Hydaelyn Role-Players
Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (2/27/2015 IS GREENLIT) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (2/27/2015 IS GREENLIT) (/showthread.php?tid=9812)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Inessa Hara - 02-06-2015

Tonight's event was a bust I think. Barely anyone showed up. Was there for like 2 and a half hours early.

Flynt bro. We need you here, otherwise it aint friday night fisticuffs yo.

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Hyakki - 02-07-2015

(02-06-2015, 11:48 PM)Inessa Hara Wrote: Tonight's event was a bust I think. Barely anyone showed up. Was there for like 2 and a half hours early.

For some reason it wasn't posted in the upcoming events listing. Still an okay turn out, though. The second round just started.

(Go, Jack go!)

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Flashhelix - 02-07-2015

(02-06-2015, 11:48 PM)Inessa Hara Wrote: Tonight's event was a bust I think. Barely anyone showed up. Was there for like 2 and a half hours early.

We must've gone to different events, because the one I went to proceeded just fine, decent turnout too.

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Enla - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 01:24 AM)Flashhelix Wrote:

We must've gone to different events, because the one I went to proceeded just fine, decent turnout too.
Same, not as large as last time mind you but there was enough there to make it worthwhile. I think Edda did a fairly good job all things considered.

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Inessa Hara - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 01:38 AM)Cylin Wrote:

Same, not as large as last time mind you but there was enough there to make it worthwhile. I think Edda did a fairly good job all things considered.
What ward did you guys go to? I was in ward 8 of the Goblet all the way up till 20 minutes out.

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - ChewableMorphine - 02-07-2015

I'm trying I'm trying, cut me some slack, I have a job I need to work at. It's still a budding event, so don't expect Grindstone quality so soon. I'm trying to establish a regular set of backup hosts to cover in case I cannot attend. Anyways:

UPDATE!
2/7/2015

[Image: guppJbf.jpg]

I wish I knew what the hell happened! All I do know, as a matter of fact, is that Chrys beat Quiki in a harrowing 2-2(?) match! However, Chrys walked home with the Nana Bear, but Ibar still hold the title of Fisticuffs Champion! Will anybody bring him down? I'm too lazy to try myself, so GET ON IT!

[Image: lmOBLIH.jpg]

On an OOC note, please do remember that I bust my ass trying to make time for Fisticuffs, so I can't always promise that my character can host it. Like really though, you'd be amazed how hard I try to snake off shifts on Friday nights to do this. I try to compensate by pitching better prizes, so I apologize for any dissatisfaction. I'm constantly thinking of new ways to improve the event and maximize the shenanigans. Thanks for sticking around, all, and see you next Friday!

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Enla - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 01:42 AM)Inessa Hara Wrote:
(02-07-2015, 01:38 AM)Cylin Wrote:

What ward did you guys go to? I was in ward 8 of the Goblet all the way up till 20 minutes out.
Ward 8, most people honestly didn't show up until RIGHT as it started and even them more showed up a bit after.

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Desu Nee - 02-12-2015

I wonder if Flynt will be late again. Not sure if Quki will be able to attend this week, she got her hands full with a friend kidnapped and a haunted doll.

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Inessa Hara - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 09:48 AM)Desu Nee Wrote: I wonder if Flynt will be late again. Not sure if Quki will be able to attend this week, she got her hands full with a friend kidnapped and a haunted doll.
SPOOPY

Also, Flynt, I was wondering if I could set up the event on the Calander for this site for you? It would make it easier for everyone to see that it is happening.

EDIT: Nevermind, you got it.

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Y'lani - 02-12-2015

This sounds so fun! I'll try to make it next time. Big Grin

EDIT: sizing was being weird.

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Azureus Scipio - 02-12-2015

I missed the last one, but the pint-sized ninja will be at this Fridays one

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Seye Qhesu - 02-12-2015

Auri will be there to help heal as promised!

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - ChewableMorphine - 02-12-2015

Edda's gonna be dealing with this friday again, I got shit to do, such is life. Sorry.

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Oli! - 02-14-2015

Hey folks! Oli here.

So! While this week's FNF was successful, as you might have noticed, it was not very smooth. The problem is that since this is a relatively new event, there was no odd-number contingency in place as of tonight.

Whoops.

However, we will be talking about ways to fix that. The simplest would be to turn people away if things can't break down nicely from round to round, but ideally, we'll be able to come up with a fair way that also avoids that. We'll see.

One last thing! In the event that uneasy decisions crop up (like tonight), please try to keep the /yell channel open for host use, since things get really confusing and crowded as a result. That's not to say that we don't want you to contribute however, just please try to do it in either /say, or send us a direct message so that you can be totally sure that things get to us.

That's about it! Sorry again about the hiccups tonight. We'll have things nice and ship-shape in case this happens again.

RE: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (+Updates) - Bopdoot - 02-14-2015

It was my first time, and I had a lot of fun! 

I think Oli is right, though.  Maybe there should be a predetermined number of people allowed per night to ensure that the brackets break down appropriately?  Also maybe we could employ an "automatically forfeit" for situations where it seems like someone has AFKd so that the competition does not have to stop and wait for the next post.  I think this happened to a few people last night.

Other than that I really liked the /random roll system.  And I couldn't be happier to have Amelia bust her gums open on Auriaune's fist XD.  I definitely want to come next week Smile