Hydaelyn Role-Players
The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah (/showthread.php?tid=6706)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Erik Mynhier - 03-27-2014

Due to high interest from the European community, the event's start time will be moved back two hours. The Sultana will attend for most of the event, if not for the whole of it, but I will be lacking Sultansworn to attend as there are few who could be in such a long event. I reach out to the EU community, seeking Sultansworn to aid us in guarding Her Highness in the early hours of the event. Two volunteers should be enough.

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Shizuka - 03-27-2014

I am so sad this is only on Balmung! I love Gilgamesh, but what I wouldn't give to switch servers just for one night! A royal ball is right up Lalah's alley!

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - McBeefâ„¢ - 03-28-2014

[Image: 87I3UDP.jpg]

Who could this be~~~

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Elan Tyrinar - 03-28-2014

Hey, It's Elan the Bard. We met in the Quicksand not too long ago. You asked for my assistance in regards to playing music. ((I will request the day off from work)) Do find me in game.. or send me a message.. and we'll figure out what kind of music I.. and any other members of my Linkshell can perform.

Thus far, I do have an Aria in my repertoire that I can perform from FFVI (SNES) I will look into a Waltz.. or other forms of music. Elan has mostly FF-related songs.. but I can look into other options, as well.

To all you other bards out there.. ♪Esprit du Bard♪ is a Bard RP LS that focuses on performing, whether it be singing, harping, or dancing.. we're all about it. Contact me should you wish on joining.. so I can share with you the scripts and base template of my playing.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=6540

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

-Elan Tyrinar

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Erik Mynhier - 03-28-2014

The aid of not only yourself, but of your entire troupe is most welcomed news Master Bard. I will find you tomorrow.

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Aldotsk - 03-28-2014

Most of the Sailor Suits and Spring Dresses cost at least 100,000 to 1 million gil just to grab the materials because of Vanyas and Treasure Map drops.

If you somehow want something else such as regular robes, I'll try to craft them.

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Kage - 03-28-2014

At this point I think I hope Kage is sworn before then cause it'd just be easier to be in uniform ;A;

Or farm brayflox but ain't nobody got time for that when you wanna get i90 on two characters..

(03-28-2014, 05:28 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: Most of the Sailor Suits and Spring Dresses cost at least 100,000 to 1 million gil just to grab the materials because of Vanyas and Treasure Map drops.

If you somehow want something else such as regular robes, I'll try to craft them.

I will start running my maps instead of selling them. I'll throw you mats as I come upon them and we'll knock this problem out. Fortunately only two have asked for assistance so far, and also the gowns are not mandatory, I will gather mats for the two who asked and I will leave crafting their happiness to you. I may need to get mats for three, Her Majesty may want one also.

(03-28-2014, 05:32 PM)ExKage Wrote: At this point I think I hope Kage is sworn before then cause it'd just be easier to be in uniform ;A;

Or farm brayflox but ain't nobody got time for that when you wanna get i90 on two characters..

Her Highness has asked for you to be in Her guard for at least part of the Ball. She is eager to meet you, as well as Roen, Lambert, and Anelia on my recommendation for her Honor Guard. As the only six Sultansworn she wishes to know us all.

(03-28-2014, 05:44 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:
(03-28-2014, 05:28 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: Most of the Sailor Suits and Spring Dresses cost at least 100,000 to 1 million gil just to grab the materials because of Vanyas and Treasure Map drops.

I will start running my maps instead of selling them. I'll throw you mats as I come upon them and we'll knock this problem out. Fortunately only two have asked for assistance so far, and also the gowns are not mandatory, I will gather mats for the two who asked and I will leave crafting their happiness to you. I may need to get mats for three, Her Majesty may want one also.

The requirements for the dress crafting score is ridiculous. I won't deny that it's utterly stupid.

However, if you do get me mats, I'll ask someone I know to craft for me. I've had some connections and those two have had cooperated with me to make the dresses for free. 

Velveteen Coatee is also not bad. They look like steward/stewardess clothes, but you'll see in lores that people wear that the most in game.

(03-28-2014, 08:40 PM)Aldotsk Wrote:
(03-28-2014, 05:44 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:

The requirements for the dress crafting score is ridiculous. I won't deny that it's utterly stupid.

However, if you do get me mats, I'll ask someone I know to craft for me. I've had some connections and those two have had cooperated with me to make the dresses for free. 

Velveteen Coatee is also not bad. They look like steward/stewardess clothes, but you'll see in lores that people wear that the most in game.

Agreed, I'll leave it in your hands then. I will seek the mats and we will see where it leads us. I'll grab the clusters needed Monday. I'll see what I get from the maps also.

Anyone with questions regarding getting the actual dresses, coordinate through here. As stated the mats are the main choke point, but Aldotsk may have someone willing to help craft them. I and maybe a few others will try and help gather mats, but if you have your own or can gather them yourself, feel free. And once your dress is made, continue to gather so we can help everyone. If we all work together, everyone will win.

[Image: JvQwL90.png]

What they actually look like. But yeah. Even prom dresses weren't as ridiculously expensive as this.

(03-28-2014, 10:32 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: [Image: JvQwL90.png]

What they actually look like. But yeah. Even prom dresses weren't as ridiculously expensive as this.

You know, I fully expect to see someone running coil in that dress now.

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Miqo'te Senpai - 03-28-2014

Can't wait to go!

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Erik Mynhier - 03-29-2014

(03-28-2014, 11:14 PM)Miqote Senpai Wrote: Can't wait to go!

Can't wait to see you there.

----

To the dress issue, if you simply cannot get one, and we cannot help you due to the insanity of the prices, use your imaginations. It is a Royal Ball, so uniforms on service type characters is fine, even ones not from Thanalan, as Ellaria suggested, Coatees would work. I hoped that we could get a dress for everyone who wanted it, and we will continue to try, but a plan B is always good to have.

Also, be sure to keep spreading the word, especially to people you know in game that are not active on the forums. And if your friends can't find dates, help them.(note to self, find a date) A guest is not mandatory, but makes things more fun. Really good for those friends who rp that they have feelings but can't say it. Go as "friends" and let magic happen. I suppose I haven't mentioned that random rp in the Ball is not only allowed, but encouraged. I was asked if it would be allowed, and the answer is yes, please do.

And for location. The Ball will be held in The Chamber of Rule, with the spillover and mingling areas in the halls of Hustings Strip. If that should not be enough room, we will also utilized the Royal Garden below the CoR and the area between (the halls and stairs between). The main entry point will be the aether crystal into the Chamber.

And finally after this is all said and done, I will post up a poll, asking whether you had a good time, what you liked, disliked, and whether you would be interested in another event. I have a few more ideas for events and with the very positive support I have gotten, I would love to get a few more of those ideas out there. Such as weddings, Erik has preformed 5 weddings this month, and I enjoy it because the people involved have fun. I myself am a chaplain in real life, and sometimes preform real weddings, so its something I enjoy doing.

We are getting close to this thing, and I can't wait.