Hydaelyn Role-Players
Housing Tips/Expectations? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Housing Tips/Expectations? (/showthread.php?tid=16327)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - Aldotsk - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 12:02 PM)K Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 11:49 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: Tips:
1. Before server goes down, go to the city's Aetheryte Plaza
2. Wake up at 6 AM EST. When server comes on.
3. Keep clicking left button furiously as you see some log in delays.
4. Hurry and go to the ward/subplot of any available plots.
5. Either you purchase the plot, or watch all of small plots get sold out in 10 minutes.
6. Then watch as Large and Medium get sold out in an hour too.

I'm pretty confident that Medium and Large Plots will get sold out much sooner than small plots this time around.

Probably. Because #Balmung.

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - Cassandra - 06-06-2016

I turned down all my settings to limit background loading, have XIV on a SSD and am right where I need to be with some backup options if I miss out on my first attempt. Thanks for the Busy tip though, Gegenji. I never thought of people going to those lengths. So I'll have to type that super fast as I make my dash.

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - CalebAgron - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 11:49 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: Tips:
1. Before server goes down, go to the city's Aetheryte Plaza
2. Wake up at 6 AM EST. When server comes on.
3. Keep clicking left button furiously as you see some log in delays.
4. Hurry and go to the ward/subplot of any available plots.
5. Either you purchase the plot, or watch all of small plots get sold out in 10 minutes.
6. Then watch as Large and Medium get sold out in an hour too.

I would honestly be SHOCKED if everything isn't taken within the first 3minutes of the servers being back up. I suspect Medium houses will go first, then Large houses, with small housing lasting the full 3 minutes. It will be pretty stupid how much of a land rush this will be. And I for one will likely take a break from the game for a looooong time should I not get my house >.>. likely only come back when they release more wards, and if they don't, welp onto other games that don't fuck their players over.

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - Kylin - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 02:13 PM)CalebAgron Wrote: I would honestly be SHOCKED if everything isn't taken within the first 3minutes of the servers being back up. I suspect Medium houses will go first, then Large houses, with small housing lasting the full 3 minutes. It will be pretty stupid how much of a land rush this will be. And I for one will likely take a break from the game for a looooong time should I not get my house >.>. likely only come back when they release more wards, and if they don't, welp onto other games that don't fuck their players over.

I'm right there with you on this as well. I've been waiting for housing since 2010, and when it was first released in the manner it was, I was devastated that it was well beyond my grasp. I've given up the dream of having my mansion, and even decided to recently settle for a small at this point. But if I can't even get that, it'll be time for me to just walk away for a bit and consider other options. I'll certainly give the new 'apartments' feature a look over when more details come out on that, but I'm honestly not holding out too much hope on that at this point either unless they implement those in a manner that isn't just the equivalent of FC personal rooms 2.0.

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - Miah Gamduhla - 06-06-2016

I certainly wont be quitting over not getting a house, but I'll be really sad. I mean, like a lot of people here I've been working hard and saving my gil for a really long time in order to have a place of my own that isn't connected to my FC.

What made SE implement housing in this way? I'll never understand. Its terrible.

And now I'm really worried about the /busy thing. I didn't set up a macro for it and I know that the time I take to type is out is time that I won't be able to run to the plot I want.

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - Kilieit - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 07:08 PM)Miah Gamduhla Wrote: And now I'm really worried about the /busy thing. I didn't set up a macro for it and I know that the time I take to type is out is time that I won't be able to run to the plot I want.

Do you know your auto-run keybind?

Though I imagine if you're on a console, the type of multitasking required to run and type or open your searchinfo menu at the same time is gonna be pretty difficult...

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - Aaron - 06-06-2016

It's not that hard to do at all honesty, I've done it before. A controller ain't that difficult to multitask with.

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - Warren Castille - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 07:13 PM)Kilieit Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 07:08 PM)Miah Gamduhla Wrote: And now I'm really worried about the /busy thing. I didn't set up a macro for it and I know that the time I take to type is out is time that I won't be able to run to the plot I want.

Do you know your auto-run keybind?

Though I imagine if you're on a console, the type of multitasking required to run and type or open your searchinfo menu at the same time is gonna be pretty difficult...

Begin moving. Press left bumper / L1. Enjoy free movement!

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - Kilieit - 06-06-2016

Awesome (genuinely). There you go, then! And now I know what to do if I ever start playing on a console. ;D

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - SicketySix - 06-06-2016

I wonder who many players/FCs that had sold their plots ahead of time for this, are going to go homeless now.

Or perhaps, how many of them are regretting that decision as the housing hype continues to build.

You can almost feel the frenzy in the air.....

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - Parvacake - 06-06-2016

(06-05-2016, 06:00 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 05:58 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 05:24 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Biggest hint I've heard from others is to set yourself to /busy (either by typing it or having it set as a macro button to push). Apparently there are folks who will group invite or trade with you to keep you from buying a plot. Rude, I know, but it seems housing stuff is pretty cutthroat. Setting yourself to Busy should avoid that, though, and let you make the mad dash to your house of choice and buy it without that worry.
Not sure if I should laugh or not, people really do that? Lmfao.
That's what I was told. I'm not going to risk it, personally. I want this hoose. :<
It's not a joke.

PEOPLE WILL REALLY DO THIS ^^^^

SET YOUR STATUS TO 'BUSY' WHEN YOU GO TO BUY A HOUSE OR PEOPLE WILL DO THIS.
Sorry for the huge text but it's something I've seen screw over my friends.

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - GhostlyMaiden - 06-06-2016

I forgot to log out in a ward.
Welp.
Maybe i'll be lucky
(But most likely not)

*nervous laughter*

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - Cassandra - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 07:08 PM)Miah Gamduhla Wrote: I certainly wont be quitting over not getting a house, but I'll be really sad. I mean, like a lot of people here I've been working hard and saving my gil for a really long time in order to have a place of my own that isn't connected to my FC.

What made SE implement housing in this way? I'll never understand. Its terrible.

And now I'm really worried about the /busy thing. I didn't set up a macro for it and I know that the time I take to type is out is time that I won't be able to run to the plot I want.

My going theory is cost. We know FFXIV has essentially funded both FFXV and FFVII: Remake in one manner or another. Therefore, the dev team for FFXIV would only have a very limited budget and implementing instanced housing would require a massive infrastructure and resources better allocated to new raids, dungeons or other such content.

That being said, the original intent had been to build a community-- a flawed designed from the get go. You can't have a hub consist of only thirty people. If they wanted that, then they should have split FC and Personal housing and made less wards but increase the lot space of each to accommodate. Imagine we were getting only a single ward, however it had all 240 plots. Doing so might have fostered the whole community feel. Otherwise, why not just hang around Ul'Dah or Idyllshire?

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - Edda - 06-06-2016

Can fix the housing problem easily. Just make the housing wards open PvP zones and if you kill the owner of a house you take their plot as a prize. Encourages community interaction and gives everyone a fair shot at obtaining a house. Watch out for roving FC gank bands!

RE: Housing Tips/Expectations? - Lydia Lightfoot - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 11:48 PM)Edda Wrote: Can fix the housing problem easily. Just make the housing wards open PvP zones and if you kill the owner of a house you take their plot as a prize. Encourages community interaction and gives everyone a fair shot at obtaining a house. Watch out for roving FC gank bands!

ArcheAge.

Well, not exactly. But close enough, considering people can hit you with AOE attacks through the wall of your house.