Hydaelyn Role-Players
Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=7595)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Oscare - 07-09-2014

Meandering his way through the poor man's streets next to the Pearl Lane, Oscare took a glance at both directions. It's sickening to see how the busiest street of the city doesn't even bat an eye towards this slump. These thoughts prompted Oscare to spit at the general direction towards Pearl Lane.

Until a voice boomed and rung his ears.

"EVERYONE IS A WINNER!" The sound almost echoed in the open city walls -- an impressive feat. Shoving hands down his pockets, Oscare slips his way out of the slump streets into rich people neighborhood, checking what's up with all the commotion. 

Just a boring old raffle for some trip to Bronze Lake. Not worth it. Oscare thinks to himself, studying the passing citizens.

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 09:39 PM)Oscare Wrote: Just a boring old raffle for some trip to Bronze Lake. Not worth it. Oscare thinks to himself, studying the passing citizens.

The lalafellin merchant continues chanting for attention. "COME ONE, COME ALL! Everyone's a winner!"

"We've had so many /fabulous/ winners today! Trips to the Bronze Lake, a resort in the Forgotten Springs, tickets to our eating content held soon, AND SO. MANY. MORE!" He dances around for attention.

"Why you Ser! Tall, dark and highlander. Won't you give it a try? It's only 100 gil, and as I've said, EVERYONE'S A WINNER!"

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-10-2014

"It was a joke Kage!" She smiles and shakes her head at him, "As if anyone else besides you would put up with me."

Natalie walks over and grabs Kage's hand, then grab's Porkchop's with her other hand. She pulls the two closer and holds their hands together with her own. "That was a lot of words Porkchop. So many words the beginning words spilled out to make room for the later ones, so I'm not really sure exactly what you were saying. But it seems you and Kage have a history."

She pups their hands up and down as if it was a shake, then grips it incredibly, tightly, her smile widening into something feral and dark, "But I'm not going to let it ruin this hotspring trip." Her nails dig into their hands, "So are you two going to be friends? Or will I have to initiate friendship making plan B?"

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Elyscia - 07-10-2014

(07-09-2014, 08:13 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Warren seemed almost amused at how easily the girl latched onto the topic.

"Victory? He loves baths! I don't know if he'd like it here, though. No bubbles. Well, no soap bubbles. I think he likes to pretend he's a coeurl." He gave a small grin, folding his arms over his chest. "Or a crab."

"Ah crab? Why's ah crab? Ah'v no seen a coeurl but are they no'-like all mean 'n' rough 'n' shite? Victory is nae any o' that! He wis nae 'round me 'least! If yer 'round Limsa come t'me work - ah work wae takin' care ah choc'bos 'n' ah'd bloody gie Victory th'best bleedin' bubbly bath he'd ever 'av!"

Elyscia brightly smiles in thought of making a bubble-beard on Warren's chocobo, and she waddles through the water, making sure that she doesn't expose any skin below her chin until she's only a few fulms away from the giant highlander man, and speaking as she makes the journey.

"Dae ah still get t'ride Victory? Y'said ah could las' time we met ea'chother.. that wis bloody ages ago... S'Miss Nannybee mad at'cha 'n' all?"

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Warren Castille - 07-10-2014

Warren shakes the thought of this teensy miqo'te girl sudsing up his chocobo. He'd heard stories of Brass Blades taking their mounts in for a wash just to leer at the cute girls doing the deed and felt a knot of revulsion in his gut.

"You've never seen a crab bubble up into a frothy mess? It's a strange sight to see. I swear, that 'bo of mine thinks he's anything EXCEPT a chocobo. Part crab, part auroch, part train."

He watches her float towards him, just a face above the water with a shimmery body beneath the surface and laughs at the absurdity of it.

"I haven't actually ever met Nanabe. All of my work with her was through Ul'dah. I hope things turned out alright for her. Regarding Victory, though, if you wanted to you can still ride him. He'll probably go a lot easier with you on his back, though. He's a gentleman when it comes to kids and women."

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Kage - 07-10-2014

Kage blinked just a tiny bit incredulously before smiling at Natalie. He turned to face 'Porkchop' with a less hostile expression before sighing.

"So what shall I call you? I can't call you 'Merc' or 'Porkchop' and there is no way on Hydaelyn that I would call you 'Frhanz'."

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-10-2014

In a jokingly, but absolutely serious tone, "As long as it isn't 'porkchop'.... I /still/ have no idea how she arrived at that." On a lighter note, "Besides, I think 'Merc' gets by just fine. And while 'Frhanz', all sounds pronounced, is out of the question, I can't help but turn around when someone says it. What about just 'Franz', or if I were to make a proper Garlean name, 'Franz nil Renatus', the title probably means nothing to the two of you, but until I can find out more of my past, I'll use the name of the man that changed my life, and the name of the damned thing that brought me here."

Making a small, but comforting smile, "I'm not sure if 'friends' is the right term to use here, but it would be nice to not be enemies. I'll leave that you you. I know I've caused a lot of pain, and I want to make amends for it. Besides, I'm sure you could find a use for me. Even if it's a punching bag." He smirked. "that last encounter was pretty.....bad. Your punches could use some work."

