Hydaelyn Role-Players
Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid (/showthread.php?tid=527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Vareal - 09-03-2010

BloodHecate Wrote:
vareal Wrote:It's not the worst thing that could've happened.
Nope, but it's enough to talk about.

Ranting is my way of keeping light.

well I'm not going to give it any more attention, it's fun has worn out and it's become menial.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Alevra - 09-03-2010

vareal Wrote:
BloodHecate Wrote:
vareal Wrote:It's not the worst thing that could've happened.
Nope, but it's enough to talk about.

Ranting is my way of keeping light.

well I'm not going to give it any more attention, it's fun has worn out and it's become menial.

*point* *glare* *points at bedroom* Evil

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Kylin - 09-03-2010

There's no way we can ever please everybody. For every server name, there's at least one person out there who hates it no matter the circumstances. I'll be honest. I too don't care for the name "Besaid." But that's beside the point. We had a vote, it won, and now we have a central place for role-players to gather. And that's the most important thing above all else.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - River - 09-03-2010

I wouldn't worry about the troll, guys. He/she will continue to whine, no matter the response to their immature posts.

When it comes down to the name, I think names will grow on us. The server will be defined by us, by our community, and by our experiences, and soon we'll have a great deal of pride for the name. It's just change, and change is often difficult for everyone, even if it can be good. Big Grin

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Jakky - 09-03-2010

What's in a name? That which we call a Velodnya Cosmos by any other name would smell as sweet.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Aniir - 09-03-2010

Jakky Wrote:What's in a name? That which we call a Velodnya Cosmos by any other name would smell as sweet.

I must admit that is very well said.

I love Ul'dath

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Soren Miren - 09-03-2010

Castiel Wrote:*Poll results are final. Do not whine after the results that the server name is lame. Regardless of any drama here or on any other site, the chosen RP server will remain the same.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Rhio - 09-03-2010

I'll be the first to say that there were times during the vote that I got a bit critical. I'll also be the first to say that it wasn't my choice of server, either in a hypothetical world where we could name servers whatever we wanted or in the world where we have what we have. And I also logged in on Lindblum when it looked to be winning, made a character, and got working.

But Besaid won. It's our server. And any discontent I had is going to be put to the side at this point, because the important thing was making the decision one way or the other.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Tyriont - 09-03-2010

Ah, democracy. The thing so touted around the world, the thing held up as a shining example...the thing everyone loves until you realize that not everyone agrees with you and your guy/choice/whatever lost. XD

Didn't like Besaid. Voted Trabia myself. Don't care. Because y'know what? I believe that the Venn diagram of "people who won't roll on a server because that name is 'teh ghey'" and "people who would likely grief RPers" would look almost like a single damn circle. Hell, the hatred most people have for FFVIII is half the reason I voted Trabia in the first place, figured we'd encounter less trolls that way.

Of course, those complaining about a troll should, y'know...stop feeding it >.> Personally, I'm not so sure BloodHecate is a troll...I don't think these posts are made specifically to stir up trouble, she's just over-reacting and expressing the point poorly. I kinda see where she's going with the "if x then y" bit, but I'm also concerned about the fact that she's gonna hurt herself jumping off a slippery slope so quickly like that.

In fact, I have the perfect solution to the problem. Castiel, here's what you do. Install a filter in the forum (just like the profanity filters on some boards) that automatically changes Besaid to Fluffywuffymuttonchops. Regardless of the actual server name, that shall be what we refer to it as. Because Ren's right, that's an awesome name.

The Ty has spoken. So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

Oh, also?

Alevra Wrote:*point* *glare* *points at bedroom*

Kinky. Quiet, demanding type. Best go along with it, Vareal. Otherwise the whips and chains come out.

Unless you like that.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Trizzip - 09-03-2010

Yar, when you have a community this large, you'll run into some pretty diverse individuals. All of us express our opinions in different ways, so I guess the best you can do is be understanding, say your peace, and if it falls on deaf ears, just move along.

Also, keep in mind as we continue to grow, this community will only get more and more diverse (aka more ppl not agreeing on things). But as long as these disagreements are voiced in a healthy way and handled in a respectable adult manner, I don't foresee any problems.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Aveline - 09-03-2010

BloodHecate Wrote:
vareal Wrote:I don't mean to pry, but you'll have to explain to me why this is such an issue.
vareal Wrote:ok, srsly, I'ma stop flamming this thread. Bloodhecate, seriously, why?
Because I can't get all these awkward images of a beach, Wakka, Tidus, and all the overly different things from Final Fantasy X than the more Traditional Fantasy setting out of my head.

I really do not like the Tropical image that comes into my head every time I see Besaid. I think I'd be a little better off if at least if had to be from Final Fantasy X, was something like Guadosalam, Bevelle, Moonflow, Macalania, or Mi'ihen instead.

I think you are confusing Final Fantasy for D&D Onlne. Final Fantasy games are not your typical high fantasy Tolkein-esque settings. Many FF games have tropical beaches in them.

Are you implying that people from warmer climates don't have a solid mythology or imagination?

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Tadir - 09-03-2010

Actually, Final Fantasy tends to be more Steampunk than any other type of fantasy.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Trizzip - 09-03-2010

Well, depends on which FF you're talking about. Some are more tech heavy, others are more fantasy based. A lot of earlier FFs were more fantasy based. Now a days it's kind of evolved into a steampunkish sort of theme. SE needs to go back to their roots and re-release a PS3 version of IV. That would be win.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Tadir - 09-03-2010

From 4 on they were pretty steampunky. Of course, none quite so much as 6, but the rest of them had a heavy element of it.

Re: Unofficial RP Server is Besaid - Asyria - 09-03-2010

Lolvotedrama!

Personally, I think a beach is cool. I voted Mysidia cause FF IV was my favorite, then switched to Istory cause it was a funny pun and there was no way at this point my vote would matter cause it was all between Lindblum and Besaid, then I switched to Kashuan at the last moment because I made a pun about cashews on another thread.

I'm VERY happy with Besaid however, even if I hated FF X (didn't quite hate it as much as I found it completely uninteresting), because there doesn't seem to be any other huge groups planning to go there, last we heard.

As much as I love the name and the game where Mysidia is concerned, it would have been awful for us, considering how many (and what kind) groups were planning to go there.

the only thing I can add is that if there had been either a Costa Del Sol or a Black Mage village server, I would've been all over them.