Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 1st Monday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 1st Monday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern (/showthread.php?tid=16894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 2nd Thursday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 12-08-2016

We're ready, are you?
Join us for Starlight story shenanigans tonight!  Courtesy of our friends at the Daystar Agency!

[Image: tumblr_ohu61rve6D1uyj2o7o1_540.jpg]

RE: Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 2nd Thursday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 12-08-2016

We're told that Special Pomvestigator Mogshu  (from the very first SGR) will be making a special appearance in this month's story!  Expect lots of laughs and mayhem to ensue!

Starting now as we speak!  o/   It's not too late to join us in Lavender Beds, Ward 5, Plot 58 -- down in the basement!  Just come right in!

A Shocking Starlight Plot

[19:18]Karaan Nolan: "I will start direct in the story, a story from the first ever hero this lovely event had." He stops and grins, changing his voice. "This one is right, the celebration was stolen!" Mogshu had heard a lot from his time, but the sylph speech was always the funniest one, for him. He rolls his Pomcigar in his small hand and eats another kupo nuts while glancing in his small office, unsure of this two new clients. The Sylp were nervous, speaking about someone stoling their Father, it seems -c-

[19:20]Karaan Nolan: every night, near the Starlight Celebration, Ramuh, roams around the Sylphland, to give gift to the good Sylph and coal to the Naughty One. But someone or something has stolen, Ramuh's most precious thing, not his staff...but it almight beard. The Moggle chuckles and scribbles on his pad while the Slyph nods." It must be them..they are jealous of The Mighty One because this one doesn't receive gift from...."

[19:27]Rheya Tayuun: The Pomvestigator chewed on the end of his pencil for a few moments, and then nodded at the Sylph who was hovering over his tree-stump desk. "Okay, kupo! The Levinfather can't deliver his presents if he doesn't have that beard. Nobody would recognize him! Pomvestigator Mogshu is on the case, kupo! Do you have any idea how the culprit managed to get it off of his face without, you know, getting punted into next week, Kupo?"  <1/2>

[19:29]Rheya Tayuun: The sylph shook it's head helplessly and shrugged at that. "Flying one does not know! Strange Walking Ones were seen in the forest, though. Tall, and red as hollyberry! Or Kupo One's pom!" Mogshu preened a bit at that, because his pom was (in his humble opinion), one of his better features. He took down a few more notes, and then nodded at the pair of sylphs. <2/2>

[19:32]Syranelle Ironleaf: Excited to take on his second-ever-case, Pomvestigator Mogshu did a happy little Moogle Dance.  "We'll just have to be a good pomvestigator and look into what happened ourself, kupo!"  True to his word, Mogshu danced his way out of his office and went to the East Shroud to begin his investigation.  He arrived first at the Hawthorne Hut, the center of all activity and life around Nine Ivies.  >>

[19:34]Syranelle Ironleaf: The first person he questioned was one of the local Wood Wailers.  "Good evening, kupo!  Praytell, have you seen or heard anything about Ramuh and his missing beard?"  The elezen looked at Mogshu in disbelief before he started laughing right in the poor moogle's face.  "What?  Don't be absurd.  No one goes near a Primal, that's foolishness!"  Undaunted, Moghsu went to the local Chocobokeep and asked the same question.  Startlingly, he got the same kind of reaction.  What was wrong?

[19:41]Kada'to Jakkya: One person laughing at poor Mogshu, he could handle. His pom was made of sterner stuff! But then the Chocobokeep? It was almost as if these people were afraid of Ramuh! Mogshu shook his head, perish the thought! The Levinfather was good to all moogles, so why would these good people be afraid of him? Surely, he would find someone in Hawthorne who could help him on his case. And so Mogshu continued his questioning, heading towards an open tent, where a smiling hyur waved him over. >>

[19:48]Kada'to Jakkya: “Evening, kupo!” Mogshu began, “Do you know-“ But before he could finish, the woman giggled and rushed over to him, pulling the moogle into a tight hug. “Oh goodness, you’re even more adorable up close!” Mogshu struggled valiantly to free himself, but her grip was tighter than iron. “And you’re so fluffy~” She cooed, already beginning to scratch him on the head. Mogshu wiggled this way and that, until finally he was free! “I wasn’t finished talking, kupo!” (2/2)