Could they get along? He was almost old enough to have been their parents' age, putting racial differences aside. His daughter....if she and her mother were still alive, how old would she be? He couldn't even recall her name, nor anything about her. The pain of a forgotten memory reminded him of what he was now. Merc was still aware of the darkness within himself, and this could be a path to redemption. He wouldn't deny the feeling that he was still a weapon himself, and at a certain hyuran woman's back and call, he would have to act. He wondered just how much of his recent events she knew, but it was safer to assume she had eyes everywhere, or possibly, within him. He didn't know. But that would be a problem for later. 

They were here to relax and forget about the worries of life. To live in the moment for a change. And he planned to do just that.

Trying to wiggle his hand out of Natalie's grasp so they could shake on Kage's terms, he waited. If they could get past this, it would be better for the both of them.

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-10-2014

Natalie grins and lets go of their hands. "Good! I'm going to go change, you two should figure things out."

She skips out of the room, "~Hot Springs~"

"Aye, well ah'm no' a wain or ah woman, ah still feel like ah wee lassie!" She giggles, making her damp fringe fall over her eyes, but she didn't bother fixing it. Elyscia's hair had grown very long since Warren last saw her many moons ago - in fact, the young miqo'te looked different in-general: flowing, firey-red locks floated in the water, and though she retained her childish mentality and demeanour, it could be seen from her eyes, or perhaps the slight increase in her confidence around others, and loss of babyfat in her face cheeks that she was turning and growing into a fine young lady. Or something.

"Ah'm still wantin' t'ride Victory! Ah'v no ridin' one b'fore! Yer really no' s'pose t'ride other folks' choc'bos at me work, but ah bloody wanna so bleedin' much! Oh, 'n' bloody Hells... Miss Nannybee was fuckin' real mad at me.. fer ditchin' th'caravan thing.. but wis all her fault fer .. whit happened.." Her voice went lower towards the end, and she trailed off - her expression stern and distant.

Until she thought about something, and instantly perked-up, laughing as she spoke.

"S'that mean yer a crab, Mist'r Warden? You blew ah shite load'ah bubbles jus' there!"

Warren furrowed his brow when she trailed off from youthful optimism and excitement to dour and upset. She brightened suddenly and he seemed to be caught off guard, laughing at the implication.

"I've probably been called a crab at one point or another in my career. I was just trying to play along, really." He looked away, consciously aware of the flush in his cheeks. He didn't realize his playfulness was going to be noticed by someone who he's used to being serious around.

"At any rate, next time you're in Ul'dah we can work something out. You'll need to be careful, though. He's used to carrying my heavy self around, armor and all. He might take to the air with someone so light on his back. Or he'll forget to go, since he won't notice you." He grinned, the image of a flying chocobo with a screaming miqo'te hanging on for dear life striking him like some sort of fairytale.

Elyscia squeals and both her hands erupt from the water so she could excitedly clap them together, effectively splashing the man's face. But her excitement quickly blanked as she tilted her head to one side in thought whilst looking at him,

"But ah'v no' 'ny reason t'really go back tae Ul'dah... Ul'dah's ah shite hole!" She grumbles out, mimicking his loosely crossed arms.

"Ah only go back tae Ul'dah when ah need t'go see me Doctor... Ah'm goin' straight back hame t'Limsa aftah this." Her ears press down against the side of her head again as she pouts. "Ah'm still workin' real hard 'til ah can buy me own choc'bo - ah fancy havin' ah best friend-like."

RE: Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome) - Kage - 07-10-2014

Kage watched Natalie leave fondly, a gentle smile on his face as she skipped out. He turned to the Highlander with a more serious but angered look. He ran a hand through his hair after briefly removing his beret to do so.

The Miqo'te slowly but surely lifted his own hand to grasp the inside of the Garlean's forearm. He shook his head and murmured, "You can't always be known as just something, not just some-one-. You need to be a person... Franz."

He let go after giving the grip a slight squeeze before picking his bag again. He headed to a different room to change into the lighter, clean, shorts material to wear in the hot springs.

Warren frowned again, considering the diminutive girl in front of him.

"The Jewel might not be all She used to be, but there's a lot of good folks working real hard to improve that. How about the next time you visit your doc you come by and we'll get you some fresh air from Victory's saddle? Works wonders whenever I'm feeling under the weather, you know. Hells, bring the doctor, maybe he'll agree it'll help you."

A brow lifted and she gave him an amused look, "She! Are ya 'llowed t'ask if they can go out choc'bo ridin' wae ya?.. Me Doctor's ah real nice lady - ah wee bit tae fancy, no' th'sorta folk ah'd be 'round; ah don' ken much elezen.. but she's like always busy-like. She only talks t'me 'bout how ah'm feelin' 'n' she keeps smilin'... s'ah wee bit weird sometimes."

Ending in a slight shrug, she continues on, "Ah don' come back tae Ul'dah 'til like end o' th'moon or somethin', anyways. S'wee bit o' ah while off."

A light went on in the back parts of Warren's mind and he wondered for a moment... Nah, couldn't be.

"Well, you know where to find me. I'm never anywhere in the city if I'm not holding up that pillar in the Quicksand. Place'd fall down without me, I swear." He gives a proud, humorous grin and puffs his chest out for a moment before letting his arms slack and sinking back into the pool. His expression turned inquisitive.

"What're you doing out there, anyway? It's not like you to be off alone willingly. What if I was anybody else?"