Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your excuse for Ishgard? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Your excuse for Ishgard? (/showthread.php?tid=11550)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Rusty Knight - 05-15-2015

Technically Alueaux is always going back and forth anyway; so no excuse needed! I'm certain he'll be questioning others motives for being there however!

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Velaena - 05-17-2015

A happy return to her home city-state, although she has been helping in Coerthas for a while. Technically she never left ^^

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - LiadansWhisper - 05-18-2015

I'm looking to see what the specific call turns out to be.

But, Gridania and Ishgard have deep historical ties (that have been ignored, sadly, in the MSQ so far), and that's probably going to be my justification for Liadan going to Ishgard.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Paradox - 05-20-2015

A'rklonn is going to Ishgard for the same reasons he goes anywhere where there's a war. To observe which side he believes is right or wrong, or flip a coin, and join just to test his strength against the other guy. RP wise, he's not sure if he's on the side of the dragons, or the side of the Ishgardians, or his favorite side; his side. Either way, it means new training grounds, and new enemies to fight, and new food to sample. He loves new food.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Aeri'ica - 05-20-2015

Aeri'ica loves to walk, and since she has already walked everywhere she can, a new bridge leads to new places to walk. However she is very wary of Ishgard, she sides with the dragons and understands the peril there. But walking must be done so come hell or high-water the Ascian controlled in Ishgard aren't going to stop her!

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Miko Shiroi - 05-23-2015

Personally, I'm lucky that my RPC has a severe case of wanderlust. He loves to explore because his health kept him from doing so at a younger age. Ishgard is just another place to explore in his eyes. He probably won't stay there for long, though, as he can't stand cold weather.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Ginal - 06-06-2015

Ginal herself doesn't have a lot of reasons to venture into more Ishgard territories, though she is generally motivated to try to be good person and help people.  More than anything, Ginal follows her wife, Selah, who was raised in Ishgardian culture.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Aeylis Bloodbinder - 06-07-2015

Aeylis will most likely -never- go there unless there is business opportunity for her family company. 

I was under the impression, through MSQ, that they were letting the WoL and comrads to enter, but was it stated that the invitation was for "commoners"? Just gonna wait for more MSQ to thread that in, because if the gates are closed to "just anyone that wants to waltz in" then she wouldn't be there obviously (and she wouldn't give a crap about going anyway, she hates the cold and Coerthas in general). 

Now, Since it's plausable (from the Aldenard world map) that you could take a ship from Limsa to Dravania, I may tie in those areas for possible trade and/or lumbermills (since I always RP'ed that the company deals with massive imports and sea shipping anyway).  Her company would still be based out of Limsa, though.

If by chance, lore wise, Ishgard was open to trade with "outsiders" then there also may be a chance I could thread that in with her having to go and deal with merchants over there (As she normally does with the City-states).

I'm not too crazy about it, since I left her story (and her personality) open to receive anything new that is thrown in future expansions/patches.  If lore-wise she can't go in and do business, she simply won't, and won't be bothered by it.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - V'aleera - 06-07-2015

Ishgard is already open to trade with outsiders. That was one of the conditions they used to bring Ul'dah (and the proto-Limsans?) into the Autumn War against the Ala Mhigans. Their biggest export is likely their chocobos, the population and breeding of which their nation has almost total control over.

The quest Highwind in Ishgard suggests that the trade is extremely limited or at least tightly controlled at the moment, however.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Viola - 06-07-2015

When she clashed with Midgarsormr and later Vishnap, the mini-Primal known as Memenu was impressed. She craved stronger foes. She needed them. With the Ascians in hiding and hordes of adventurers constantly grouping up to try and kill her, she knew it was time to move.

The Garleans all but defeated and no means of enacting judgement upon them, she turned her eyes north, hoping that there was a match equal to her might. However, her body was starting to decay from the recent enemies she fought and knew without a larger, more resilient body, she would drift back into the aether, and with it; her hopes for vengeance against those who would harm the very race she was summoned to protect would be in vain.

But how? Or better yet, "who", would be the next vessel for her? In a thought of malicious irony, she had found it; an Au Ra would serve as a new host.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - DoomsdayClock - 06-11-2015

Lho has barely left the Shroud. Ul'dah is still massively new and curious for him, and he has only been to Limsa maybe once....
that said, someone he cares for is heading to Ishgard, and the doom cat simply cannt bear the thought of her being in danger without him. He was grossly ripped off by a merchant, bought a big ol fur coat and hat...and plans to stow away in her luggage

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Dogberry - 06-11-2015

Dogberry is now on the run. He has to stay hidden, and out of Maelstrom jurisdiction. Given that the three nations are all buddy-buddy there's too much chance of extradition if he's caught, but Ishgard is unlikely to extradite or even bother to arrest some Limsa Lominsan criminal.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Eses Fafa - 06-11-2015

Me am Dragoon! Me see dragons! ME KILL DRAGONS AND MAKE MOUSTACHE COMB OUT OF SCALES!

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Voilinaut Larille - 06-11-2015

All Ishgardians  are called out to  arms by  inquisitors  and   they  have to  serve their  homeland.    Otherwise,  their  families will be  held  accountable.

... that's  Larille's  excuse.

RE: Your excuse for Ishgard? - Nadine Marteau - 06-11-2015

Nadine is Ishgardian and wishes to return home. The only thing that has been keeping her from doing so is that she wanted to finish her father's work of developing an invention that might be useful to present to Skysteel Manufacturory. She's done that now, so she is quite eager to return.