Hydaelyn Role-Players
An Ishgard Project - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: An Ishgard Project (/showthread.php?tid=9953)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: An Ishgard Project - shotgunbadger - 05-17-2015

I'm very interested in this, I don't have a char to fit that, but I've been kicking some ideas around for other characters as the expansion gets nearer.

Regardless I hope to bump into you guys in game anyway, Zutoto sees Ishgard as a fascinating oddity so she'd be eager to talk to members of a major house, even if they're not the power players.

RE: An Ishgard Project - Candor - 05-17-2015

A lot of players have been asking me a couple of frequently asked questions lately, so I thought I would take the time to clarify those specific issues.

What do you mean my character can be any IC rank?
I've been trying to make this as clear as possible, but I guess I haven't been doing such a swell job of it. The easiest way to put this is: Your character can be any rank. For example, let's discuss the aforementioned Captain of the Guard. If this is the role you want your character to play, you need only come up with a plausible story to justify it, and ta-da! Your character is the Captain of the Guard. Now, the specifics of the position, such as being the Captain of House Haillenarte's guard, or perhaps the Captain of a lesser House vassaled to Haillenarte, isn't entirely up to you. Things like that will be determined on a first come, first serve basis - and NPCs count! So, let's say that Dwayne Johnson joins first wants his character, The Rock the Roegadyn, to be the Captain of the Guard to House Haillenarte, the rank is his. However, let's say that Heavensward introduces an NPC who is the Captain of the Guard to Haillenarte, then Dwayne Johnson will have to choose a different role. So, he chooses for the Rock the Roegadyn to be the Captain to vassal House Awesomesauce. Next, David Bautista joins and he wants his character, Drax the Au Ra Destroyer to also be Captain of the Guard. He'll have to choose a vassal House too, and a different one than Awesomesauce. Our forum will have a place for characters and their ranks to be cataloged so that this information is easily referenced.

So, I can choose my rank, meaning I can just be an Officer if I want to?
This is the one that seems to be confusing most people. Officer is an OOC rank. It is the rank of the player, not of the character. Everyone joins as a Patron, the standard rank. Officers are selected based on a number of criterion like leadership experience, attitude, and availability. And they're selected by me and a consensus of all Officers at the time. The purpose of an Officer is not to have authority over anyone, but to be a helping hand and in the event of OOC disputes, to help settle them. They also have access to the third page of the FC Bank, a place specifically reserved for valuable items and materials. The only way a Patron could gain access to anything on the third page of the Bank is to ask an Officer to withdraw it for them. This way we can have things that help everyone in big ways without worrying that access will be abused.

And your own character isn't IC in charge of the FC?
The answer to this is two-fold. The first part is to understand that House Haillenarte FC covers a wide array of characterizations - some characters will be vassal nobles beholden to House Haillenarte, others will be merchants that are employed by independent organizations but frequently do business with House Haillenarte, others will be inquisitors of the church who work with House Haillenarte, some will be mercenaries that work for their own mercenary companies but have been employed by House Haillenarte, so on and so forth. There's no real organization to be in charge of, and since no character may be an actual Haillenarte noble, no one can be in charge of Haillenarte itself. So, there's that.

The second part part is - no. My character wouldn't be anywhere near the top of anything, and I fully intend for him to keep to realistic stations that he happens on via RP. Even if that means he's hired as a tracker for some Haillenarte soldiers, and he stays a lowly tracker.

I can play a mercenary that's loyal to his own mercenary company, within the House Haillenarte FC? Like an FC within an FC?
Yes! Exactly! This is something we're really excited about. The ability for characters to tell their own stories won't be limited to simply narrating one's place within Haillenarte's structure, but to also expand and illustrate the surrounding structure of the character itself. So, let's go back to Dwayne Johnson. This time he wants The Rock the Roegadyn to be the Commander of the Awesomesauce Mercenary Company, who has been employed by House Haillenarte. He can build, rank, manage Awesomesauce Company however he wants, including recruiting players into House Haillenarte FC specifically to join Awesomesauce Company. If he wants, and his support grows large enough, we'll even give him his own section on the forums to manage Awesomesauce Company specific things. We cannot emphasize enough the freedom that will be granted to players to create and tell their own stories within the FC.

I hope this clarifies for anyone else who wants to ask these same questions. As more arise, I'll do my best to answer them!

RE: An Ishgard Project - Velaena - 05-17-2015

I love the Game of Thrones link. Bannermen to House Haillenarte ^^

RE: An Ishgard Project - Candor - 12-08-2015

This is an update on an old, and likely forgotten-about, project!

Yes, I spun an ambitious yarn pre-HW about the new FC community that I would be building, dated to release with the new expansion. And, yes, I didn't quite deliver. The players who supported the effort took a decent shot at it, and the FC even reached level 8! Then things happened as they're wont to do, I poofed, the FC was deleted, and the project itself was lost like so much dust in the wind. Poetic imagery!

However, I'm a stubborn old goat and just refuse to give up. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but... Here I go again! But not on my own! (If you don't get the reference, you're too young.) I've got some of my old supporters, and some new ones, who have decided to take another crack at establishing this unique FC with me. With one small change.

Previously it had been decided that we wouldn't be recruiting or running plots until we reached level 8, but this time around we're doing those things while reaching level 8. We've already got a bit of plot going, gradually building relations between characters, meeting for RP, and making wacky paper mache hats based on our favorite Pokemon. (If you don't know any Pokemon, you're too old.) Okay, we probably aren't doing that last one.

