Hydaelyn Role-Players
Sorry if this is a silly idea, but..... Couriers? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sorry if this is a silly idea, but..... Couriers? (/showthread.php?tid=3145)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Sorry if this is a silly idea, but..... Couriers? - Grinner - 07-30-2013

(07-29-2013, 04:38 AM)Khazeto Zhwan Wrote: I think this is a brilliant idea, already thinking of a number of ways that Khaze'to might use it.  

@Grinner, It would be interesting to see both groups at work, the Courier service does all the up front checks and prides themselves as being recognisable and all that goodness while if you want to have something a little suspect delivered to get in contact with the red hand. 

All in all I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out once its off the ground.  

Another point that I have just thought about, Not everyone can see the Moogles, I think I read that it was connected to the echo so what about those people then? Mognet won't work for them so it would make sense that there IS a a normal postal service.

Yes, that's what we're going for with The Red Hand. We're the ones that don't ask questions.

As one facet of the Free Company, I think it has fantastic potential to create role play opportunities and a great way to connect with other Free Companies or Link Shells.

RE: Sorry if this is a silly idea, but..... Couriers? - Castegyre - 07-30-2013

I've seen similar ideas tried before in online games. Well, I guess after about 14 years of MMOs and another 8 of text based I've seen a lot of ideas tried so I should re-word that. Tongue It's a very workable concept if the people doing it are assertive and proactive about reaching out to other role players and bringing them into the action. Including other players, reminding them you're there, and making yourself a part of some of the stories going on goes a long way. If the players who want to be couriers just wait for jobs to come to them it probably won't be successful. I think I also wouldn't make being a courier service the sole purpose, but it could be a central one publicly.

RE: Sorry if this is a silly idea, but..... Couriers? - Remx - 07-30-2013

(07-30-2013, 10:48 PM)Castegyre Wrote: I've seen similar ideas tried before in online games. Well, I guess after about 14 years of MMOs and another 8 of text based I've seen a lot of ideas tried so I should re-word that. Tongue It's a very workable concept if the people doing it are assertive and proactive about reaching out to other role players and bringing them into the action. Including other players, reminding them you're there, and making yourself a part of some of the stories going on goes a long way. If the players who want to be couriers just wait for jobs to come to them it probably won't be successful. I think I also wouldn't make being a courier service the sole purpose, but it could be a central one publicly.

Like Grinner said the courier side of RHTC is only one part of what we do.