Hydaelyn Role-Players
The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) (/showthread.php?tid=12926)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) - Telluride - 10-15-2015

(10-15-2015, 08:23 PM)Leanne Wrote: Entering shots contest and pie contest! Gotta eat 'em all!

Gonna enter the herald's challenge? You get to represent yourself, since you are competing in the other events.

RE: The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) - Leanne - 10-16-2015

(10-15-2015, 08:48 PM)Telluride Wrote:
(10-15-2015, 08:23 PM)Leanne Wrote: Entering shots contest and pie contest! Gotta eat 'em all!

Gonna enter the herald's challenge? You get to represent yourself, since you are competing in the other events.

Suppose it doesn't hurt? Although Leanne sucks at self promoting xP

RE: The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) - Star Lin - 10-16-2015

So as of right now, I'm on vacation.  I'll be there on Kestlona and John (switching between the two, depending on who is on at the time).  I was thinking of throwing John at Clio's mercy with the shot competition but he'll be healing at Grindstone later that night so it wouldn't do for him to be drunk/sick.

RE: The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) - Erik Mynhier - 10-17-2015

Here we are the Festival is today. And I know its late in the game but rl has been taking me to the woodshed this week.

Here's our scheduled
Pie Eating Contest: 4pm
Bard Challenge: 6pm
The Joust: 8pm

See you all there.

RE: The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) - FreelanceWizard - 10-17-2015

I wish I could come but... I have a LARP today. Blush

RE: The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) - Telluride - 10-17-2015

Herald's Challenge is at 6pm EST - All you professional performers, roustabouts, attention mongers, divas and vocal extroverts, be there!

RE: The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) - PhantasticPanda - 10-17-2015

Aww damn, I regret to say this but I'll have to bow out the Bard's Challenge with my lil bard-mage this time around. I can't make that one for sure. Should be able to make the pie and jousting one though. So cross out Zanzan Yanzan from the Bard's Challenge. But good luck to the others!

RE: The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) - Nadine Marteau - 10-17-2015

If it's not too late, I would like to register for the pie eating and shots contests.

RE: The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) - Kilid/Torhe - 10-17-2015

Just finished uploading screenshots from the Sunny Seaside Bar that was held at the Festival tonight!  From what we saw up above, it looked (And looks, 'cause it's still going on) great fun!  A huge thanks for letting us shift the bar across the seas for a night, and an equally huge thanks to everyone that came to visit us up atop the cliff-side view. It was great seeing some new faces at the bar, and awesome seeing some old ones in a new location!

Show Content

RE: The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) - Telluride - 10-17-2015

Congrats to Ciciru Ciru, Leanne Delphium, Khuja'sae Fashonti, and Odette Saoirse for rocking the Herald's Challenge and walking off richer, making us richer in spirit in the process.

RE: The First Annual Flame Festival (Changes to Location and Bard Challenge) - Kasumi - 10-17-2015

I had an absolute blast, even if I had to AFK after the pie bit. 

Can't wait to hear about the Starlight Ball! Thank you again!

Herald's Challenge Results, RE: The First Annual Flame Festival - Telluride - 10-19-2015

Thanks to Koporo's dutiful log-keeping, we present to you the performances of the Flame Festival's Herald's Challenge.

Note that in posting this, we announce Jancis Milburga as the winner of the Pie-Eating contest, and popular subject for our heralds. Jancis, this one's going to follow you, my dear.

(Advertisements for Toff Vaughn's libations and specialty drinks included, because... bards. That's what we like.)

Part 1: Introduction and First Contestant - Ciciru Ciru
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[16:53]Nathan Telluride: cups his hands around his mouth."Heralds, bards, ladies and gentles! The Herald's Challenge begins shortly! If I could call all of our heralds to me at the center of the pavilion to be recognized, and to prepare to be heard?"

[16:56]Nathan Telluride: (please send me a /tell if you are competing as a herald and I have not already acknowledged you)

[16:56]Toff Vaughnn: "Ladies and Gents. Sorry to be oflate arrival but, If ye are thirst and want some specialized poisons (alcohol), please don't be shy. I'll be be to the side of the main events. Just look for the Blue Bird."

[16:59]Nathan Telluride: (Last call for the Herald's challenge! We have four competing Herald acts, and room for more! Send me a /tell if you wish to compete!)

[17:02]Toff Vaughnn: "To those who have a thirst that even Leviathan can't quell come on over to try the special brews I have brought to this lovely gathering. Just look for the Limsan Blue Bird."

[17:05]Nathan Telluride: "Welcome to the Herald's Challenge! We have four declared Heralds today, who will brag of their champions, be they others or themselves, and you, the audience, are called after the show to choose the winners!"

