Hydaelyn Role-Players
How can I hold all these roleplayer crushes? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: How can I hold all these roleplayer crushes? (/showthread.php?tid=13894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: How can I hold all these roleplayer crushes? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 11-04-2015

- Did you have any of these "roleplayer crushes"? y/n, is it just me, being a creepy nugget?

not exactly crushes....but there are a few people i do rp with but wish i could see more often rpwise.

- How do you handle these? Do you just send an aggressive PM/tell with things like "you, me, RP, 8PM EST"?

i send a letter on the rpc, tell or an ic letter but i don't want to send too many because i feel like i'm just bothering the person in question and i don't wanna pester them too much if they're not really interested ^^;

- Stories to share? Bonus points for embarrassing things.

nu stories i can think of tbh

- Did senpai notice you, when you started emoting at them very very loudly?

don't really do that....sometimes i give a wave or hug via emote but i don't stick around long because again; don't wanna bug them or "talk their ear off"

- Just how excited do you get when plotting with these new people, and realize they love your ideas and bring even more material on the table?
i enjoy it and get pretty excited to a point, if anything it reassures me that it was good i sent that last extra note about meeting up

- Did like, once, this person was actually pretty awful and you regretted everything? Happened to me more than I'd like to admit, BUT, I still keep on pushing.
ehh....couple times things haven't exactly worked out but everyone is different and has their own ideas. i just end up not rping as much with that person if it goes in a direction i'm not wanting to get involved with i slowly lessen the involvement my character has.

as a side note; if people do wanna rp with me, pls tell me....i won't bite i promise xD

RE: How can I hold all these roleplayer crushes? - Zhavi - 11-04-2015

No matter where I go, there will always be writers where I'm like "Oh my god they do that thing so well I want to steal it from them" and then I slink up to them and am like "let me write with you" and then I absorb their writing methods so that I can do the thing better.

Those people are my writing crushes.

True story.

RE: How can I hold all these roleplayer crushes? - Rufus Wightman - 11-04-2015

To be honest? There's nothing to approaching another player for RP. Unless they're a totally bubble-esque douche, you're likely to receive a warm reception. It's not like there's some clique of elite-level RPers who only associate with others in the same group... I hope? I don't know. Either way, there's nothing to worry about! Just do the things!

On the other hand, I find I tend to get quite annoyed when it comes to trying to get responses out of people in random RP. Let's use the Quicksand for this instance. It's mostly just AFK people 90% of the time, I tend to find. Either they're flat-out ignoring me, or whatever else they're doing, but it gets disheartening when you try your best to find some random RP, and keep getting knocked back with every attempt.

RE: How can I hold all these roleplayer crushes? - Swashbuckler - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 01:17 PM)Rufus Wightman Wrote: To be honest? There's nothing to approaching another player for RP. Unless they're a totally bubble-esque douche, you're likely to receive a warm reception. It's not like there's some clique of elite-level RPers who only associate with others in the same group... I hope? I don't know. Either way, there's nothing to worry about! Just do the things!

On the other hand, I find I tend to get quite annoyed when it comes to trying to get responses out of people in random RP. Let's use the Quicksand for this instance. It's mostly just AFK people 90% of the time, I tend to find. Either they're flat-out ignoring me, or whatever else they're doing, but it gets disheartening when you try your best to find some random RP, and keep getting knocked back with every attempt.
I've run into this a lot, too. Though it has been different as of late. At least for me. I've actually been getting people to respond to my posts towards them. If you're looking for random RP and I see you by yourself in the QS, Rufus, I'll come and say something!

But back on topic, I've found myself wanting to RP with many people and just not getting the chance to. Reasons usually vary (i.e I'm busy, I'm PvE'ing, etc.) but I definitely have "RP crushes." Just that most of the time, I am too much of a curmudgeon to do anything about it.

RE: How can I hold all these roleplayer crushes? - Volk - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 12:16 PM)Zhavi Wrote: No matter where I go, there will always be writers where I'm like "Oh my god they do that thing so well I want to steal it from them" and then I slink up to them and am like "let me write with you" and then I absorb their writing methods so that I can do the thing better.

Those people are my writing crushes.

True story.

you make it sound like you are the tapeworm of rp Big Grin I joke - really I understand what you mean 100%. I think that is the most organic form of development in rp. You may think you are taking or stealing this method from another, but really you are just sending it through a different filter/different mind and refining it into something else completely. Thumbsup

RE: How can I hold all these roleplayer crushes? - Coda - 11-04-2015

Ha, I've got a few of these. When I first joined, I spent more time than I care to admit just reading wiki and the IC forum. 
For me personally, the hardest part of the approach is the IC rationale. I'm not shy, but I'm also never going to pull off a cold approach with my main, his character doesn't really allow for it to occur in a convincing yet accurate way. So unless I get lucky and our characters naturally align in some way, it becomes very difficult to get two characters together. My rp is garbage unless I'm engaged, and that doesn't happen unless I can play Giauque true to his nature. 

Ironically, my second character is nearly the exact opposite. She's very easy to play, because she excels at surface interaction, and then later on, she gets difficult once interaction has any more emotional depth than a puddle.