role Played in FF XI for a time, I realized I'm a much more progression oriented person, and RPing does get in the way of that from time to time. While that wouldn't prevent me from RPing once in a while when I have free time, they're starting on a different server than I will be. Any one that's even remotely interested in Role-Playing should definitely check the RPC out. They're a bunch of good people and you would really be surprised about some of the myths surrounding RP.

Zane, noooooo Sad With whom will I discuss tabletop FF stuff if you're not around? D:

Also, I very much intend to get into endgame. I loved all the endgame events in FFXI, and made rather large fortunes through them. Dynamis was a particularly good deal for me, especially after the hourglass prices were cut... I would either make tons selling all the currency myself, or distribute it all among those who attended if a RDM relic I needed dropped. Furthermore, I was the only PUP in the LS, and so when PUP relics were implemented, those defaulted to me <3 Good times~...

; ; I was lookin' forward to hangin' with ya Zane. Oh well.....I hope you have plenty of fun wherever you end up brotha' Smile

Um, I suppose that what I mean to say is, please don't feel as though all of us will be so entirely obligated to RP that we won't actively punch through endgame content as well. I want to see everything this game has to offer, and that includes both RP and endgame events.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Zane - 09-07-2010

Don't worry, I'll still be here on the boards and when I get enough money I'll be making a character to Role-play with on Besaid from time to time.

Just, as I feared, there are a few people who are ignorant about RP within my linkshell. While the majority don't mind it, a few are against rolling on the RP server, which was why I was hoping that the server we started on would be the server that won the vote, because then I could use their laziness against them and keep them on Cornelia even if the RPC was there.

It's easier to say "Eh, so what if the RPC is on our server, do you really feel like switching servers after we're already set here?" than "Forget this server, why don't we roll on Besaid despite the RPC being there and I know a few of you don't really like role-playing [size=xx-smal]even if it's for stupid reasons...[/size]" I'm more than positive there are enough Role-Players interested in doing End-game, and while I enjoy Role-Playing, my biggest lament is that I won't be able to hang out with some of you OOC as much, so I will at least be on the boards to do that.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Mycroft - 09-07-2010

Zane Wrote:Just, as I feared, there are a few people who are ignorant about RP within my linkshell. While the majority don't mind it, a few are against rolling on the RP server, which was why I was hoping that the server we started on would be the server that won the vote, because then I could use their laziness against them and keep them on Cornelia even if the RPC was there.

I feel ya, my LS is okay with me rolling an alt for RP on Besaid, but I'm not allowed to join another Linkshell with it.
A few of the members have tried light RP, some of them might even join me if only to watch and read, but ultimately I'm lucky that I haven't gotten the boot.. Seniority pays off apparently.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Skye - 09-07-2010

I'm surprised you need their permission to do what you want to do.
Surely you being the one that pays for the game gives you the right to do whatever you please?

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Asyria - 09-07-2010

Bleh, the RP Bars Progression myth rears its ugly head again...
A shame there's no PvP in FF XIV, or I'd race to demonstrate how wrong that idea is. Unfortunately, RPer or not, I was never too hardcore on PvE progression, personally.
Sorry you won't be coming along, Zane.

@Sky
Amen

Any "friend" who tells me how I should play or with who I can play with is no friend at all, because friends respect each other, and that includes each other's preferences and choices. And if they're not friends, well.. you know.. why would they even matter?

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Tyriont - 09-07-2010

Skye Wrote:I'm surprised you need their permission to do what you want to do.
Surely you being the one that pays for the game gives you the right to do whatever you please?

MMOs are SRS BUSINESS, don't you know? You have to be able to drop whatever you're doing at the time when the guild leader calls you so that you can attend a raid. Failure to do so more than twice and you're booted.

Seriously, I've seen that as a group rule in the past >.>

People get scary obsessive over this stuff.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Freyar - 09-07-2010

Stupid people and their digital knickknacks that won't mean anything after it's all said and done. ^_^

Enjoy the progression, variety is missing in a LOT of other MMOs.

Re: RPC on Bluegartr - Renaise - 09-07-2010

I have serious issue with people telling me what to do, even at work, where I'm certainly not the boss, I have made it clear that you get a lot more out of me if you ask me to do something rather than tell me to do something. It may be a case of semantics, because at the end of the day I'm still doing what they wanted perhaps but hey, it works for me.

Thing is, if someone started telling me what I can or can't do with my leisure time... let alone leisure time that I am paying for, they can and I quote "Shove their raid gear up there over inflated asses." raided once in WoW, never doing that again.

Anyway...

Short version... do what the hell you want to do with your time and dime...