Hydaelyn Role-Players
Secondary RP Server (Closed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Secondary RP Server (Closed) (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Alothia - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 06:39 PM)DimmerMeerkat Wrote: I will rule you all.

On both servers.

Damnit, Sae...you can't undermine me. That's why I'm so nice to everyone. I mean...um....*backs away slowly*

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Martiallais - 07-01-2013

This is a tough issue.

But, as has been said, no matter what server people are deciding to choose let's please try to remember that everyone's here, whether it's because you were in 1.0, because you found the site through google, or because you saw this site linked elsewhere....we're all here because we all like roleplaying and want to do so in FFXIV.

I think if everyone approaches this poll, and even the discussions like this which are sure to follow as we get closer to Phase 4 of beta and Launch, it'll help smooth things on both sides of the aisle.

We're all in this together, so to speak. Now have a moogle. Moogle

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Asyria - 07-01-2013

Well, there's trolls and there's worried people...

Like I said I understand the feeling on both sides, having been on both sides, and like I said elsewhere, the whole higher level people being around is a legitimate worry...  but it would become a legitimate worry pretty fast on a new server as well.

Besides, a server with older characters around isn't all bad. It means the lower level areas will be less overcrowded.

What's important however is to remain friendly.

Heh, that's kinda funny coming from me, I used to pick fights a lot on forum and in chat... because I felt very strongly about the community AND because I of RL issues bothering me more than I was willing to admit. Things change, though!

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Olofantur - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 06:38 PM)Kossori Wrote: Oh, trust me. I've been playing MMO's long enough to understand.

In all reality, Phase 4 and Pre-Order is the launch of ARR in my eyes, and for most people who see this MMO as their Golden Goose for the present and future.

Also, server economies on new servers usually are bonkers to start, but they level out. The thing about it is that everyone is starting on level footing where on Legacy servers, you'll have the higher leveled masses using their advantage to control the market due to their ability to farm and banked gains from 1.0. 

There will be economic problems on both sets of servers, I just prefer one over the other.

I assure you I don't presume anyone's experience with MMO's and yes I to understand the balance of the economies, I just feel it prudent to take a moment to address them.

As a note, the market competitive on 1.0 servers has kept the prices fairly low for most finished goods and the level of cross over for resources between crafting disciplines retains a demand for reagents.

/shrug, it is truly just a matter of opinion, and like you say, they'll all just balance out eventually. (pending server closure or consolidation of course.)

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Brom - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 06:16 PM)Kossori Wrote: Every server will have its bad apples, can't avoid them in an MMO really.

The only reason I do not want to be a part of the cool-kids-Balmung gang, is simply due to the fact that it is a Legacy server.

I like the idea of ARR being a brand new experience to everyone around me. I like the idea of everyone starting off on even foot and watching the server grow and evolve as time goes on. I like the idea of the economy flourishing from the ground up and server first achievements of any and all kinds being done by people I know were not given the 'headstart' the Legacy gang did.

That's just me though, as someone who avoided the trainwreck that was 1.0.

I like to think of it as a brand new game, and just feel more at ease starting on a server that suggests the same.

I know Legacy servers have benefits, but it's just not for me, I guess. Big Grin

That's why I was hoping for a solid non-Legacy alternative for roleplaying.
I'm a new guy here, so take everything I say with a shovelful of salt, but...

While I somewhat agree with this, I think a large part of that is going to be mitigated by differing circumstances. I think any way you slice this pie, there's going to be a huge influx of new people on every server either way. And personally, even though my 1.0 character is being carried over... My plan is to delete him and start over fresh. I didn't get as far in as most of the Legacy folks, but I want this to be a new game and a new experience too. I know I'm not the only one who plans on doing something radical like that.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Razamir Lahoka - 07-01-2013

I agree with Rhynka, I would like to see both sides of the playing field, as I have met some really cool rpers who have said they wish to stay on Gilgamesh, as well as some really cool people who are going to Balmung.    That being said, I did vote for Gilgamesh but I havent made my decision either way.  After getting a look a each community "IF"  there is another server, I will then decided where my main will go.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Alothia - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 06:43 PM)Zarek Wrote: This is a tough issue.

But, as has been said, no matter what server people are deciding to choose let's please try to remember that everyone's here, whether it's because you were in 1.0, because you found the site through google, or because you saw this site linked elsewhere....we're all here because we all like roleplaying and want to do so in FFXIV.

I think if everyone approaches this poll, and even the discussions like this which are sure to follow as we get closer to Phase 4 of beta and Launch, it'll help smooth things on both sides of the aisle.

We're all in this together, so to speak. Now have a moogle. Moogle

[Image: tumblr_inline_mnm58eh8Ox1qz4rgp.gif]

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - DimmerMeerkat - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 06:41 PM)Ryaadi Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 06:39 PM)DimmerMeerkat Wrote: I will rule you all.

On both servers.

Lol, that's the spirit but I have a trump card. *dangles cat nip menacingly*
*eyes go big*

*crouches low and wiggles his butt*

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Asyria - 07-01-2013

You know I might just roll my roegirladyn alt in that secondary server, just to have different people to play with. ^^

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Varus - 07-01-2013

[Image: tumblr_mb8wcfbdVA1rooix8o1_500.jpg]

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Vanschiver - 07-01-2013

Not sure why I think it is awesome that Moogle has votes.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Rinh Hallani - 07-01-2013

I voted Moogle because I'm still concerned about time zone differences and legacy economy and my boyfriend told me a lot of English people are going there. It's the server I rolled on for beta.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Gideon Aryeh - 07-01-2013

Remember!  No matter what server wins or loses we have to start off this server with a solid rp foundation! Stick together and turn the secondary rp server into a solid choice! We should all have the goal of making this work! We can do this!

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Varus - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 07:34 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Remember!  No matter what server wins or loses we have to start off this server with a solid rp foundation! Stick together and turn the secondary rp server into a solid choice! We should all have the goal of making this work! We can do this!

Best words said in this thread since ever.

RE: Secondary RP Server (Please read before voting!) - Y'sehr - 07-01-2013

Comment one: Can I put in a vote for Rydia? Best server name ever <3

Comment two: Can't we all just get along?

Comment three: I have no clue what my plan is yet so don't wanna vote. Yay!