Hydaelyn Role-Players
Lore panel answers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Lore panel answers (/showthread.php?tid=8695)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Lore panel answers - Sounsyy - 10-18-2014

(10-18-2014, 11:34 PM)Merri Wrote:
(10-18-2014, 11:21 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: While the Temple of Qarn supposedly existed in the 5th Astral Era

Belah'dia was actually a 6th Astral Era civilization, so Qarn wasn't around during the 5th Astral Era. Belah'dia was, however, a nation formed by the descendants of the black mage civilization that existed during the 5th Astral Era. There's a tie there, but Belah'dia did not exist during the war of the magi. :>

Belah'dia was 6AE, yes. Qarn, however, is older.

Qarn Dungeon Text Wrote:...Though used by ancient Belah'dians as a place to worship the sun goddess, Azeyma, portions of the massive underground structure appear to be far older than this Sixth Astral Era civilization. That, however, did not deter Belah'dian sultans from each adding their own chambers to the original construct in a bid to achieve immortality through creation...

Sightseeing #61 Wrote:#61 - The Sunken Temple of Qarn
Most scholars of ancient Belah'dian civilization claim this twisting labyrinth of complex chambers to be a place of worship dedicated to the sun goddess, Azeyma. Recent diggings, however, have uncovered older chambers buried beneath the new containing relics not of the Sixth Astral Era, suggesting that the temple may have been built by a different people.

Belah'dia was built by the survivors of the 5th Umbral Calamity over the ruins of the civilization that existed in the 5th Astral Era to which the Temple of Qarn belonged according to Fernehalwes in today's lore panel. (Fernehalwes said he didn't know what the name of this 5AE nation was though.)

RE: Lore panel answers - Merri - 10-19-2014

(10-18-2014, 11:55 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Belah'dia was built by the survivors of the 5th Umbral Calamity over the ruins of the civilization that existed in the 5th Astral Era to which the Temple of Qarn belonged according to Fernehalwes in today's lore panel. (Fernehalwes said he didn't know what the name of this 5AE nation was though.)

Ah, right, right. Conversely, might also not be 5AE, or at all related to the black mage civilization if it was ruins from 5AE. Could have been either earlier, or a different group of people all together that had no relation to Amdapor or the Black Mages. We just know that it was built prior by some one, not by who. Unless I misheard the panel. Think he was saying that the remnants of the civilization created Belah'dia and subsequently took control of Qarn. That alone seemed to imply it wasn't the black mages who originally made Qarn in 5AE.

Interesting stuff either way.

RE: Lore panel answers - Sounsyy - 10-19-2014

(10-19-2014, 12:09 AM)Merri Wrote: Ah, right, right. Conversely, might also not be 5AE, or at all related to the black mage civilization if it was ruins from 5AE. Could have been either earlier, or a different group of people all together that had no relation to Amdapor or the Black Mages. We just know that it was built prior by some one, not by who. Unless I misheard the panel. Think he was saying that the remnants of the civilization created Belah'dia and subsequently took control of Qarn. That alone seemed to imply it wasn't the black mages who originally made Qarn in 5AE.

Yeah, entirely possible that Qarn pre-dates even the 5th Astral Era and the anonymous Black Mage nation simply built Belah'dia up around Qarn cuz it was old and perty and probably had some dark secrets. We don't know. Although, if Qarn was 4AE, that'd be really frikkin old temple. 4000 years or so.

In either case, still highly unlikely you'd find a White Mage soulstone there of all places. Amdapor was the nation of White Mages. You'd be much more likely finding a soulstone in Amdapor or at the bottom of the Rootslake. Based on Fernehalwes' answer stating there were certain other parties in the Shroud (I sense Lambs of Dalamud return!) using nefarious methods to resurrect Succor, I'm sure more lore on the subject will come to light in 3.0.

RE: Lore panel answers - Kailia - 10-19-2014

(10-19-2014, 12:25 AM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(10-19-2014, 12:09 AM)Merri Wrote: Ah, right, right. Conversely, might also not be 5AE, or at all related to the black mage civilization if it was ruins from 5AE. Could have been either earlier, or a different group of people all together that had no relation to Amdapor or the Black Mages. We just know that it was built prior by some one, not by who. Unless I misheard the panel. Think he was saying that the remnants of the civilization created Belah'dia and subsequently took control of Qarn. That alone seemed to imply it wasn't the black mages who originally made Qarn in 5AE.

Yeah, entirely possible that Qarn pre-dates even the 5th Astral Era and the anonymous Black Mage nation simply built Belah'dia up around Qarn cuz it was old and perty and probably had some dark secrets. We don't know. Although, if Qarn was 4AE, that'd be really frikkin old temple. 4000 years or so.