Anyway, while this isn't a cry for recruitment, it is an alert to all those folks who were interested, and to any new players who might be, that we're back and taking a crack at it, and all support and RP is welcome!

tl;dr: House Haillenarte FC is back in development and Jon Bon Jovi is the best Pokemon.

RE: An Ishgard Project - SicketySix - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 09:41 PM)Candor Wrote: This is an update on an old, and likely forgotten-about, project!

Yes, I spun an ambitious yarn pre-HW about the new FC community that I would be building, dated to release with the new expansion. And, yes, I didn't quite deliver. The players who supported the effort took a decent shot at it, and the FC even reached level 8! Then things happened as they're wont to do, I poofed, the FC was deleted, and the project itself was lost like so much dust in the wind. Poetic imagery!

However, I'm a stubborn old goat and just refuse to give up. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but... Here I go again! But not on my own! (If you don't get the reference, you're too young.) I've got some of my old supporters, and some new ones, who have decided to take another crack at establishing this unique FC with me. With one small change.

Previously it had been decided that we wouldn't be recruiting or running plots until we reached level 8, but this time around we're doing those things while reaching level 8. We've already got a bit of plot going, gradually building relations between characters, meeting for RP, and making wacky paper mache hats based on our favorite Pokemon. (If you don't know any Pokemon, you're too old.) Okay, we probably aren't doing that last one.

Anyway, while this isn't a cry for recruitment, it is an alert to all those folks who were interested, and to any new players who might be, that we're back and taking a crack at it, and all support and RP is welcome!

tl;dr: House Haillenarte FC is back in development and Jon Bon Jovi is the best Pokemon.
Given how my Elezen Noble is a knight for Haillenarte, guessing this would be appropriate for him....

RE: An Ishgard Project - Candor - 12-09-2015

(12-08-2015, 11:25 PM)SicketySix Wrote: Given how my Elezen Noble is a knight for Haillenarte, guessing this would be appropriate for him....

I'm not so sure. I might expect to see a Haillenarte loyal knight in a traveling troupe of troublesome troubadours. My alliteration was unintentional. Anyway! Yes, it sounds like it good fit and we're happy to make your character's acquaintance and RP with you any time. Feel free to reach out to myself on Maddox Gyr, or one of the others. Though I'll warn you that the end of the fall semester and impending holidays does have RP time a bit stretched between us. You know, the usual.

We don't have an FC profile up yet, but you can find more information, like our staff list, at www.haillenarte.enjin.com

Hope to RP with you soon.

RE: An Ishgard Project - Roen - 12-09-2015

Hm... I know a few others who are currently carrying on a storyline peripherally involving House Durendaire and Fortemps...

It would be great to have these houses mix it up!

RE: An Ishgard Project - DanteScaeva - 12-09-2015

I personally quite like the sound of this idea, I'd love for there to be more things based around Ishgard and its surrounding areas, currently there isn't much of it or I just happen to be missing it.

I'm for one trying to expand my connections as my character is a Freelancer within Ishgard, so would there ever need the chance for outside help, this could be a good thing to work with!
But still, good luck with it anyhow!

RE: An Ishgard Project - Candor - 12-09-2015

@ Roen, I don't know who they are, but I'd be all for some stuff if they are. Maybe you feel up to making introductions?

@ Vinland, we do have an IC LS that we use to invite folks who don't necessarily want to join, but do want to interact. Also, the nature of this particular FC allowed for more flexible roles like mercenaries to be members without adhering to anyone else's IC authority.

RE: An Ishgard Project - DanteScaeva - 12-09-2015

@Candor
Feel free to add me in game or throw me an invite whenever.
I'm on most of the time and am on now if thats anything!

RE: An Ishgard Project - Riven - 12-09-2015

Sent you a PM about it, and I should hopefully be online tonight!

RE: An Ishgard Project - V'aleera - 12-09-2015

Nice to see this getting followed up on. I look forward to seeing how things progress for you.

RE: An Ishgard Project - Candor - 01-06-2016

I'm pleased to announce that House Haillenarte has officially launched! Sure, it's after a 7 month delay, but at least we're not Star Citizen! The information found across the pages of this thread is all still valid as the unique concept of this FC hasn't changed, and a more summarized version can be found on linkshell directory profile. Those interested may also explore our forums which I have made fully available (read only) to the public.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the RPC's own Sounsyy for providing a massive amount of Ishgard lore, to keep this FC on track. Thanks, Sounsyy!

Any and all interested folks can contact me here, in-game, or post in the LS profile. Thanks for your attention and support throughout this process!

RE: An Ishgard Project - Ekidna - 01-07-2016

I rp as a noblewoman pledged to Dzemael House, but I'd be delighted to meet you ICly anyway. Ishgardian rp is great Heart

Feel free to add me if you see me online!
I'm always here on the evening (utc+2) and at more adequate hours on the week-end.

RE: An Ishgard Project - Silinat - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 03:38 PM)Ekidna Wrote: I rp as a noblewoman pledged to Dzemael House, but I'd be delighted to meet you ICly anyway. Ishgardian rp is great Heart

Feel free to add me if you see me online!
I'm always here on the evening (utc+2) and at more adequate hours on the week-end.

One of our goals is to foster rp between the players of the differen houses. I play Ambriel Haillenarte and would be glad to meet up for some roleplay.Â