Hydaelyn Role-Players
Do you play any other MMO's? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Do you play any other MMO's? (/showthread.php?tid=12811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Cato - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 06:18 PM)Eses Fafa Wrote: Argent Dawn EU -WoW

I used to play there back when I played WoW!

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Zyrusticae - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 05:34 PM)Manari Wrote: If you don't mind my asking, I've been wanting to play PSO2 for like years now. How are you playing it? I hear there is an english client in south east Asia or something but it has a IP lockout on it, and I don't really know how to get around that kind of thing. Is that how you are playing it?
I'm playing on the Japanese servers, which are far, FAR ahead of the SEA servers and don't have any IP block shenanigans to deal with (ironically, given how it funnels English-speaking players to the JP server).

You can just go to Arks Layer for everything you need to play it. Note that the English patch is incomplete and probably always will be, but it's enough to play the game and most of the story content bar the very latest chapter. Ship 2 is absolutely chock-full of English players, to the point where you can sometimes forget that you're playing on a Japanese server.

If you have a smartphone, you can even download PSO2es and buy Arks Cash through there, as it uses Google Wallet for transactions (you can't use foreign credit cards to buy AC on the PC, unfortunately). But that's only in the odd case you find yourself playing the game enough to warrant a purchase. The freemium model is fairly generous, so you might not even feel the need to subscribe for premium time.

You can also check out bumped.org for updates and tons of guides, including one for signing up for the one time password smartphone program, which doubles your available free storage.

In truth, even if an official non-SEA English version were approved, the JP servers would likely remain the best place to play the game. Getting access to everything - including the crossover scratch sets and all - as soon as it's released is a pretty big boon. FFXIV doesn't have this problem because of SE's stellar international collaboration. If only SEGA were so productive...

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Eses Fafa - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 06:19 PM)Graeham Wrote:

Oho? Which character/guilds?

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Desitjant - 08-24-2015

I still play/plan-to-play EVE Online, though sometimes I get sick of it and need to take a few weeks off. It's a love/hate relationship.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - I'nhalki - 08-24-2015

I've always been a one-MMO person, starting with FFXI's US launch in 2005. I only ever played XI, XIV and WoW for more than a month. After my friends and I graduated from college and stopped playing WoW in 2012, I tried SWTOR, GW2 and ESO their respective launches but never stayed for more than two weeks in each game.

So basically, 

FFXI (Asura) 2005 - 2010
WoW (Cenarion Circle) 2010 - 2012
No steady MMO, just launch tests: 2012 - 2015
FFXIV 2015 - ???

Being in multiple MMOs just tends to break my immersion, and I never really had the time or interest with high school and then college during FFXI and WoW.

(08-24-2015, 07:44 PM)Eses Fafa Wrote:

I suppose I was best known as Solbranthius, my blood elf warrior. I posted on the realm forum a lot - but generally kept to a close circle of friends whilst in-game since the community could be...problematic at times.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Eses Fafa - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 07:56 PM)Graeham Wrote:

I suppose I was best known as Solbranthius, my blood elf warrior. I posted on the realm forum a lot - but generally kept to a close circle of friends whilst in-game since the community could be...problematic at times.
Bah..my highborne mage, Pirris. With the Freelancers.

(08-24-2015, 08:02 PM)Eses Fafa Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 07:56 PM)Graeham Wrote:

Bah..my highborne mage, Pirris. With the Freelancers.

The name's familiar! I definitely remember seeing you post from time to time.