[19:52]Karaan Nolan: Mogshu narrows his eyes on the hyur."I want to know if you know anything about the stealing of the beard, kupo!" The woman giggled and nod at him." Yes..but what I gain, oh lovely fluffly lord." The Pominvestigator wasn't a fool, he knew how dangerous some of those strange race were."I let you play with the Pom, kupo" He points at the almighty pom over his head, while the woman chuckles and nods happily." It seems that the Sylph aren't the only one with problem with their Primal." She stops -c-

[19:54]Karaan Nolan: and leans closer to him. "I heard two Ixal speaking, about the lost of the Lady of the Vortex feather...someone is stealing the precious Primal power...for itself, oh lovely fuffly Moggle." The Pominvestigator frowns and listens, taking note. "oh, interesting kupo!" She points at herself." I know where you could see them...there is a secret place named the PrimalMart where Primal meets and talks...I can show you.." Mogshu blinks."The Primalmart...what is that, kupo.."

[19:58]Rheya Tayuun: The Pomvestigator was curious, because he hadn't ever heard of something like this, but... It was a lead. And leads were meant to be followed! So he let the woman who had beckoned him over carry him along into the deep ways of the Shroud, and repaid her kindness by letting her nuzzle his pom to her heart's content while they traveled. Eventually, they came to a deep cave, black and forboding. The strange woman let the Pomvestigator go, and pointed into it's inky depths. <1/2>

[20:01]Rheya Tayuun: "This is the way into the PrimalMart. I was gathering berries near here once and saw Ramuh go in, followed by Garuda. The caves stretch for malms and malms, so be careful. Follow the right hand wall, until you see the stalactites that glow a bright red. At them, take a left." The Pomvestigator nodded firmly, and set off with a will. Even if his quaking wings did threaten to make him walk a time or three! Dark caves are guaranteed to have spooky things in them, and he didn't look forwards to it!

[20:04]Syranelle Ironleaf: In to the onyxian gloom of the caves did our brave Pomvestigator make his way.  As Mogshu found the glowing red stalactites, he turned left as instructed.  What he found there was nothing short of astonishing.  Twin glass doors slid open with a cheerful chime and an automated voice, "Welcome to Primalmart!  Prime all of your life!"  He grimaced, that was such a terrible slogan.  Moving past the doors, he saw that the dank, spooky caves gave way to a well-lit, series of small shops! >>

[20:06]Syranelle Ironleaf: Not only that, but there was Ifrit who seemed to be getting his Nails done at a salon-like booth.  The woman doing his nails chattered incessantly, filing and polishing them to a fiery shine.  At another stall, Mogshu saw Shiva trying some new icicles in her hair.  This really /was/ a store just for Primals.  They had to get all that stuff from somewhere, he supposed.  Maybe this was where Ramuh got his beard!  He began to browse the aisles in search of them.

[20:10]Karaan Nolan: Mogshu tries not to bring any attention toward him while he flies around the different aisles, looking for clues or anything that may tell him who could have stole Ramuh's Beard or Garuda's Feather. He stops at a small shop, where a tall creature was looking at what is looking like a pet shop, but with butterfly in it. The tall creature frowns." I need them to carry my sword ...big and strong.." Mogshu's little attention turns toward a crashing sound. Two massive form were throw out of -c-

[20:12]Karaan Nolan: the bar section. A tall clad wearing armor glances at the drunk Primal, bickering about their people, Titan and Leviathan. "Don't come back before..." Odin stops and sighs." Sorry..guys, shop close, need to go scare some adventurer in the Shroud." He closes the door of his tavern and walks away. Mogshu stays silent when he saws the Most Kind and Powerful of the Primal flying near him. The Pomvestigator bows his head when the Great King Mog stops near his small follower. "Moghsu? "

[20:16]Rheya Tayuun: Mogshu bows deeply to the Lord of the Levins, and nods. "Yes, o Great and Powerful Ramuh! Lord of the Lightning! Please don't smite me for trespassing on this hallowed ground, but I was hired to find your missing beard!" That earns a moment of silence, before the Primal burst out into ear-splitting gales of laughter. Pomvestigator Mogshu cowered for a moment before realizing it was mirth and not wrath, and slowly started to chuckle along with the Primal. <1/2>

