Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.5 Sneak Preview - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 2.5 Sneak Preview (/showthread.php?tid=9665)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview WITH NO ONE INSULTED IN CAPS - Kage - 01-14-2015

But but but don't you want a cute tiny tanku?

Or an adorable ball of flames?

Maybe a cute popoto with its fairy?

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview WITH NO ONE INSULTED IN CAPS - Warren Castille - 01-15-2015

Someone on BlueGartr translated the JP press release. There's, uh, major spoilers in it.

Show Content

Link to the post is here.

English translation is here, for posterity.

Show Content

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/special/2_5_Before_the_Fall/

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview WITH NO ONE INSULTED IN CAPS - Kage - 01-15-2015

IT'S POSSIBLE THAT HAPPENS IN 2.55?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview - Seriphyn - 01-15-2015

Whaaat? Pff

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview - Steel Wolf - 01-15-2015

Well it was BOUND to happen. Ul'dah was splitting at the seams.

If it means I get to chop ALL the Brass Blade face, then I'll be freakin' delighted.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview - Kage - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 12:08 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Well it was BOUND to happen.  Ul'dah was splitting at the seams.

If it means I get to chop ALL the Brass Blade face, then I'll be freakin' delighted.
So mean to the many Brass Blades who are legit :/ Poor Fufulupa ; ;

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 12:08 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Well it was BOUND to happen.  Ul'dah was splitting at the seams.

*Backs away slowly*

Franz is Garlean. And likes his stolen-from-a-blade sollerets. Seems like a perfect target. /sweat

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview - Kage - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 12:20 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

*Backs away slowly*

Franz is Garlean. And likes his stolen-from-a-blade sollerets. Seems like a perfect target. /sweat
... Is he still wearing those?

They're not very nice looking.

IT'S BECAUSE THEY'D NEVER DROP FOR ME AGAIN ISN'T IT

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 12:24 PM)Kage Wrote:
(01-15-2015, 12:20 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

*Backs away slowly*

... Is he still wearing those?

They're not very nice looking.

IT'S BECAUSE THEY'D NEVER DROP FOR ME AGAIN ISN'T IT

He does, from time to time. I have a few more outfit than his default red tabard these days.

(Tabard is still his favorite though)

/pat ...when I went into WP the last two times, they dropped. :<

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview - Steel Wolf - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 12:20 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: *Backs away slowly*

O___O

...well, Steel doesn't know Franz yet, so. <333

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview - Seriphyn - 01-15-2015

So much Brass Blade hate...they're not inherently corrupt, just that lorewise they are paid by clients, not on salary.

You know, I bet they're more competent than the Yellowjackets, at least if we were to go by the concept that Ul'dah doesn't need a band of vigilantes to keep order...

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview - Berrod Armstrong - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 01:16 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: So much Brass Blade hate...they're not inherently corrupt, just that lorewise they are paid by clients, not on salary.

You know, I bet they're more competent than the Yellowjackets, at least if we were to go by the concept that Ul'dah doesn't need a band of vigilantes to keep order...
It's why I enjoy the Brass Blades more than the other two. They're in the pocket of the monetarists, so they have so much more room for...rottenness. It makes them interesting, it makes them fallible, and I love that.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview - Warren Castille - 01-15-2015

Let's be honest; in a world of do-gooding adventurers, there's a certain bit of satisfaction that comes from triumphing over dirty cops.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview - Telluride - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 01:35 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
(01-15-2015, 01:16 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: So much Brass Blade hate...they're not inherently corrupt, just that lorewise they are paid by clients, not on salary.

It's why I enjoy the Brass Blades more than the other two. They're in the pocket of the monetarists, so they have so much more room for...rottenness. It makes them interesting, it makes them fallible, and I love that.

And they are set up that way, very obviously, and from the very beginning of the game - the opening video for all new Thanalanian characters.

SE is very determined to make us dislike them, and that, yes, makes them useful.

However, it doesn't always explain how Raubahn doesn't personally pick one or two of them to pummel within an inch of his life, on occasion, for when the Monetarists might occasionally forget that the Flames are not indispensable.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview - Aris - 01-15-2015

Moved post to thank you thread, I'm not sure if it's off topic here
But thanks everyone who came along and helped Steel and I with our relics yesterday <3