Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Duskwight Discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A Duskwight Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=2947)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: A Duskwight Discussion - Teardrop - 08-04-2013

Seven clans so far listed in the Duskwight Clans wiki. Six listed for Balmung, one is Gilgamesh...it should be a lot of fun to interact with each other Thumbsup !

RE: A Duskwight Discussion - Kyatai - 08-04-2013

I agree! Smile

RE: A Duskwight Discussion - DreamedReality - 08-05-2013

Added another one for Gilgamesh.

RE: A Duskwight Discussion - Kyatai - 08-05-2013

*hugs Jaques*
Yay!
Though I'm sad I can't get to know you with Chiané, very glad I can harass you with Kya. *grins*

RE: A Duskwight Discussion - Rosekitten - 08-05-2013

This really makes me want to finish fleshing out the details on my character's family/clan. I had started details on his close family but made mentions towards elders and such at some point. Even if he doesn't actively interact with the clan now I think it might be fun to do and put details in ^^; Granted it seems like the clan I would be writing out would be more craft/gatherer base then fighter.

RE: A Duskwight Discussion - Teardrop - 08-05-2013

(08-05-2013, 10:30 AM)Rosekitten Wrote: This really makes me want to finish fleshing out the details on my character's family/clan. I had started details on his close family but made mentions towards elders and such at some point. Even if he doesn't actively interact with the clan now I think it might be fun to do and put details in ^^; Granted it seems like the clan I would be writing out would be more craft/gatherer base then fighter.

And thats perfectly ok, Rosekitten, as my clan was based on being sort of a mining operation Smile I think its safe to say there are all sorts of possible Clan configurations and backstory possibilities, and as long as you weren't the family of secret Drow that dug all the way down from the Underdark to Eorzea and came to blend in with Duskwight society, I think most people would be more than happy to interact with whatever you come up with (and maybe there would be a few that wouldn't even mind the Drow angle, if that's really your thing Laugh )

(08-05-2013, 12:05 PM)Teardrop Wrote: ....and as long as you weren't the family of secret Drow that dug all the way down from the Underdark to Eorzea and came to blend in with Duskwight society,.....
Dang you, Teardrop... you totally dissed my Clan!

*shakes fist*

.... and I was all ready to set up a Lloth shrine too...

Angry

(08-05-2013, 12:50 PM)Kyatai Wrote: Dang you, Teardrop... you totally dissed my Clan!

*shakes fist*

.... and I was all ready to set up a Lloth shrine too...

Angry

*bearhugs* You're so cute when you're angry! Tongue

Quote:Though I'm sad I can't get to know you with Chiané, very glad I can harass you with Kya. *grins*

I'm sad Jaques won't be able to meet Chiané either... but I welcome Kya harassment! It'll be fun! ((Even if Jaques might not think so. )) Angel

Bwahahaahaaa... you have NO idea....
*looking forward to much RP funz with my two RP groups! Big Grin*

(08-05-2013, 12:05 PM)Teardrop Wrote: And thats perfectly ok, Rosekitten, as my clan was based on being sort of a mining operation Smile  I think its safe to say there are all sorts of possible Clan configurations and backstory possibilities, and as long as you weren't the family of secret Drow that dug all the way down from the Underdark to Eorzea and came to blend in with Duskwight society, I think most people would be more than happy to interact with whatever you come up with (and maybe there would be a few that wouldn't even mind the Drow angle, if that's really your thing Laugh )

Oh no no... as much as I do enjoy Drow lore and reading stories on them (certain stories anyway... probably the less popular ones), I don't see me going that route. Though now that you mentioned it... it would be interesting to see how someone would play that idea out. But I'm not that bold. Tongue 

Maybe later today I'll finish detailing things out and such on the clan. I had pretty much done half of the work to that just because I needed something to waste my time ... not it's just putting it together and officially naming it.

edit: Was it mentioned in how to go about naming the clans? : o I haven't had the luxury of time to back read that far today.

(08-05-2013, 01:15 PM)Rosekitten Wrote: edit: Was it mentioned in how to go about naming the clans? : o I haven't had the luxury of time to back read that far today.

Many clans, if there is only one family involved (or one dominant family), seem to just be going off the family's last name.

Eva's clan name is a french name based on the geographic location of the clan. Because my clan has multiple families, I took a page from her and did the same with my clan's name. *tips hat to Eva*

yeah... seems most of us are either taking a cute from the 'French Inspired' by smooshing legit French words together to create an 'image'... or using straight French words/surnames.

Either way is cool... just figured making the Clan name fit the Naming Rules for Elezen seemed logical.

RE: A Duskwight Discussion - Teardrop - 08-05-2013

Here is the link to the Duskwight Clan wiki.

It seems that there are several ways that folk are going about naming their Clan, Rosekitten. Some use their own last name, as their family was perhaps the prominent member of the clan. Some might use a different name as the clan name, signifying the dominant family's name, to which their's was a small part of a larger tribe. I think some may even be naming their clan based on the region, or some significant aspect of the clan's activities. Perhaps by seeing what others have done, it will give you an idea of what might be right for you Big Grin We've got 8 listings...and growing Thumbsup

Yeah I was kind of figuring on keeping to the french style rule for the names. I've already glanced over the wiki a bit ^^ very informative (Once i have more free time maybe i can read more).

RE: A Duskwight Discussion - LeCard - 08-05-2013

That's one more clan for Blamung. Clan Voleur.

Also, I would like to advertise here that Rogier's mother needs a clan. Here is what I would need as a minimum for her to be in the clan.
  • Near Gridania
  • peaceful hunter/gatherer type clan
  • not known to have healing magic (relies on potions/medicine)