Hydaelyn Role-Players
Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! (/showthread.php?tid=363)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Siben - 08-09-2010

I used to think things would come out of the shadow cast between my bedroom door and the wall, I don't know how many nights I used to sit up just staring at it waiting form something unspeakable to come out ><

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Axl - 08-09-2010

the scary thing about zombies, is that the way its portrayed is as being unstoppable. but take for example, in half life, there are zombies, but they are not the big worry, they are just kinda there.

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Tyriont - 08-09-2010

My plan is simple. I live in a redneck state and am a member of a medieval society. This gives me easy access to three things - guns, swords and horses.

My plan varies depending on survivors. In the event that somehow I am the only one left alive, I will retrieve the largest of our horses (I'm thinking Tex, he seems to be the most likely to do what I intend). I will load up with a shotgun, as many bullets as I can carry, molotov cocktails and two swords. I shall then find a large group of zombies. Toss the cocktails, empty the shotgun into them and then take a sword in each hand and ride the horse through, taking out as many as I can. Because in the event that I'm the last survivor I'm screwed anyway. If I'm going to go out, I'm going to do it in the most badass way possible.

Should I not be the only survivor, I gather up as many of my fellows as possible and we arm ourselves to the teeth based upon whatever an individual's specialty happens to be. We then go and hunt out other survivors, making sure to track down anyone who fills in a "dies first in a horror movie" cliche so that we increase our own odds of surviving. As the foreign jerk, I'm in quite a lot of danger myself so I will pointedly seek out jive-talking black men and grizzled old military veterans, doing everything I can to help them reconcile with their estranged child as soon as possible so their death is ensured before mine. Bonus points if I can locate an old cop who is one day from retirement.

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Kashemia - 08-09-2010

Hmm, as a blonde girl, my chances of survival could either be really high or really low. So if there were more survivors, I'd find who ever seemed most like a protagonist and go for becoming the love-interest *nods*

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Renaise - 08-09-2010

Kashemia Wrote:Hmm, as a blonde girl, my chances of survival could either be really high or really low. So if there were more survivors, I'd find who ever seemed most like a protagonist and go for becoming the love-interest *nods*

Problem is that makes you more likely to have an undetected infection and turn into a zombie at the very last minute when the protagonist thinks he is finally in the clear, then with tearful eyes he shoots you in the head and makes his way into the sunset Tongue

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Tadir - 08-09-2010

With his dog.

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Asyria - 08-09-2010

So.. who here owns Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide?
*raises hand*

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Kashemia - 08-09-2010

Renaise Wrote:Problem is that makes you more likely to have an undetected infection and turn into a zombie at the very last minute when the protagonist thinks he is finally in the clear, then with tearful eyes he shoots you in the head and makes his way into the sunset Tongue

Damn it, that is true. Then I guess I have to be the kick-ass heroine to be sure to survive...
The love-interest DO survive in a lot of movies though...

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Renaise - 08-09-2010

Asyria Wrote:So.. who here owns Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide?
*raises hand*

I do, and world war Z Smile

I, also, own both of those.

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Zyanya - 08-09-2010

Well, it wouldn't be zombie survival without a zombie... and every now and then I'm known to start feeling a bit itchy and mouldy...

Show Content

Be prepared... hungry for braaaiiinnnsss! Tongue

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Magnus - 08-09-2010

Asyria Wrote:So.. who here owns Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide?
*raises hand*

"raises hand"

A friend gave it to me along with Daniel H. Wilson's "How to survive a robot uprising."

I've never heard of that one. I feel a robot uprising would be much easier to deal with. Unless they are hardened against electromagnetic pulses then we have lots of weapons against them.

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Faust - 08-09-2010

I guess the success of the zombies depends on how the disease spreads. Anyway, I have no real survival plan. If the zombies aren't reasonably smart, fast and strong, I don't think I'll have any problems with them barehanded. But I don't have any real desire to live in a zombie world, so a quick way out would be my only plan. Acquire a gun and one bullet. Then not much different than my current plans, live happily until I die.

Re: Zombie Defense Tips n' Tricks! - Asyria - 08-09-2010

Okay, more zombie survival tips:

Tip #1:
Step 1: Be Canadian, Russian, or other such cold weather kinda folk.
Step 2: Survive until winter.
Step 3: Laugh at frozen zombies stuck in the snow.

Tip #2:
Step 1: Live in a warmer area where plants are active all year long.
Step 2: Plant a lot of them.
Step 3: Watch them kill the zombies for you.