Hydaelyn Role-Players
Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? (/showthread.php?tid=8291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Parvacake - 09-16-2014

Yup. I hardly saw an FC even snag a house. This is fucking STUPID!

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Aldotsk - 09-16-2014

Bought Mine (For FC, not myself) - Mist 7th Ward.... Plot 5.

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Xiaoli Vorgan - 09-16-2014

SERVERS have been up maybe 20 minutes now. ALL SMALL PLOTS in MIST WARD 7-8 have been purchased. Surprise Surprise. I will up this post when I look at the other 2 wards.

It's OFFICIAL

ALL SMALL PLOTS FOR EVERY CITY, in BOTH WARDS 7 and 8 have been BOUGHT within the first 20 minutes of the patch launch.

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Maril - 09-16-2014

Got a personal house.

Lavender Beds, Ward 8, Plot 10.

Also please stay on topic here, I do not wish for people to debate the pros and cons of housing, just your plans regarding it (and now that its open which place you got if any)
Thanks.

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Elyscia - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 07:26 AM)Sastra Wrote: Got a personal house.

Lavender Beds, Ward 8, Plot 10.

Also please stay on topic here, I do not wish for people to debate the pros and cons of housing, just your plans regarding it (and now that its open which place you got if any)
Thanks.

Hey, neighbour (..sorta) I'm in Ward 8, Plot 4.

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Lillini - 09-16-2014

I managed to get one in Mist, Ward 8, Plot 18 if anyone would like to drop by to visit!

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Berrod Armstrong - 09-16-2014

Grats to all those who snagged personal houses!

To think I'd wake up this early for this besides me buying Kamen Rider belts....well played Yoshida and SQEnix

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Warren Castille - 09-16-2014

Bummed this is how they chose to handle it.

Not surprised, given how SE handles everything else.

I work super early. The agony of being up after patch notes, but at work before servers came up. Congrats anyone who got one. Sorry, folks who didn't.

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Dogberry - 09-16-2014

I didn't expect to buy a house right away. I'm poor, but savvy, and I can save up money over time when I need to.

However, I expected for SE, and Yoshi-P especially, to keep their word. Everything they told us about personal housing was a lie.

I'd like believe that it was more of they were trying to satisfy their members game capacity was forbidding them . I am disappointed too , but they probably have good reason to it

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Warren Castille - 09-16-2014

It reeks of implementation deadlines, really. They talked for too long about being mindful of adjustments for it to be thrown away and a flag changed like this.

My personal, no-insight guess is that they didn't have the means to give what they promised at 2.38, but they'd already been harangued into giving something. Remember, they had no intentions of letting individuals buy their own stuff; Both personal housing AND personal rooms were added in after players whined for them. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a revised version of player housing down the line after 2.4 (which is where the bulk of their current dev time is spent, let's be honest) and they just use whatever they were working on for the past couple of months there.

Look at it from the other side: Do you give a half-assed version and patch in the "real" bits later? Or do you just straight-up give nothing and expect people to be content with that?

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Kage - 09-16-2014

It sounds like a permanent solution to the matter though since they're planning on upping the amount of wards to either 12 or 16 in 2.4. I can't tell if his comment of current plots refers to the previous 6 or the current 8 wards.

Well, I mean if everyone did have their own house when they are in FC and the FC has house, people would just go to their own. 

But I am not the developer of FF14. I am sure Yoshida probably felt really bad about announcing such disappointment news and he probably didn't want to make a lot of excuse.

RE: Personal housing: Rp organizingness? - Roswyn - 09-16-2014

(09-16-2014, 08:45 AM)Kage Wrote: It sounds like a permanent solution to the matter though since they're planning on upping the amount of wards to either 12 or 16 in 2.4. I can't tell if his comment of current plots refers to the previous 6 or the current 8 wards.

This really isn't the answer though what they have done is unsustainable and cheats FC's out of housing.

Player housing and FC housing should have remained separate. Granted, they would have had to get the art staff back in there and draw up new ward designs and housing designs then find a way to implement it all. Probably a new quest line introducing the area etc.

With the current route, I really feel they are going to spend a tragic amount on hardware to host the player demand for housing when they could have just gotten some designers back in there to find an easier, more ingenious route. Entire wards are occupied by solo players while FC's are still looking for it. Something just feels off there.