Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. (/showthread.php?tid=2911)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Xha'li Moui - 07-19-2013

(07-18-2013, 11:47 PM)C'io Behkt Wrote: -snip-
Miqo'te Nation, Smile.
 This Xha'li would have no issues joining.  Issues with a single facet of the matriarchal structure from his tribe/village don't keep him from still being proud of his heritage in general.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Nox - 07-19-2013

As I said earlier, I'll happily make and run the "Miqo'te Nation" (not the name) linkshell if the interest picks up. I have copious amounts of time on my hands, so yeah.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Imsey - 07-19-2013

(07-18-2013, 11:47 PM)C Wrote: This! I want this! Especially since I like being a Lone Wanderer, I think just having a directory of miqo'te and the tribe/family units they are from would be incredible! I think it should be a page on the wiki, though, so it is open edit and less maintenance work for you. Plus it can link to our wiki profile pages too!

And the way I see miqo'te tribes is similar to how North American tribes operated. A "tribe" is actually a huge dispersal across a vast area containing many settlements and family groups and maybe even chieftains. Miqo'te Nation, Smile.

Yeah, another sub-section of the wiki might be nice, so we can have clan and player made tribes listed there for ease of connecting Miqo'te. Or something like the linkshell forum, who knows. X] I certainly would have liked that when making Zha'li!

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Y'hmir - 07-19-2013

(07-19-2013, 12:27 AM)Nox Wrote: As I said earlier, I'll happily make and run the "Miqo'te Nation" (not the name) linkshell if the interest picks up. I have copious amounts of time on my hands, so yeah.

Although my character may be a bit of a ditz, I'd be willing to help you out if you got things up and running. I'd really like this to happen, if only because the potential rp one could get from it sounds very interesting.

Before I go dump a few hours into making something for it to fail and seem racist, everyone is okay with a race exclusive linkshell, correct?

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Clover - 07-19-2013

Question, would that Linkshell be IC or OOC? I assume it'd be OOC, for I doubt all the Miqo'te tribes are connected to one another (?). In any case, thank you very much for creating it!

Before I make a new poll (unless it's been made already and I missed it), let me know if I'm forgetting any of the most popular tribes. They're  C, X, W, L, P, K, R.

Is it alright? ^^

Even if my main is supposed to be a hyur, I'm excited about this, haha. I need to know how the tribe will work in order to finish my Miqo'te's story.

It'd be a mostly in character thing, actually. I'll just put what I have right now here. 

Show Content

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Clover - 07-19-2013

Um, that means that Miqo'tes would set their differences/rivalry aside to form a big alliance. I'm unsure, wouldn't this derail a bit from the lore?
I've heard that some Seeker Tribes might look down on any individual who has a relationship with a Keeper; I personally love conflict in RP even if I wasn't planning to take that route myself, but I don't know what everyone thinks.

In any case, I'm no Miqo'te expert and I'll adapt to what other players finally decide to do ^^
If people would prefer an IC Miqo'te alliance, then my character will be a part of it as well. Whatever happens, it'll be fun.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Xha'li Moui - 07-19-2013

Sounds good Nox, Xha'li would definitely join.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - FreelanceWizard - 07-19-2013

(07-19-2013, 10:47 AM)Clover Wrote: Um, that means that Miqo'tes would set their differences/rivalry aside to form a big alliance. I'm unsure, wouldn't this derail a bit from the lore?
I've heard that some Seeker Tribes might look down on any individual who has a relationship with a Keeper; I personally love conflict in RP even if I wasn't planning to take that route myself, but I don't know what everyone thinks.

Some might feel that way, but in the lore thread about F'lhammin, one of the devs indicates that the reason she looks the way she does might have to do with having Keeper blood in her recent genealogy, which implies that Seekers and Keepers do have relationships from time to time. To be honest, I think the major factors keeping it from being more common are the different activity schedules and the strong cultural differences (a Keeper woman would ber uninterested in being part of a Seeker nunh's "harem," while a Seeker male isn't probably going to be willing to be subservient to a Keeper woman). Also, going outside of your tribe and "shirking your duties" would probably also make you an outcast.

That said, that all really only has to do with mating relationships. In terms of friendships and unity, if there's any conflict between the clans and tribes, it's probably rooted in stereotypes (like modern RL racism by nationality). I don't think there's a large deviation in lore with this LS, and in fact I can see it being attractive due to the effects of the Calamity casting the already (by lore, anyway Smile ) rare miqo'te to the four winds. At any rate, those miqo'te who do have issues with the other clan or other tribes can handle it IC.

That said, L'yhta would totally take a pearl for this. While not a huge fan of tribal miqo'te culture (or "domesticated kitten" culture), she does believe miqo'te stand stronger together and likes people who can actually pronounce her name correctly. Smile

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Kyatai - 07-19-2013

So... is this going to be a purely Balmung LS or are there any Miqo'te going to Gilgamesh that are wanting to do this?

(07-19-2013, 12:12 PM)Kyatai Wrote: So... is this going to be a purely Balmung LS or are there any Miqo'te going to Gilgamesh that are wanting to do this?

If an offshoot of Gilgamesh players wants to make a sister LS, I'm happy to hand them everything I write.

Edit: Or help make it, even if it'd only be through the site that I could help. Seeing as what I write is very specific to my character.

Edit 2.0 : Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Rinh Hallani - 07-23-2013

Interesting linkshell, I think my miqo'te would like to join.

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - shinymogwai - 07-31-2013

I plan on playing a keeper. I have most of her direct family worked out, though it's still pretty flexible, and the character is still very much under development. I'd love to work out some relationships with her, if anyone is interested! Big Grin

RE: RPing Miqo'te Tribes. - Sini'to Shadar - 08-01-2013

Yeah, very interesting, i might join that! It'S just a bit confusing for me to keep all the linksehlls and the stuff in mind i want to join when the game finally gets out, since i can't really join anything yet...