[20:21]Syranelle Ironleaf: Mogshu stared for a long moment... before he shuddered.  Envisioning Ramuh in the shower was NOT something he'd needed to do today.  "Well, it's good that you found a replacement, kupo!"  Mogshu said cheerfully, "But it doesn't do that you've still one missing.  If you'll permit me, I'll do my best to find it and see it safely returned!"  Ramuh shrugged.  "Tis not something you should worry your little pom over, I've alread--" But Mogshu interrupted.  "No-no-no!"  >>

[20:23]Syranelle Ironleaf: "I was tasked with finding your beard and find it I shall!"  The little moogle exclaimed before running out of Primalmart, right past drunken Titan and Leviathan, the rock giant awkwardly patting the serpent's back as it retched into a trash can.  "Moogle Mog's Kingly Whiskers, this day is so /odd/..."  To the Sevenfang Falls Mogshu went, though, and there he found...

[20:27]Karaan Nolan: The Pomvestigator roams around the Sevenfang Falls for an hour, before resting his little wing near the fall. He sighs and ponders a bit." No sign of any beard, nor feather, kupo!" He takes one of the kupo nuts and eats it."Well..well..who will acquire something from stealing a beard from Ramuh, kupo!" He says when he hears a sound coming from behidn the fall. Something or someone was lurking behind the water. He uses his Moogle power and silently fly toward the fall, wondering -c-

[20:27]Karaan Nolan: The Pomvestigator roams around the Sevenfang Falls for an hour, before resting his little wing near the fall. He sighs and ponders a bit." No sign of any beard, nor feather, kupo!" He takes one of the kupo nuts and eats it."Well..well..who will acquire something from stealing a beard from Ramuh, kupo!" He says when he hears a sound coming from behidn the fall. Something or someone was lurking behind the water. He uses his Moogle power and silently fly toward the fall, wondering -c-

[20:30]Karaan Nolan: When he arrives at the fall, the voice was more clear, someone was preparing a plan, to ruin the Starlight Celebration of everyone, not just Sylph or Ixal, but even the others. Mogshu knew that only one evil creature could do that. He flies throught the water and screams. "Stop! Pomwitches of the West..I, Moghsu, the Pomvestigator Extraordinaire will stop you!" The Pomwitches turns her eyes toward her nemesis and chuckles. "You are too late..I finish..my creation is ready.." Moghsu shivers and..

[20:36]Rheya Tayuun: The Pomvestigator stared in horror at the creation hovering before him. It was a robe of black and purple, much like the Lord of Levin's own. Although... It looked like it had been sewn together from hundreds of scraps of colored cloth. That wouldn't be so bad, but it was being held up by the coven of the Pomwitches. And the Wicked Pomwitch of the West was wearing the missing beard! She could barely be seen among it's hairy depths.  <1/2>

[20:41]Syranelle Ironleaf: What was he to do?  Mogshu tapped his tiny paws together, considering his options.  "You'll never get away with this, Pomwitches!"  The trio of moogle mages danced in a circle, the bearded one dragging Ramuh's beautiful beard in the dirt and grass.  Wait, that was it!  Ramuh's beard carried a latent electrical charge from the Lord of Levin, if he could just get them to give their bearded leader a shock... Mogshu nodded, his course of action decided.

[20:43]Syranelle Ironleaf: "I challenge you to game of wits!"  He proclaimed, pointing at one of the smaller Pomwitches.  "And it will decide whether I let you go or not!"  The Littlest Pomwitch cackled.  "You're no match for me, Mogshu, what is your challenge?"  Mogshu replied, "I bet you can't do as I do!"  He rubbed his furry belly with one hand and pat his head with the other.  The Pomwitch only scoffed and imitated him, building up the static charge on her paws.  Now to get her to touch the bearded one...

[20:48]Karaan Nolan: Mogshu hid a grin behind his paw." Oh this is the first step of my challenge, kupo!" He says while he looks at all the Wicked Pomwitches of the West." I am sure you can't dance better than me, kupo, I can dance..and fly better than all of you!" He glances." And I can do it, while doing the first challenge." The Littlest Pomwitch cackled and followed the challenge, dancing and moving closer to the creation."And I am sure you, you can't rub your Pom on her as fast as I can do, kupo!"

