Hydaelyn Role-Players
Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? (/showthread.php?tid=14507)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - honor2154 - 12-26-2015

Trying to make a character on the Balmung server. But its says its not allowing new characters Sad

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Vyce - 12-26-2015

(12-06-2015, 06:25 PM)missmizzy4 Wrote: Hey all,

So I have been playing in Behemoth so far, as I was told that one and a couple (although SIren was to spammy) had some RP communities. Found a couple great RP'ers on my own, but took a long time to just find them. I am having trouble finding RP communities on other servers, although they do exist, have not found real active ones.

People keep telling me that Balmung is a unofficial RP server I should switch to, but I am worried my $20 might not be worth it...

So those of you on Balmung right now, how large IS the RP community there? Like, for $20 I am hoping for being able to for example, go into the quicksand and be able to just spot a group RPing I can jump in with basically, or being able to assume if I asked someone around if they would like to they would be ready to jump in and RP at it's finest. 

Really debating this, so please be as honest as you can! Thanks!! Smile

The answer is yes. Or Gilgamesh. You won't find near the variety, volume, or quality of RP anywhere else.

EDIT: CONGRATS ON GETTING IN! You made the right choice.

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Cheezie - 12-29-2015

(12-26-2015, 05:53 PM)honor2154 Wrote: Trying to make a character on the Balmung server. But its says its not allowing new characters Sad

You can do two things at this point:

1) wait until a big maintenance or content patch which the servers normally open up for that at like 1:00am pst

2) make a character on another server, get to level 10, then pay $18.00 to transfer servers to Balmung. This is what I had to do, even though they don't allow NEW characters to be made on the server you can still transfer characters for money...all about the money.

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Kage - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 01:35 PM)Cheezie Wrote:
(12-26-2015, 05:53 PM)honor2154 Wrote: Trying to make a character on the Balmung server. But its says its not allowing new characters Sad

You can do two things at this point:

1) wait until a big maintenance or content patch which the servers normally open up for that at like 1:00am pst

2) make a character on another server, get to level 10, then pay $18.00 to transfer servers to Balmung. This is what I had to do, even though they don't allow NEW characters to be made on the server you can still transfer characters for money...all about the money.
Small correction to #2. You do not necessarily need to get to level 10. You just need to be able to speak to other (real / non-NPCs) characters and the character must be at least 3 days old. It can essentially just be a level 1 character.

You just waste less time by actually playing the character a little bit. Just don't join a free company.