Hydaelyn Role-Players
In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: In the Shadows of Death's Wings (/showthread.php?tid=8167)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Lillith Cale - 09-16-2014

(09-15-2014, 05:50 PM)Coatleque Wrote: I was not there so I cannot speak for anyone, but I could almost guarantee if anyone felt ignored it was most likely due to one of two things:
1.) lots of chat scrolling - even for those who are used to skimming for pertinent information, sometimes things fall through the cracks.
2.) chat 'nom'-ing? - Sometimes the filters will eat someone's post for no good reason.  Even if you see it on the screen, others may not have simply because it didn't actually go through.

Bad first impressions are hard to get over, but I hope this one won't stop you from future participation!
I don't have any intention on giving up Smile This was only my first event, and I'll continue to keep trying to integrate myself into the community ^_^

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Lillith Cale - 09-16-2014

(09-15-2014, 06:05 PM)Iron Sea Wrote: I'm game. I'll be around a bit this week hopefully. Iron was being cooped up in his FC house from getting made into a human quiver, but he is already back to sneaking out.
He met up with Jana last night and broke things down for her, also to give some direction..so if that pair is looking for him he isn't too hard to find ( meaning whisper me and I'll drop the big lug somewhere. Usually the Quicksand, but recently the Limsa fishing docks since he is working an angle there. )
Either way, I'm down for building up a network and group to Crow hunt.
Iron can certainly be used as a gateway for people to get info, and plan how to go about further.
Askier, if you want need any angles worked message me!
I don't know if I'll be able to today, but I'll send you a whisper in the near future so Meta and I can arrange something to stop by Smile Mercenaries love a good hunt!

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Roen - 09-16-2014

I wasn't there either (and I haven't been... sorry! >_< )but just knowing the people who are involved and running things...

They aren't the cliquish type! Don't give up! I mean, Askier & Co. goes through the pains of setting these events up to bring the community together after all!

This community is really open. Just make sure there is plenty of OOC communication BEFORE HAND so people know who is whom and what is going on.

I know I had to direct someone to this event (late even) and I am sure incorporating anyone to this event would have been made SO much easier if there was just some preparation ahead of time.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Ragnar - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 01:31 PM)Roen Wrote: This community is really open. Just make sure there is plenty of OOC communication BEFORE HAND so people know who is whom and what is going on.

I know I had to direct someone to this event (late even) and I am sure incorporating anyone to this event would have been made SO much easier if there was just some preparation ahead of time.

^This! In hopes of preventing people from feeling left out next time, we are going to try and have an attendee list for each future event. We hope that each of you who plans to come will let us know in advance with the name of your character and which side they fight for. That way everyone can refer to the list to see who their team is in advance. If you also know someone is coming, but is not on the RPC, please note that they will be coming. It will help the organizers out a lot in advance to have some idea of who is coming, and work to fix any significant imbalance before the event starts. It also means we can track down those signed up and remind them 30mins before hand or so that the event is starting.

I would also like to personally apologize for the messy start. There was more I could have, and should have, done to try and make things run smoother in Askier's absence.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Askier - 09-16-2014

Hello all!

Thank you to all who attended my first event.  Event number two is Saturday but I need some volunteers.  I need 3 more lovely ladies to act as "sacrifices" , don't worry you won't actually die or anything like that.  Basically you will be playing the damsel in distress that the heroes have to rescue just moments before your eternal soul is ripped from your body and turned into fuel for a dark resurrection spell.  How's that for a first date setting?  Lol.

If you are interested in participating, please pm me about it. Be glad to have you.  Big Grin

I'll be posting  more about event two and posting a way for all those coming to sign up so we can help eliminate ooc issues this time.

Edit:

Women do not need to be virgins! lol

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - HonZoMon - 09-16-2014

I'm sure the next event will be epic and we will all be well prepared. Big Grin

I'll ask around about the deliciously distressed damsel vacancies also.

So bring on Saturday!

Edit: All the ladies we have on here are lovely, Askier. No need to specify that Wink

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - DoomsdayClock - 09-17-2014

It's this Saturday..? I've got to see what happens to the back end of my week. I was hoping for more time to get these hero folks together some!

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Meta Xi - 09-17-2014

I'll have to make sure my schedule is clear!

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Lillith Cale - 09-17-2014

I am, of course, quite interested! I'll be sure to keep my schedule flexible!

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - SM Nick - 09-17-2014

Count me and my FC in! Just hope I don't have a lot of homework on Saturday!

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Rhaq Embhre - 09-17-2014

(09-16-2014, 09:01 PM)Askier Wrote: Hello all!

Thank you to all who attended my first event.  Event number two is Saturday but I need some volunteers.  I need 3 more lovely ladies to act as "sacrifices" , don't worry you won't actually die or anything like that.  Basically you will be playing the damsel in distress that the heroes have to rescue just moments before your eternal soul is ripped from your body and turned into fuel for a dark resurrection spell.  How's that for a first date setting?  Lol.

If you are interested in participating, please pm me about it. Be glad to have you.  Big Grin

I'll be posting  more about event two and posting a way for all those coming to sign up so we can help eliminate ooc issues this time.

Edit:  

Women do not need to be virgins!
Sounds good to me! got one here that can be snatched just let me know when and where and all that fun stuff ^_^

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Askier - 09-18-2014

A big thank you to all who rped last night. Was a fun little random mini event that happened. Lol.

Also Iron Sea has volunteered to be the hero team leader.  If you wish to get involved, Iron is a master at getting people involved and an awesome Rper.  If you wish to be a baddie still, We are always interested. 

For event the Saturday, will.be at 9 cst at the dry docks La Noscea. 

Why dry docks? Cause I love that place but never have a reason to there. . . Now I do! Lol.

Heroes will meet with Iron at the Gate of the dry docks. Baddies and kidnap victims inside the dock itself. Check in will begin as early.as 8 pm cst and we will try to start as close to 9 as possible.  We ask that if Iron, myself, Rotunda or Oubliette asks you do something If or OOC, within reason, you do it, especially when we are organizing groups for fighting.

I'm looking forward to this and any questions are welcome.

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Ragnar - 09-18-2014

Thought I might try throwing up a list of participants.

Please PM me to let me know if you want to particpate. I just don't want to bury other posts on this thread, so instead bury my inbox Big Grin Remember! Character name and the side you will be playing for.

Heroes

-Meta Xi
-Niklas Gran
-Rena Gran
-Lillith Cale

Damsels

-Rhaq Embhre
-Anelia Sadowyn

Villains

-Atrium Crow
-Rotunda Crow
-Oubliette Crow

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - DoomsdayClock - 09-18-2014

We have two days left..and one damsel on that list. If we can find a few more ( I'll see if I bump into any too , but if anyone has lucky lady friends who want to be snatched up offer em to the pike )
then I think we should try to do like last night. Given that was utterly spur of the moment..but it served to draw Misha into the plot, and Kakaru too if he wants to see it through.
If we could do a few more before Saturday.....Jana and Misha maybe with Lilith and Meta Xi....And Anelia and Erik maybe in Ul'dah coming across an abduction we ca dramaticly force everyone together on very even grounds. I'm going to try to meet with as many people IC as humanly possible over the next two days, but if some Crows can play at night..we should definately run some small scenes with everyone getting their own spotlights before we all take the stage together on Saturday!

RE: In the Shadows of Death's Wings - Askier - 09-18-2014

Actually we have two more damsels noe. Just got pm's from.aldoysk and Emma. So yay! Big Grin