[20:51]Karaan Nolan: The Littlest Pomwitch chuckles and rubs her furry belly while leaning near her leader, wearing the Mighty One beard. "I can and I will! You have fail Pomvestigator, you will be in ruin and you will be ours!" She cackled and touches the beard with her pom, the moment the two touches, it feels like a storm in the small cavern, electricity spread in the air and travels from the poor little Pomwitches toward the beard. The Pomvestigator hides itself behind a rock and closes his eyes, waiting for…

[20:55]Rheya Tayuun: ...the Eorzea-shattering KABOOM of thunder as the static in the Littlest Pomwitches' fur discharges into the beard, and from there LASHES out in a bolt of Ramuh's mighty Lightning! It arcs across the room and slashes into the waterfall, making it glow all kinds of pretty colors and bursts of steam! At the same time, the robe's stray threads caught fire and went up in a WHOOOSH! The Pomwitches were stunned for a few moments, looking owlishly at the Pomvestigator with soot-blackened faces. <1/2>

[20:58]Rheya Tayuun: "Curse you, Pomvestigator! A thousand curses! We were SO CLOSE!" The Wicked Pomwitch of the West shrieked at him. The great mass of Ramuh's Spare Beard was unsinged, but the lightning had made it stand out all spiky, and the Pomwitch looked like one of those puff-plants people ride! If they had a Pom with a flaming witches' hat on it, that is...

[21:01]Syranelle Ironleaf: Mogshu collected the puffed-out beard and returned with it to his office.  There, he presented it proudly to the Sylph.  "Here you are, friend!  One Ramuh Beard, recovered as promised!"  The Sylph did a little dance of joy.  "Kupo One is very good to Flying One, brings back Great One's beard!"  The sylph takes it gratefully, hugging it close.  "Now Flying One and Friends can decorate it to give to Ramuh for Starlight!  Kupo One has made this one's holiday all the brighter!" >>

[21:02]Syranelle Ironleaf: And so it was that Starlight was saved and the Pomwitches plans foiled.  What good cheer and merriment would the Sylph's gift to Ramuh bring?  That remains to be seen.  However, all could rest well knowing that the holiday would proceed uninterrupted with gifts for all the good little boys and girls... all thanks to one Special Pomvestigator Mogshu!

(Feel free to copy-paste and use this poster for your own blogs and FC websites!) 

[Image: tumblr_inline_ohwfwsqf2e1twmuac_540.jpg]

RE: Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 2nd Thursday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 12-20-2016

Just a friendly bumpminder!  Be sure to add this to your calendars, you don't want to miss out on all the story-telling shenanigans!

RE: Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 2nd Thursday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 12-27-2016

Coming up in two weeks!  Let's ring in the new year with some story-sharing fun!

RE: Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 2nd Thursday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-02-2017

Not this week, but next!  Big Grin  We look forward to seeing everyone there!

RE: Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 2nd Thursday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-07-2017

Coming up this week!  :o

RE: Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 2nd Thursday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Rosehip - 01-07-2017

Ah dang, I'm sadly working late and can't be there for this, but it sounds like a ton of fun! I hope to be able to participate in the future!

RE: Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 2nd Thursday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-09-2017

(01-07-2017, 05:52 PM)Rosehip Wrote: Ah dang, I'm sadly working late and can't be there for this, but it sounds like a ton of fun! I hope to be able to participate in the future!

I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to attend, but rest assured that the chatlog for every Story-Go-Round gets posted into this thread for people to read and enjoy, just in case they can't make it! ^_^

RE: Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 2nd Thursday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-11-2017

Coming up this Thursday!
Be sure to join us for all the shared story-telling fun!

Bring your friends, bring your Company-mates!

RE: Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 2nd Thursday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-12-2017

Guess what...

This is tonight!  Big Grin  I look forward to seeing people there!