In either case, still highly unlikely you'd find a White Mage soulstone there of all places. Amdapor was the nation of White Mages. You'd be much more likely finding a soulstone in Amdapor or at the bottom of the Rootslake. Based on Fernehalwes' answer stating there were certain other parties in the Shroud (I sense Lambs of Dalamud return!) using nefarious methods to resurrect Succor, I'm sure more lore on the subject will come to light in 3.0.

Thanks for that info. So looks like I need to make some corrections to my chars history so it fits lore lol

edit: looking over my notes, turns out I actually had left how she got the soul stone open ended. So rather than Qarn, gonna say she found it at the bottom of rootslake.

RE: Lore panel answers - Kage - 10-19-2014

(10-18-2014, 08:12 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Age scales? How long do they live?
-five races biologically live similar life spans as real world. 100-120 possible. But because Eorzea is so harsh, it’s much less likely for someone to live out their full life expectancy. BLM lalafell IS an exception to the rule. Elezen have slightly extended lifespan from other FOUR races. Childhood for elezen lasts longer than others.
Oh ok~ This is very good to know. So the BLM lalafell that is in the job quest is definitely the exception.

One thing I took from Lore Panel.

I have Koji Fox to thank for Nald'Thal being a dual entity because he wanted to use the phrase "Thal's Balls" Big Grin

RE: Lore panel answers - Sounsyy - 10-19-2014

I updated my first post with the Q&A from Aetheryte Radio's Interview with Fernehalwes after the Lore Panel! If you're sad that your question didn't get answered on the lore panel! Do NOT miss this! Because Aetheryte Radio does a great job of going back and getting some of those tough questions answered!

Do the days of the week have names? Yes! What's the difference between Primals and Elder Primals? Yes! Is Eynzahr Slafyrsyn Sultana Nanamo's real father? Maybe!

Show Content

RE: Lore panel answers - Kellach Woods - 10-19-2014

My body is ready for more Diabolos.

RE: Lore panel answers - ProvaDiServo - 10-19-2014

Quote:Atomos? Labyrinth of the Ancients?
-Atomos kept getting pushed back. There are plans to have quest for Atomos. Void and rifts open between planes. Planes in constant state of flux, so when they get close sometimes tears occur naturally. But can be opened by magic or beasts. Atomos wants to consume aether, and he can sense rifts. When rifts happen, Atomos is first to go through and suck up as much aether as possible.

Most interested in this.

RE: Lore panel answers - Kage - 10-19-2014

Wait so Telediji is not from the Ul but is he still considered "royalty"? SPOILERS?

IS HE FROM thE SIL?

RE: Lore panel answers - Seriphyn - 10-19-2014

(10-19-2014, 10:45 AM)Kage Wrote: Wait so Telediji is not from the Ul but is he still considered "royalty"? SPOILERS?

IS HE FROM thE SIL?

I don't think "Prince" in the context of Ul'dah means a direct relative of the sovereign (child, sibling, uncle etc). In this context it is "Merchant prince", I think.

RE: Lore panel answers - Aduu Avagnar - 10-19-2014

I would have to agree with kale here

RE: Lore panel answers - Bumo - 10-19-2014

(10-18-2014, 08:12 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Lore about conflicts between Hyur and Elezen?
-Tension between races because bloody history between them. They never made up but put aside their issues. They don't really like each. They just put up with each other because common enemy. In beginning of the 6AE the Elezen migrated back in, then hyur migrated and tried to take Elezen lands. Clashing and moving apart - gets ingrained in their society. Lalafell will rise on occasion and attack other races, for example. In 3.0 we will have half-races. But they are treated different. Quest will come to explain.

The most adorable uprising!

RE: Lore panel answers - LiadansWhisper - 10-19-2014

I don't think they've ever said the soulstone actually makes you a White Mage.  Yeah, it serves an in-game mechanic, but in the storyline itself, the soulstone is not what makes you a White Mage.  It simply tells Raya-O that A-Towa has chosen you as his successor.

RE: Lore panel answers - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-19-2014

(10-19-2014, 05:45 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: I don't think they've ever said the soulstone actually makes you a White Mage.  Yeah, it serves an in-game mechanic, but in the storyline itself, the soulstone is not what makes you a White Mage.  It simply tells Raya-O that A-Towa has chosen you as his successor.

I think what they meant in the answer is that the Elementals granting permission of Succor is not the only source of White Magic. ...since White Magic doesn't imply healing or being "good"

RE: Lore panel answers - Chillsmack - 10-19-2014

(10-19-2014, 05:45 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: I don't think they've ever said the soulstone actually makes you a White Mage.  Yeah, it serves an in-game mechanic, but in the storyline itself, the soulstone is not what makes you a White Mage.  It simply tells Raya-O that A-Towa has chosen you as his successor.

^This.

I personally hate the use of soul stones in the game world for this very reason: the moment they showed up I just knew people were going to use them in RP like "henshin-devices" that immediately upon finding grant you magical superpowers...

On a lighter note, though, I'm glad to have more answers about fairies! I always wondered what exactly they were and now it's good to know (though I do want more details about them)