Hydaelyn Role-Players
'Pologies for any inconvenience (And also buttluck.) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 'Pologies for any inconvenience (And also buttluck.) (/showthread.php?tid=11001)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: 'Pologies for any inconvenience (And also buttluck.) - Seye Qhesu - 04-08-2015

Now that I am sober I can post a serious response.

Plenty of people echo what I believe.  If you want to spam and have ooc fun then have at it. Just be warned spamming does get people blacklisted.  I often do it when people spam emotes.  If you were running around and interrupting the rp of others just to grab their Butts then that is highly rude. As a roleplayer we deal with enough trolls as is. It hurts when one of your own do it and make us look bad. Feels like a stab in the back.

Now..truth be told, Flynt as a person...as a player seems like a cool guy when I was able to do maps with him.  The character, however,  I try to avoid rping with as I feel as if as Verad said...he is trying to be a meme. .or pinky pie from MLP.  I don't really enjoy rping with characters who break the third wall so often. Half the time I cannot tell if he is ic or ooc.

But even with all of this said I am not too sure how I can take the tone of the thread. Is it truly an apology or some ruse to gain attention?

RE: 'Pologies for any inconvenience (And also buttluck.) - SicketySix - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 12:12 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: ...Am I the only one who will Blist randoms when I see spamming and remove before I logout?

Nope not me, once on the blacklist, you there for life homie

*throws up gang signs*

RE: 'Pologies for any inconvenience (And also buttluck.) - Anstarra - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 12:15 PM)Deshel Wrote:
Quote: I don't know if it was a good idea to make this thread, though I'm pretty sure the OP had good intentions in doing so, and wasn't really just trying to advertize his nonsense.

Not that I want to bash the OP any further, but I think you might want to reread his post.

Usually, when you regret something and you want to apologise, you don't describe your actions in a way that make you seem you have fond memories/you were enjoying yourself/you're proud of what you've done and then at the end, add a sidenote that you apologise for it.

Yeah, this thread wasn't really needed, but I think we can all agree that there were tons of other, better ways one could write it down.

Oh, no! I have no doubts that he doesn't regret his actions =b IMO, the apology is sincere insofar as he didn't MEAN to seriously bother anyone. The actions were for his personal amusement, not for the actual discomfiture of others (which is what trolling really is, and deriving entertainment from said discomfiture).

To me, this thread says that he wanted to convey that he wasn't TRYING to upset people. For some, intentions matter. For others, only results. The latter will remain upset (if they were before), while the former might cut him some slack. Thus he doesn't really lose anything posting this... except that people who weren't there are now casting judgment, AND the whole thing is going beyond a moment of silliness and becoming a topic of public forum debate (to the surprise of exactly no one).

That's why I say I'm not sure if it was a good idea. It kinda comes off more as rubbing salt in existent wounds than anything, even though that wasn't the intent.

RE: 'Pologies for any inconvenience (And also buttluck.) - K'nahli - 04-08-2015

Regardless of your own personal opinions and whether or not his intentions were pure or not, be it with the situation in-game or the creation of this topic itself, he has apologised and there's honestly nothing much else that can come from that.

Whether you strongly disagree with someone's actions or not, you should always be mindful of your choice of words. It's very easy for replies to come off sharply and that's never going to help anyone and instead only potentially lead to more tension and feelings of animosity.

Try to be more careful next time, Flynnt, as I'm sure you are by now well aware.

RE: 'Pologies for any inconvenience (And also buttluck.) - Melkire - 04-08-2015

Aaand ending on Knahli's note. Most which can be said has already been said so for sake of preventing further drama... Locked.