RE: Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 2nd Thursday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-12-2017

The Monkey & The Rooster

[19:05]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Our story begins with an old monkey; he is tired and his bones ache.  He's seen many moons and has lived a robust life filled with many great memories and many sad ones as well.  He had no complaints about his life, though, save one.  He had never fallen in love, never found a suitable mate, and thus had no children to pass his legacy."
[19:07]Syranelle Ironleaf: "He sat in his tree pondering this fact, even lamenting it a bit, when a spry young Rooster came walking beneath his tree.  'Hey, hey you up there!' the Rooster crowed, 'Why the long face?  It's a bright, beautiful day!  The sun is shining, the clouds are fluffy, so there's no reason to be so unhappy!'"
[19:10]Syranelle Ironleaf: For a moment, the Elezen pauses, peering at the empty right side of the stage.  Her nose twitched a moment, but she simply smiled and continued.  "I am uhappy," said Monkey, "because when I die there is no one to carry on after me and I, sadly, feel that my time is coming soon.  Everything I know, everything I remember, it will all perish with me and all I know will be lost."  Rooster let his comb flop over to one side, upset.  "O-oh, I see.  That /is/ very sad.  Don't you have any children?"
[19:16]Valgus Arvina: The weary old Monkey shook his head slowly, grimacing. As if he needed yet another reminder that he lacked the one thing he wanted the most! "I've none, Rooster. I have seen many winters and many summers. Indeed, the day is beautiful. The sun shines, the clouds fluff! Yet I have -seen- these things. I have known them for many and more years. Who will remember me when the long sleep comes for me? Who will carry on my legacy?" The Monkey shook his head once more, groaning with exasperation.-
[19:16]Valgus Arvina: Rooster scuffed his talons on the dirt and bobbled his head thoughtfully. Then, he cawed with a realization! "Monkey! Let go your despair! For just yonder, o'er the hills, there is another tree. Another Monkey! Quite fetching, if I may say so! Come down from your tree. Walk with me and together, we will meet her!"
[19:22]Rin Miyama: The poor old monkey, though his eyes perked up, still held onto a shred of doubt within his heart. He had lived a fulfilling life with suceeding at many feats, yet he had never known the simple joys of shared compassion. "All right, Rooster. I will follow you. But please, do not raise my hopes so high that my heart breaks when they fall." And at that, the pair set off. By the sun setting, they finally crested the last of the hills between the trees, a fair female monkey perched in though.
[19:22]Rin Miyama: thought.)
[19:22]Rin Miyama: "There, for your own eyes to see, another monkey such as yourself!" Indeed, the fair monkey appeared alone, however the older monkey knew not what to say. He simply stood, eyes trained on her swaying tail, until it finally gave an annoyed flick. "Well, what is it you are after?" Her voice rang clear in the evening air. "My time is precious, and I know not who you are, or why you have arrived?" All ready, the poor old monkeys heart sank.
[19:25]Syranelle Ironleaf: Monkey cringed, looking at Rooster in askance.  What was he supposed to do?  Beaming, the Rooster knew /exactly/ what to do to impress the ladies.  He was, after all, the master of his henhouse!  So, he demonstrated his rooster'ish prowess for Monkey.  Up and down the road Rooster strutted, comb all a-waggle.  He shook his long, luxurious tail-feathers, making quite a display of himself.  He scratched and pranced before ending it with a mighty crow, "Cock-a-doodle-doo!" >>
[19:27]Syranelle Ironleaf: Not knowing what else to do, Monkey saw, so Monkey did.  He strutted around, flapping his arms and waggling his head.  He turned his backside toward the She-Monkey and waggled his tail in what he hoped was an alluring fashion.  At the end of it, he puffed out his chest and yelled in all his Monkey glory, "Cock-a-doodle-doo!"  Then they waited to see the She-Monkey's reaction.
[19:32]Syranelle Ironleaf: "N-no... NO!" Monkey protested.  "I am shamed, look, she won't even speak!"  Monkey threw up his hands in despair and fled the hilltop.  However, Rooster was undaunted.  He turned to the She-Monkey, "My friend is simply so enamored with your beauty that he feels he must find a gift worthy of such magnificence!"  He winked and chased after his Monkey-friend.
