Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Long Road Ahead - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Long Road Ahead (/showthread.php?tid=6901)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The Long Road Ahead - Zhavi - 06-04-2014

There was some hesitation when he didn't put the sword away, but soon enough a rueful grin followed: he'd be a fool to put it away, and it'd be a problem if he was one. So she closed the shutters without latching them, plunging the room back into its twilight. It didn't bother her, of course. He was the one at a disadvantage.

She made no move to close the distance between them, though she did take a couple steps inside. "Ye can call me Kink," she said, wondering how fast he could move. "Ye lookin' t'be found by Tabart's boys?"

RE: The Long Road Ahead - Melodia - 06-04-2014

"Kink" It was clearly a nickname because he'd never met a Miqo'te with a moniker like that before in his days. He didn't like twilight the room was in but figured if this woman had truly wanted him dead, she'd have done it while he slept rather than risk a scuffle by waking him. He relaxed a bit and when she asked, he shook his head. "Of course I don't want to be found. But if they want to find me, let them. I'm not afraid of them and I'm certainly not afraid of this Tabart either."

"I ain't th'only one in the city what can slip into a room quiet-like, flitter-mouse." The criticism was implicit, and Zhi intended for it to become explicit -- but her own needs came first. "I heard ye met wi'Thatcher. Ye on her rolls now?"

Her tail was lashing back and forth behind her.

He knew what she meant and shook his head. "I'm not running. Not from some thugs who decided to threaten me." He pointed at his eyepatch. "You see that? The one who did that... she didn't issue a threat. When my brother cut me and tried to kill me....he didn't issue a threat. Those people are dangerous people. I've found in my life...." He sighed and shook his head, continuing, "....the one's issuing threats are the ones not in a position to do so."

He considered her question and nodded slightly. "Aye....at least verbally agreed to. Still have to write paperwork."

Zhi grunted. Oh, there were words to be shared, all right. Her tongue fair itched with them, but she swallowed them for the moment. "What'd Tabart's lackeys tell ye?"

"The was only one. A big man on a chocobo, geared for a fight. Told me to steer clear of La Noscea and Heaven's Gate if I knew what was good for me. He told me that and rode into Ul'dah. He never gave a name, and his hat hid his face. But I'd know him again if I saw him."

He chuckled a bit, though his demeanor was still a serious one. "You can tell by my presence that I didn't much give a damn about what he had to say."

She frowned. Not as helpful as she'd hoped, but this one wasn't used to the underbelly, not from what she could see. Perhaps he would pick out the faint gleam of her teeth as his eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room. She was grinning at him, the expression carrying its own share of recklessness. "Fair. I'm movin' ye. Pack yer things."

He had caught her grin and the nature of it reminded him of faces he'd missed in Natalie and Liana. This one, Kink....another Miqo'te full of life and dangerous in her own way. The three Miqo'te women were so different and yet so similar....demanding respect and living life on their own terms.

He smiled to himself and when he heard her words, he was only confused for a moment, understanding her meaning. He began to pack his gear quietly, keeping his eye on her as he did so, still unsure of this one.

Nald'thal tip her scales and pinch her tail, the lalafell actually listened. Zhi had geared herself up for an argument, had been ready to tell him exactly what she thought of bravos who mistook idiocy for bravery or some other fool notion of honor. She was surprised. Surprised enough to find a lamp and get it lit so he wouldn't need to pack in the dark.

Zhi had found him first, and she was fair certain that the enforcers of Jaded wouldn't be prepared to deal with someone who ignored their warnings so quickly, so as far as she was concerned there was no need for secrecy. She liked making people uncomfortable, but when it turned from her own pleasure to work she chose practicality over amusement.

"What should I call ye by?" Not that she'd call him by whatever name he came up with, but such things were good to know.

She didn't offer to help.

He thanked her for the lamp, expressing it quietly as he continued to gather his gear. He looked around the room an densured nothing was left behind. He mostly wanted to ensure he hadn't forgotten his bow or his sword in the rush.

He knew that he was in a dangerous place in La Noscea and decided it would be smart to have at least one contact, one friendly face. The thought of Suri came to him and he shook his a bit to clear it. Now was not the time to sulk about her. As he sheathed the sword on the bed he looked at Kink and nodded politely. "The name's Rurutani....most call me Ruru or Ru."

"Mm, fair. Ready?" She turned to latch the windows, and hesitated. "If ye want t'carry yer sword naked yer gonna get th'kind o'eyes ye don't want on ye."

He looked at her and grimaced a bit. He took the sword and wrapped it in his bag. She was right...he didn't need to draw unnecessary attention to himself. Nor to Grace. And not to this woman, Kink. He realized he needed his cowl and threw it on drawing the hood over his head to conceal his face and nodded. "Aye. I'm ready."

Window latched, Zhi went to the door. Quick enough to unlock it, then she was out and holding it for Rurutani. She didn't offer to help him carry. "Ye paid up?"

He nodded as he passed her quietly. "Aye...I'm good. I'll follow your lead." He paused and turned to her. "Wanted to say...well, thank you. I know you're just doing your job.....but thank you."

He turned and continued toward the front of the inn.

The words hit her cold. She ignored them, a different thank you echoing in her head as she shut the door and took the lead.

She had to be quick. She really didn't have more than a bell, but she knew it was going to take longer than that all the same. Pre-dawn there weren't very many options -- and that was why she'd hitched a ride out to meet him once Chirp had located him for her. That merchant was still offloading, but there was another or two preparing to make the daily trip in to Limsa's markets.

Zhi paid out a tip to allow them to cling to the back of the cart, and then gestured for him to get on. "C'mon, we're goin' t'the city."