[17:06]Nathan Telluride: "And I may need my own herald to help..." He pets the kitten at his feet. "I will call up each herald, who will have 3-5 minutes for the presentation. When you are called up, please tell the crowd who you are, who you represent, and then brag and boast on that person for our entertainment!"

[17:08]Nathan Telluride: "First, we have a petite and potent herald to start us off!" He looks at Ciceru. "Please, step up and tell all!"

[17:09]Ciciru Ciru: "My name is Ciciru Ciru an' I'm gonna tell a limerick about Jancis, the Pie-Eatin' Queen!"

[17:09]Ciciru Ciru: "There was a good woman named Jancis,"

[17:09]Ciciru Ciru: "Who admired the jousters and lances"

[17:10]Ciciru Ciru: But when she heard about pie,"

[17:10]Ciciru Ciru: "Sign me up!" she did cry!

[17:10]Ciciru Ciru: "Her small size, though, drew snickerin' glances.'

[17:10]Ciciru Ciru: " This vision in blue we call Jancis?"

[17:10]Ciciru Ciru: Well no pie could resist her advances!"

[17:10]Ciciru Ciru: " She picked savory and sweet,"

[17:10]Ciciru Ciru: "they all went down a treat!"

[17:10]Ciciru Ciru: " but with curry she didn't take chances."

[17:11]Ciciru Ciru: "This pie-eatin' queen known as Jancis"

[17:11]Ciciru Ciru: " Ate them pies til she bursted her pantses!"

[17:11]Ciciru Ciru: " Fruit, chocolate an' cream,"

[17:11]Ciciru Ciru: "Was a pie-contest's dream!"

[17:11]Ciciru Ciru: " So off with her prize kitten she prances. So off with her prize kitten she prances!"

[17:11]Ciciru Ciru: THE END!

Herald's Challenge Results, RE: The First Annual Flame Festival - Telluride - 10-19-2015

Part II: Our second performer, a wonderful fixture in the bard community, Leanne Delphium.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[17:12]Nathan Telluride: "Wonderful! What a start!"

[17:13]Nathan Telluride: "And another comely lass to catch our eyes and ears!" He beckons to Leanne.

[17:14]★Leanne Delphium: "Hello! My name is Leanne Delphium! And pardon the arrogance, I will sing about...myself." she giggles before tapping the well under her with her feet, creating a little humorous tempo.

[17:14]★Leanne Delphium: ♪There is a girl with glowing eyes, with a pretty attire and of step spry! ♪

[17:14]★Leanne Delphium: ♪She came to eat like a beast, to drink until death like her last feast! ♪

[17:14]★Leanne Delphium: ♪ She was leased to sing here, she was allowed to make you all hear! ♪

[17:15]★Leanne Delphium: ♪She's gonna fun with this, learning to brag and sing and kiss! ♪

[17:15]★Leanne Delphium: ♪ There is a girl with a fancy hat, with a bright smile and a strange mind! ♪

[17:15]★Leanne Delphium: ♪Her love of sweets is equal to none, eating a house of candies in one run! ♪

[17:16]★Leanne Delphium: ♪The owner asked "What you've done!", she answered "I ate your business, sorry I will be gone!" ♪

[17:16]★Leanne Delphium: ♪ She ran away with a sorry in her mouth, smile on the lips like a satisfied mouse! ♪

[17:16]★Leanne Delphium: ♪There is a girl that likes to brag, brag about others and about herself! ♪

[17:17]★Leanne Delphium: ♪She is coming to the end of her song, she readily says, thank you for hearing, feel free to call me wrong! ♪

Part III: Our sole gentleman contender, Khuja'sae The Sparrow:

---------------------------------------------------------

[17:19]Nathan Telluride: "And the competition remains fierce! Now, let's see a gentleman of fine bearing ascend and give us his own performance!" He beckons to Khuja'sae.

[17:20]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪A day such as this brings me such delight♪

[17:20]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪To bring to you a song this night!♪

[17:20]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪They say Khuja'sae is my name!♪

[17:21]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪And I hope to tell you of a jouster of fame♪

[17:21]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪There once was a man with hair of white♪

[17:21]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪He could be seen in slight moonlight♪

[17:21]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪A jouster of immense renown but♪

[17:21]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪A tiny bit of a fettered clown♪

[17:22]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪When asked to put forth all his might♪

[17:22]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪To joust for you all at this night♪

[17:22]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪He refused to take up his steely lance♪

[17:22]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪Because he thought he’d kill at a glance♪

[17:22]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪You see the wars are not foreign to he♪

[17:22]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪Who battles far in a snowy sea♪

[17:22]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪With dragons abound and the like♪

[17:23]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪And of late he has come of much to strike♪

[17:23]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪Not to say the competition is trifle♪

[17:23]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪But yes to say that the matter will stifle♪

[17:23]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪A killing blow to the champion today♪

[17:23]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪Another day he’ll see if the chances may♪

[17:24]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪And ther emy excuse will sit an ebb♪

[17:24]Khuja'sae Fashonti: ♪Farewell to you all, I am off to bed♪

[17:25]Khuja'sae Fashonti: "I thank you all!"