[19:34]Syranelle Ironleaf: Rooster chased after Monkey, finally catching up to him near a spring.  "Look, you can't just DO that!" Rooster admonished.  "You don't just leave a lady standing there like that.  It's rude!"  Monkey wrung his hands, aggrieved.  "What am I to do?  What must she think of me?  I can't go back!  I won't!"  The Monkey seemed on the verge of panic.  "Calm down, calm down..." Rooster reassured his friend.  "We can fix this still!"
[19:40]Rin Miyama: Little did the old monkey know, a small butterfly had flitted from the budding flowers within the tree that held the fair monkey. "Dear, whaat is it that has you so speechless?" the whisper-like voice of the butterfly questioned. "You have told me stories of a strong, courageous monkey many a times, and the day I finally resolve to make my way over the hells to his tree, he shows up and makes a bafoon of himself!"
[19:40]Rin Miyama: Gently, the butterfly perched atop the sh-monkey's head, "Must I remind you of your younger days, chasing the tails of dimwitted monkeys half your age?" At that, the she-monkey grimaced as the butterfly giggled. "Perhaps. But I would like to see if this fool learns to follow his own mind, rather than the bird-brain of that rooster." At that, the pair giggled. However beyond the hills at that lonely spring, sat the old lonely monkey...
[19:43]Rin Miyama: "Fix this? I sounded like an old rooster with a frog in it's throat!" the old monkey groaned, burying his face within his palms. "No! All will be well!" the rooster insisted, "You simply must bring her a fine gift! Few things swoon ladies such as reminders of their own beauty!" The old monkey paused, staring within the spring. "Butt what out there would match the living beauty of one such as herself?" he pondered. The rooster guffawed, "Living beauty? Hah! You must find the shiniest bauble!"
[19:44]Rin Miyama: "It will outlast any /living/ beauty." With a confident nod and wobble of his comb, the rooster stamped his clawed foot. "I've swooned many a hens with the smoothest of rocks and the most glittering of coins!" His feathers ruffled as the monkey sighed, "It is simple!"
[19:47]Syranelle Ironleaf: "What could I bring her that could match her beauty?" Monkey bemoaned.  Rooster crowed triumphantly, "Why, bring her that right there!"  He pointed to the reflection of the moon on the water of the spring.  "That's the biggest pearl I've ever seen, that's sure to win her heart!"  Monkey looked at the luminescent glow of the moon, not realizing it wasn't a stone.  "Y-yes... look at it, so big, shiny, and round... it's perfect!"  Immediately, Monkey leapt into the water with a huge splash! >>
[19:47]Redrick Rumata looks at you in shock!
[19:48]Ellmida Westrose waves to Arkyen Ortiz.
[19:49]Syranelle Ironleaf: Yet, the ripples of the broken water fanned out across the surface, scattering the image of the moon.  "No, wait, where did it go?!" Monkey exclaimed in dismay, splashing his hands around in the water, frantically searching for the 'pearl'.  "Where did it go?!  Rooster, help me!"  He whimpered.  "O-oh, uh... we roosters don't care for water.  I'm afraid you're on your own!"
[19:51]Syranelle Ironleaf: Monkey flailed around in the water, clearly making no headway at all.  The 'pearl' was gone.  He gave up and swam back to shore, now waterlogged and even /more/ unhappy than before.  "Maybe I'll just go back to my tree," he said dejectedly.  Rooster made his way over to his friend.  "You can't give up, surely there's something else a nice She-Monkey could want!"
[19:54]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Maybe, but it's too late now."  Monkey said, making his way back to his own tree.  Rooster trailed after him, still prattling on incessantly.  "What about food?  Or gems?  Or small woodland creatures?  Ladies like to hug things!"  The Rooster nodded sagely.  He knew these things, great ladies' man that he was.  "No, no... None of that.  It would have to be something extraordinarily special to overcome this humiliation."
[19:55]Syranelle Ironleaf: Then, it occurred to the Monkey that he knew of /exactly/ the right thing.  There was a flower at the very top of his tree; it was exceptionally rare, blooming only once in his lifetime.  Surely that would be worthy of the She-Monkey!  With a gleeful smile, he took of running for his home-tree.  Rooster, thinking he'd all but given up, set to chasing after him.
[19:57]Ryouta Sakamoto: On the brink of dawn, the duo arrived to the Monkey's home, and utilizing his acrobatic prowess he swung back and forth through the bough, up the branches and to the top... only to find that the flower was nowhere to be found! Shocked, stunned by this and in peril, he asked the skies for an answer... only to hear nothing. Until...
[19:59]Ryouta Sakamoto: Monkey's eyes fell from the blue sea above down to his companion, indeed, the very individual who had swooned many before with those magnificent feathers. Those feathers which... caught the glimpse of the sun. Was the answer in front of him all along? "Rooster!" He called out. "I have a favor to ask."
