Hydaelyn Role-Players
How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? (/showthread.php?tid=6377)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - DreamedReality - 03-02-2014

Surprise touches for Jaques? No go. Violence is in store for the contact initiator. As a particular -surprise hugs!- Miqo found out in an RP already. ^^;

Jaques has a hard time with casual contact. He is even leery of a handshake. Although he is unlikely to grow violent from 'friendly contact' he will: retreat from the contact, ignore it until it goes away, or try to intimidate the other person away.

Amid those he trusts he's more open to it and to a select few he'll even initiate the contact.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Antain - 03-28-2014

Vaughn doesn't mind touch. He is especially open with people he trusts. Strangers, he'll shake a hand, maybe hug them after first meeting in a farewell.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Ignacius - 03-28-2014

You touch Orleans Ignacius, and he'll touch you right back.

It's all about context...

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Melodia - 03-28-2014

(03-28-2014, 11:00 AM)Ignacius Wrote: You touch Orleans Ignacius, and he'll touch you right back.

It's all about context...
Ditto this for Ruru. How that touch is initiated or the meaning behind dictates his response.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Zhavi - 03-28-2014

Mostly depends on Zhi's mood. She's an instigator at heart, though, so she won't be afraid of using personal space to her advantage. Thing is, I don't think most people would want to touch her, or be touched by her. The fleas/lice alone are plenty reason to keep your distance, much less the way she looks or smells (and even if she's bathed regularly, she still would likely look dirty and disheveled, and smell like fish). Not that she's ever let that stop her when she's after something!

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Hiro - 03-28-2014

Hiro isn't very physical, anything out of the blue or sudden he'll likely avoid but in the middle of conversation if someone touches him or reaches out to him he'd likely just stare at them confused.

My Lalafell, Jovan, would freak out and start beating the offender with his staff: "IT DOES NOT TOUCH US IT IS UNCLEAN!" Eventually he'd regain his composure and go back to being his eloquent little self.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Evaleigh - 02-13-2015

My characters run the gambit.

Star - Loves physical contact. It is in fact a great way to calm her down from one of her tantrums is for someone she trusts to just hug her until the 'bad thoughts' go away.  She adores cuddle piles and just leaning against someone.  She loves attention, even from strangers.

Evaleigh - My Hyur however cannot handle being touched.  She freaks a little when it comes to physical contact wanting nothing more than to escape the situation.  She tends to keep people at arm's length through poise and presenting a stand-offish and collected lady-like demeanor but every so often someone will try and hug her and she just stands there and takes it wishing it to all be over.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - K'nahli - 02-14-2015

(02-24-2014, 12:49 PM)Nananomi Wrote: Despises it, and harbours a deep fear for the stuff.

That's right, a Lalafell who isn't all "cuddle me or ill explode". They exist.

This makes me very sad in the heart.

K'nahli Yohko -
She'd be receptive of hugs from her blood sister, K'mih and from her mother but anyone else within her tribe would almost certainly earn a far, more, apprehensive reaction. Were she travelling and encountered an outsider whom was overly affectionate and launched themselves on to her with a hug, then she'd likely become immediately uncomfortable and throw them off right away agitatedly.

Unnecessary hand-grabbing would warrant a similar reaction for outsiders but a tap on the shoulder or perhaps a poke would be fine.

Andre Winter -
Andre is a noble boy, so while he'd be very careful about how he treats others, he'd likely humour most physical contact offered by even complete strangers and simply become embarrassed at worst while laughing it off.

Alex Hawthorn -
Alex can usually be rather indifferent about most things. Typical contact would be ignored but if anyone, for whatever reason, decided to hug him or anything of that nature then he'd calmly shuffle himself free or push them back away with a glide of his hand.

Lulani Manani -
Would probably be okay with just about anything other than affectionate contact from fellow, male strangers. Females might make him embarrassed in a much different sense and lead him to finding a way out in a polite but nervous manner.

Au Ra -
Would most likely, silently disapprove of any contact of a friendly nature and promptly free himself from anyone whom would, for whatever reason, grab his hand or hug him. Being that he will be a largely emotionless character, these reactions are not ones you would really describe to be done out of mere discomfort.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 02-14-2015

clio has a personal bubble that few are allowed to break through if it's not job related. simply because physical contact to get information for a mission and physical contact for personal reasons are separate in her mind.

she's not to the point of braking fingers or getting jumpy if someone bumps into her or does an over eager handshake (as in hi! *grabs hand without holding hand out for her to take first* ) that will just have a mild annoyance that will most likely be kept to herself for politeness' sake. otherwise there's a space she maintains.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Edvyn - 02-14-2015

by coughing and sputtering loudly whilst shouting "YOU GAVE ME A DISEASE YOU GAVE ME A DISEASE" causing everyone in the room to stare disapprovingly shortly before running off to wash their hands Cool

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Caspar - 02-14-2015

Because it's godmodding, I haven't really been able to do it, but originally I intended Virara to get startled and shoulder throw or tackle anyone who touches her from behind, purely on reflex. I haven't gone quite that far, but yeah she's kinda adverse to it. From those who are close to her, she tolerates it, but this is something she's unaccustomed to. For the most part the only physical contact of that sort she's had is hitting, etc, so it's natural for her to be wary of it. (Though she gets petted OOC constantly...)

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Parvacake - 02-15-2015

Lili is always one to give hugs, kisses on the cheeks, and things of that nature! Just...don't touch her neck. Touch her neck and she'll shirk her shoulders. Same with her ears, or breathing on either of the previously mentioned!

Xelra? Just. Don't. Unless you're family or too innocent to know better.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Enla - 02-15-2015

Cylin has an involuntary flinch to being touched and actively despises it without her expressed consent. It bothers her immensely, and anyone who wishes to get to know her needs to respect that boundary if they really wish to remain in her good graces. She's not so touch phobic however that she won't eventually become comfortable around certain people, but even then her being the one to initiate the touch is preferred.

Enla is the kind of person who simply doesn't care, so long as the touch doesn't mean someone is trying to help her against her wishes or do something unsavory. She often can be found nudging against her best friend and other people, even smacking one or two people who piss her off royally.

Theula'sae... Well, he uses touch as a weapon, so I'd say he's fine with it...

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Moonlit - 02-15-2015

Ezhara does not react poorly to physical touch. As an ex-courtesan and a healer she can understand the importance of body language and connection through touch. Of course, she'll likely startle if someone gets into her guard without her notice. Respectfully, she will always ask (in some form) unless she's been given permission in the past. 

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - V'aleera - 02-15-2015

V'aleera has a rather large personal bubble when it comes to strangers, and even most friends, and will react with annoyance if touched. She is more physically intimate with close friends and family.

The main exceptions occur on the battlefield, where she won't hesitate to take a wounded comrade in her arms or shove an ally into cover from oncoming fire, and she won't flinch at being assisted by another when wounded herself.