The Herald's Challenge Results, RE: The First Annual Flame Festival - Telluride - 10-19-2015

Part IV: The fetching and bold Odette Saoirse

--------------------------------------------------------------

[17:26]Nathan Telluride: "And for our final performer -a long, cool woman in a fine hat!" He beckons to Odette.

[17:26]Odette Saoirse: Odette takes to the stage with sauntered confidence, the sea faring bard dipping in a flourished bow for those present. With lute in hand she offers a strum, a single note to announce her presence and draw attention to she as she states, "My name is Odette du Saoirse, but ye can just call me Odie. I'm also representin' Janice of t'Black Shroud, Pie Eatin' extraordinare!" A dramatic pause is given, followed by another attention-grabbing strum. "This is her story."

[17:26]Odette Saoirse: *A strum of the lute is followed by several, each deft flick of the wrist bringing to the fore a jaunty harmony of notes that danced and weaved together to form the foundation for which sung word accompanied with dazzling smile.*

[17:27]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “The beast was tall, tall as could be,” [♪]

[17:27]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Pan to mound, taller than that tree!” [♪]

[17:27]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Scales baked brown like the darkest crust,” [♪]

[17:27]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “It needed be slain, ‘twas a must!” [♪]

[17:28]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “And so came eight with quickened pace,” [♪]

[17:28]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Men and women, marching in haste.” [♪]

[17:28]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Drawingc utters, and knives, and claw,” [♪]

[17:29]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Hence thrown themselves at pastry maw.” [♪]

[17:29]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Valiant in battle, each fell,” [♪]

[17:29]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Save the brunette who fought through hell,” [♪]

[17:29]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Here’s her tale, Janice Milburga,” [♪]

[17:30]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “This day she battled with fervor! [♪]

[17:30]Odette Saoirse: [♪]Eight cried out “Lettuce carrot home victory!”[♪]

[17:30]Odette Saoirse: [♪]And the eight were raddished contradictory[♪]

[17:30]Odette Saoirse: [♪]Only one warrior leeked through the green fight[♪]

[17:31]Odette Saoirse: [♪]Who turnips after all? Janice, all pie’s blight![♪]

[17:31]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “First projectiles shade of berries,” [♪]

[17:31]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Flung along, reddest of cherries,” [♪]

[17:31]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Dip and weave, our heroine ducked,” [♪]

[17:31]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Another was from battle plucked.” [♪]

[17:32]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Their numbers dwindled one by one,” [♪]

[17:32]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Beneath heat of sweltering sun,” [♪]

[17:32]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “None matched the woman's tolerance,” [♪]

[17:32]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Thecheering crowd her audience.” [♪]

[17:33]Odette Saoirse: [♪]Eight cried out “Lettuce carrot home victory!”[♪]

[17:33]Odette Saoirse: [♪]And the eight were raddished contradictory[♪]

[17:33]Odette Saoirse: [♪]Only one warrior leeked through the green fight[♪]

[17:33]Odette Saoirse: [♪]Who turnips after all? Janice, all pie’s blight![♪]

[17:33]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Weapon aside, the beauty launched!” [♪]

[17:34]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Teeth and claws pierced succulent haunch.” [♪]

[17:34]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Flurried bites rendered beast helpless,” [♪]

[17:34]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Jan Pie-Bane: moves smooth as velvet.” [♪]

[17:34]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “She bi tthrough butter berry tart,” [♪]

[17:34]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “Each strike precise, a work of art.” [♪]

[17:34]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “With Nophica’s gift upon me!” [♪]

[17:35]Odette Saoirse: [♪] “I have a flawless victory!” [♪]

[17:35]Odette Saoirse: [♪]Only one warrior leeked through the green fight[♪]

[17:35]Odette Saoirse: [♪]Who turnips after all? Janice, all pie’s blight![♪]

[17:36]Odette Saoirse: A grin and a bow sees the woman jump down from her perch. "Thank ye fer listenin'."

[17:36]Nathan Telluride: "A final round of applause for all four of our heralds!"