[20:04]Rin Miyama: "Please, Rooster, fetch the lovely monkey from her tree! I have something even more splendid than the pearl within the spring! And hurry!" At that, the rooster fluffed his feathers and tossed his comb, "I will be back before you can say--" "Hurry!" the the monkey cut off the rooster before delving back into his tree. Off scurried the fowl, grumbling to himself as he went. All the while the old monkey set to his plan. Barely enough time to spare, by the time the rooster had returned with >>
[20:06]Rin Miyama: the she-monkey, the air surrounding the tree was alight with the faint buzzing and gentle pulsing lights of fireflies. Stopping in wonder, the she-monkey felt a smile tug at the corners of her lips. During her hurried walk, she had wondered what the old monkey had in store as the rooster had squawked to her about his amazing and wondrously vague plan. As agile and dextrous as a leaf floating through the wind, she lept and climbed into the tree.
[20:12]Zhan'a Rakhin: The she-monkey poked at a passing firefly, holding out a lanky arm to the glittering display. "I have never seen so many in one place," she manages as the insects twirl about. "What is your secret?" With a sly grin, Monkey shook his head. "No secret! Fireflies love to perform is all. The problem is just getting them in one spot. I didn't have any sheet music for them, so it turned into a bit of an improv-" His words are cut off when his lady friend gave him a quick hug, fireflies sitting on ~
[20:14]Zhan'a Rakhin: each of her ears before they began to dance. So close, she could hear the faintest voices as they sang. Or possibly sang. It might just have been a very loud rustle of the wings, but close enough. However, one particularly bright firelight came between the couple as they parted. "We danced for the lady, so where's the pay, fur brain?" came a tiny voice. Monkey blanched under his fur. He hadn't thought that part through. "Well, I do have one thing..."
[20:18]Syranelle Ironleaf: Monkey took the fireflies into his tree, gesturing to it with a hand.  "This is the oldest and hardiest tree in the land.  You are welcome to make your home here for as long as you live."  The fireflies seemed overjoyed at this revelation and danced around the monkey pair while below Rooster let out a joyous crow.  "That's the spirit!  I knew you could do it!"  The Monkey smiled at his friend and nodded.  "You did, if it wasn't for you, I would not have had the courage to do this."  >>
[20:20]Syranelle Ironleaf: Monkey looked up at his tree, now lit by fireflies.  "They will need someone to watch over them, though, when I am gone."  He looked down at his feathered friend.  "Perhaps when that time comes, you'll take over guardianship of this tree?"  Rooster stared up at his friend, humbled.  "I... I would be honored to look after your tree and our bright little friends.  They were the key to your happiness after so long a life, after all!"
[20:23]Syranelle Ironleaf: And so it was that the Monkey moved forward in happiness and in love.  He continued to grow old, as time took its toll, so when he came near to the end of his life he sent for his old friend the Rooster.  The finely-feathered fowl stood at his bedside, too strong and brave to weep.  "I'm here, old friend, to fulfill my promise."  Monkey looked up at him, smiling.  "Good, I have just one last thing to tell you..."
[20:25]Ryouta Sakamoto: "I love you, Rooster." Monkey croked and fell to his long sleep where he would be with the she-monkey, happily ever after... which brings us to Rooster. He sat there alone, in his new tree fort. "I suppose it's time to find someone else to help now." He cracked open an adult beverage and pondered the future.
[20:26]Ryouta Sakamoto: Rooster wasn't as popular as he made himself up to be, no, he was quite lonely and in fact had many unsavory addictions. However, helping others kept him from the bottle, and packed up his feathers and made for a new friend, the fireflies would surely watch over the sacred tree.
[20:27]Ryouta Sakamoto: Fret not, I will not leave you all empty-handed. For it was one fateful night that lead the Rooster to the bar, where he found another like he, a drunk Hen. The two of them exchanged words and interests, and this will wrap up the story of the Rooster and the Monkey.

RE: Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 2nd Thursday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-13-2017

Here's our Promotional Poster for February!
Feel free to copy-paste and use for your own blogs and sites!

[Image: tumblr_ojparcskfb1uyj2o7o1_540.jpg]